Not a newbie

cyberninja2601

I'd like to welcome all the new members and figured this would be one of the more efficient ways

I'm Patrick from Ottawa now San Jose California.

I am literally and Rocket scientist (and electrical engineer) who worked on the space station and shuttle program until 1992 and then when to work for ATI (now AMD) when I lived in Toronto.

I now Manage a group of engineers in the Intel Data Center Group and my group is responsible for the 5G wireless interface infrastructure

I use to game with these guys, however I don't think I have turned on the PS4 in a month or more. No time.  I am hoping however to have worklife balance return to normal shortly.

I use to play Cod/Battlefield/Overwatch/Destiny with this group

Cyberninja2601

4 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

I'd like to welcome all the new members and figured this would be one of the more efficient ways

I'm Patrick from Ottawa now San Jose California.

I am literally and Rocket scientist (and electrical engineer) who worked on the space station and shuttle program until 1992 and then when to work for ATI (now AMD) when I lived in Toronto.

I now Manage a group of engineers in the Intel Data Center Group and my group is responsible for the 5G wireless interface infrastructure

I use to game with these guys, however I don't think I have turned on the PS4 in a month or more. No time.  I am hoping however to have worklife balance return to normal shortly.

I use to play Cod/Battlefield/Overwatch/Destiny with this group

Cyberninja2601

Now that's an intro! 

New people, watch and learn! 😀

3 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

Working on a shuttle sounds like a pretty amazing job.  What was it like?

Out of this world (sorry couldn't help myself :))

It's actually very structure very tedious work. The number of times you have to do the same work is very high. We were response for the "Canadarm"  which is on both the shuttle and the space station.  I had to redesign the same communication transceiver 5 ways for example, just to get the "most prefered" way.

Testing on the "Vomit Comet" (reduced gravity aircraft) and the Natural Buoyancy lab was the best part. Not recommended for those who are prone to motion sickness,

10 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Hi Pat, miss you buddy. Hope the wife and kids are doing wonderful as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man.

My son graduated University and now is an account at KPMG. Finished in the top 10 students and did out proud

My daughter is about to start her bio-chemistry research at health canada/university and is on schedule to graduate

My wife is looking at early retirement in the next few months

Glad to have you back around the place Pat and ace to hear the family and yourself are doing great. Sounds as if the kids are gonna have an awesome future. Hopefully we can get some Destiny missions in at some point in the future.

As Dave says above, don't go too far away this time! :D

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb