Crispys Controller Hospital

crispymorgan

Bit of an update.  Working on one of @GazzaGarratts controllers.  Replaced triggers, but there is still a dodgy analog controller that is jumping a bit.  I've ordered a few and we'll see how they go.  Should be ok, and hopefully another controller fit and well.

My middle mouse button has been a bit temperamental of late.  It's a Logitech G402.  Lovely mouse but annoying when you try and use the button and nothing happens in overwatch.  A quick bit of googling suggests it's an Omron B3F-1000.  Ordered one off the 'bay  for £1.21 but they sent 2, so 60p each. nice.  First thing to do is find the screws, in this case they live under the mouse skates.  I've got them off, but maybe I'll order some fresh ones as they have a few kinks in, they were well glued on there.

hDs3rWq.jpg 

Next phase is to locate the button.  Easy peasy, it's the white one under roughly where the middle mouse button is.

ZSpu0fM.jpg

Tear down the mouse so I can get to the solder.

hT7twmt.jpg

Using my new super duper solder sucker to remove solder.  It's a pain to do so no pics.  I find the best way is to add more solder, melt it and then press the button on the sucker and it hoovers up the solder (it's a spring loaded widget).  Now the button is removed.  Clear the holes as necessary and insert new button.

EB8sss1.jpg

Now to solder it in place.  The gloopy stuff is flux that helps the solder flow.

Q5iBEfH.jpg

Nice simple job, no new mouse needed and fixed for £1.21.  I love to fix things and it's always nice to save having to buy something so you can put the money to other stuff.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

We'll relaunch this little beauty in a few weeks to give a nice separate space for @crispymorgan's amazing talents. Y'all better start checking your controllers.....

On 5/17/2019 at 3:34 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

We'll relaunch this little beauty in a few weeks to give a nice separate space for @crispymorgan's amazing talents. Y'all better start checking your controllers.....

@crispymorgan is this on hold until the new section is setup?  I have a blue DS4 controller that needs some TLC.  It would be nice to use it again but one of the triggers broke and I opened it to fix, I couldn't fix it so now the triggers don't contain them little springs.  So I guess the main issue would be replacing the triggers (or atleast one of them) and putting some little springs back in.  It's much harder to use without the springs.  I'm not 100% certain but I think one or both of the bumper buttons also stick.

I don't know if this is the right thread to put this in...

I'm having trouble with my PS4 controller, It won't work unless it is on the charging cable, soon as you disconnect from the cable the whole controller goes off. Any ideas if this is a quick fix?

10 hours ago, CookYouVillain said:

I don't know if this is the right thread to put this in...

I'm having trouble with my PS4 controller, It won't work unless it is on the charging cable, soon as you disconnect from the cable the whole controller goes off. Any ideas if this is a quick fix?

That's weird. Does it remain dead when you push the main center button? May be a problem with the internal battery or there could be an issue pairing with the device.  You can try resetting the controller itself - there is a tiny hole on the back (next to the L2 I think) where if you have a pin, you can push the button and reset the controller.