Redrix's Broadsword - New Crucible Reward

GazzaGarratt

A lot of interest in this weapon since yesterday. Its essentially a carbon copy of the Crucible reward for Season 3 called Redrix's Claymore. Same archtype, likely to have the very much the same perks but causing some controversy because it won't be exactly now based on skill.

However, it is still an extremely grindy quest that will need a lot of Crucible stuff completed to get it. The quest steps have been offered early to let people know how much time and effort you may need to put into this one. I follow in a separate post my thoughts.

Redrix's Broadsword Quest

Step 1:
• In the Crucible. Defeat 200 opponents with Pulse Rifle final blows.

Step 2:
• Reach Valor Rank “Heroic”

Step 3:
• In the Crucible. Earn 75 Double Plays.

Step 4:
• In the Crucible. Defeat 150 opponents with precision final blows from any Pulse Rifle.

Step 5:
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Arc final blows
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Solar final blows
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Void final blows

Step 6:
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Quickplay (Rotators count)
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Competitive
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Rumble

Step 7:
• Complete 20 Crucible Bounties

Step 8:
• Reset your Valor rank 5 times within a single season

Step 9:
• Visit Lord Shaxx and claim your reward.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I thought it was grindy but do-able until I got to Step 8......no. I’ve maxed that out and I’m damned if I’m resetting it once, let alone 5 times!! That’s a bit too grindy even for me!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Probably gonna pass on this one, unless they make it not take as long to hit max Valor. I'd be down to tackle the rest of it. 

As far as people being salty over their Claymores, even if someone else can get a similar weapon the name is the trophy in this case, so I don't see the issue. If you kill me with a Claymore it tells me about your achievements even if another gun is an exact copy of it.

It’s so grindy. I believe step 8 runs concurrent to steps 1 to 7 but even so 5 valour resets is a lot. Unless they are planning a lot more double valour weekends, or making each leve less. 

Even doing the first 7 steps one after another is a total pain. Maybe they will change that before launch .

3 hours ago, Baabcat said:

It’s so grindy. I believe step 8 runs concurrent to steps 1 to 7 but even so 5 valour resets is a lot. Unless they are planning a lot more double valour weekends, or making each leve less. 

Even doing the first 7 steps one after another is a total pain. Maybe they will change that before launch .

Yeah the valor reset seems to take forever now. Hope they change it to give you more per win or something 

I won't be going after this pro-actively until I naturally get to Step 8.

However, they should do enough Double and Triple Valor weekends in Season 4 where I think on those I'll try and take advantage. Again, if we get a few that want it, we can work together as we'll all get there far quicker than you think.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

4 hours ago, Baabcat said:

I’ve made a start on this and on the Chaperone quest from Amanda Holiday. I’m finding crucible is in a decent place at the moment, lot of fun, lots of different weapons.

For step 1 I’m about half way through the pulse rifle kills 

Bob, is the quest for this just a pick up from Shaxx or a random drop in the Crucible?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork