Crispys Controller Hospital

crispymorgan

So a lot of people have knackered or dying controllers.  Because I'm frugal with money, I usually fix them.  If you have an unwanted controller, I'll take it off your hands and fix it ready to be given back out to the community at cost (usually a few quid).  If you have one that needs fixing, again I'll do it for parts only.  I've also done PS vitas and stuff, but they are a bit more breakable :(

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Crispy, how much do you reckon it would cost to fix a PS4 controller with a knackered left stick switch? Doesn’t like running when you press the stick down. I thought I read somewhere that it was a sprung connection on the controller mobo but I could be wrong. Is it worth replacing both stick switches at the same time?

I’ve read some articles on repair and it’s definitely outside my comfort zone!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Should be an easy fix, most forums suggest the plastic that pushes down has worn.  Lets see if anyone sends in some trash controllers, It'll be easier if  I have spares.

Just repaired shoulder buttons that don't accelerate fully, that cost £1.55.

52 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Should be an easy fix, most forums suggest the plastic that pushes down has worn.  Lets see if anyone sends in some trash controllers, It'll be easier if  I have spares.

Just repaired shoulder buttons that don't accelerate fully, that cost £1.55.

If you were to get these...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neuftech-Joystick-Replacement-Playstation4-PS4/dp/B01H00I05Y/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1534518670&sr=8-13&keywords=ps4+analog+sticks+replacement

and the other two bits in the “frequently bought together “ at the bottom of the page you might be able to fix both my duff controllers and get yourself the dismantling tools if you haven’t already got them. I don’t mind paying for the tools as you fixing them is going to be cheaper than me buying a new controller and, as you’re doing it for free, I think a donation to the FGFGF would also be in order?

If you want to try it out on my older controller first send me a PM with your address....if anything happens to that one it’s not the end of the world 👍

I think this is a great idea @crispymorgan and a really great idea to help people at FG in a different way. I'd urge anyone with faulty ones to get check-in here aswell as people that are happy to give up some old controllers for the sake of others.

I also support, as @Plumbers Crack suggests, a small donation to the FG Feel Good Fund (FGFGF if people don't know already) via the donate button if you're looking for help on one. We're not tons here, a few quid here and there goes a long way to making someone Feel Good here.

Top man Crispy.

33 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I think I have 2 controllers I can donate. Both work I think, one of them has the COD sickness. 😂

Don't know what it will cost to send them to the UK though. 

That's ace mate! if you can package them up give me a shout on the postage if its too high. 👍

JwhsYHl.jpg

that groove on the left stick shouldn't be there, it's stopping the L3 button from clicking.

New Thumbsticks on order.  I'm going to replace Ajay's at the same time.

Yeah, every now and then the lookspeed on my right stick will be sluggish until I wiggle it still looking in the same direction. Although I'm still not sure on this; it could have been autoaim on random far away enemies affecting it.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

Going to try and replace an analogue control on a pad. Alex is having issues with drifting slightly up with no input.

Via the FG App

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Going to try and replace an analogue control on a pad. Alex is having issues with drifting slightly up with no input.

Via the FG App

Good luck...is this the test run?

Yes, I'm hoping your controller doesn't need this. The sellers have messed my order up though. They only sent 1 and I ordered 4. Waiting to hear back.

Via the FG App

ryaQ154b.jpg became aIWgEoCb.jpg

Thumbsticks changed, and full clean.  I have a spare now so if you have a problem, and no-one else can help, maybe you can hire...... The Crispy.

Seriously though, let me know if you need a swap out.  I'll send you out the spare, let me know if you really want your original back though, otherwise I'll use it as the spare once fixed.

CrustyPilot review:

Having been totally surprised by this new feature of the FG website, I took the opportunity to send off Sick Controller #1.

Unfortunately, a break down in the supply chain lead to an unavoidable delay in the controller parts and much frustration of Dr.Crispy, who was itching to complete his first “operation”. Eventually, new parts were sourced and the repairs completed. The controller was then extensively tested before being shipped back by first class post

Apart from the aforementioned glitch, the whole operation went smoothly and bodes well for future “patients”

I would recommend this facility to anyone wishing to breathe new life into a faltering controller, particularly if you can’t make your damn character sprint!! Thanks again Dr. Crispy!

9/10....because no-one’s perfect 😉😘

How much in general does it cost to send a PS4 controller?  I do have a blue DS4 in which at one point I removed the little springs in the trigger buttons, can't remember why but I was having an issue with it.  Turns out I now don't use the controller as it just doesn't help the triggers to feel usable. I have myself tried to fix this but I wasn't successful.

So if anything it would just require replacing them to make the triggers working as before.

EDIT: Thinking about it, one of the triggers may have snapped, so thay too might need replacing.

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

How much in general does it cost to send a PS4 controller?  I do have a blue DS4 in which at one point I removed the little springs in the trigger buttons, can't remember why but I was having an issue with it.  Turns out I now don't use the controller as it just doesn't help the triggers to feel usable. I have myself tried to fix this but I wasn't successful.

So if anything it would just require replacing them to make the triggers working as before.

EDIT: Thinking about it, one of the triggers may have snapped, so thay too might need replacing.

First class post is IIRC £3.95

I'm going to order springs. I may try a bit of modding, button colours and stuff. I can certainly sort it out.

The stupid ebay seller still hasn't sorted their fuck up out. IIrish should have sent 4 sticks, but i only got one. The dog had since eaten it because my wife moved the package and it looked tasty i presume. I've told them to issue a refund but nothing yet. It's only a few quid, but it's the principle.

Via the FG App

3 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I'm going to order springs. I may try a bit of modding, button colours and stuff. I can certainly sort it out.

The stupid ebay seller still hasn't sorted their fuck up out. IIrish should have sent 4 sticks, but i only got one. The dog had since eaten it because my wife moved the package and it looked tasty i presume. I've told them to issue a refund but nothing yet. It's only a few quid, but it's the principle.

Via the FG App

Do you want the old controller Crispy...see the PM

I've had the same issue with the replacement pads.  Using Crispys patented card shims, I've fixed it and tested it. It just gives it a bit of extra lift as the trigger doesn't quite contact the pad at the right spot.  Both triggers now give 100% range.  Did you PM me your address?  I'll get it posted back to you this week :)

I think after we dropped off a million controllers and other tech bits to fix on Saturday we may need to extend your hospital talents!

How's the work going? :D