Nvidia RTX 2080

J4MES OX4D

On 8/14/2018 at 11:55 PM, phil bottle said:

I've seen £300-£400 price drops for some 1080ti cards that were recently in the £1000 bracket, so I ain't complaining. It's almost within reachemoji16.png

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I'm hoping prices continue to drop.  Gaming on a GTX 980 at 1440p doesn't hold up very well anymore with newer games 😞.  Still works well for what it does though.

I'm hoping prices continue to drop.  Gaming on a GTX 980 at 1440p doesn't hold up very well anymore with newer games [emoji20].  Still works well for what it does though.
Yeah man, while it's good to play some games like PUBG on low settings, I want my games to look good. I thought the 980 would still be holding it's own but I suppose its the VRAM that needs more memory, I've only 2gb on my 770...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Yeah man, while it's good to play some games like PUBG on low settings, I want my games to look good. I thought the 980 would still be holding it's own but I suppose its the VRAM that needs more memory, I've only 2gb on my 770...

Well it is still pretty good if you only game at 1080p.  1440p can push the card a little and I don't manage to max most new games that come out.  I don't care about high FPS as I need to cap my monitor at 60FPS due to screen tearing, but keeping 60FPS is important as anything lower is highly noticeable.

Well it is still pretty good if you only game at 1080p.  1440p can push the card a little and I don't manage to max most new games that come out.  I don't care about high FPS as I need to cap my monitor at 60FPS due to screen tearing, but keeping 60FPS is important as anything lower is highly noticeable.
That makes sense. 60 is the magic number[emoji3]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

That is also an awesome number but when you reach 60 you know you're finally in a good place. Just ask retired plumber Dave emoji12.png

60 is the new 40...just saying...😎

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Well, admittedly it looks pretty but why aren’t the planes moving through the sky?

Well the game is set in WWII and I don't think planes started moving until the late 1980's so DICE are once again spot on with their realism here😎

Graphics cards launches always piss me off. They're always bragging about fancy new technologies like ray tracing, shadow forming, bla fucking bla and the internet goes AMAGAD SO AMAZEBALLSSSSZZZZZ until you buy the card and find that it supports two games, on the first Monday of the month between 19:27 and 21:19 due to the drivers constantly fucking up and crashing your games. Then you settle down and find solace in the fact that you own the most powerful card in the game until two weeks later AMD rocks up and goes "BUT BUT BUT HBM" and the process starts all over again, until it transpires that AMD's cards require 14 chillers on the roof of your house to keep them cool. 

Nowadays I look at operating temps, power consumption and benchmark scores, all the gimmicks are a load of shit.

DX12 anyone? Fuck me what a failure that was. 

banlol.png

Graphics cards launches always piss me off. They're always bragging about fancy new technologies like ray tracing, shadow forming, bla fucking bla and the internet goes AMAGAD SO AMAZEBALLSSSSZZZZZ until you buy the card and find that it supports two games, on the first Monday of the month between 19:27 and 21:19 due to the drivers constantly fucking up and crashing your games. Then you settle down and find solace in the fact that you own the most powerful card in the game until two weeks later AMD rocks up and goes "BUT BUT BUT HBM" and the process starts all over again, until it transpires that AMD's cards require 14 chillers on the roof of your house to keep them cool. 

Nowadays I look at operating temps, power consumption and benchmark scores, all the gimmicks are a load of shit.

So true. One guy had a go on the new Tomb Raider with it and was upset cos he was only getting 30 frames on 1080p.
Apparently frames no longer matter and we have to bow our heads in wonder at the new architecture. Yeah right🤣

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

58 minutes ago, Diddums said:

The best parts of new generations are the top of the line old line goes on sale. Buy a 1080ti and hang out for 5-10 years. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

Looks great, I think PC hardware is going to have to be rise to this challenge over the next several years if software developers take it up....

...though I think I'll still go with the 1080ti.

Almost did it last night but there's a couple of cards I'm looking at I know can drop a little more in price. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

14 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:
Can't deny the videos are amazing but just not sure if those extra fresher graphics are worth an absolute fortune.

They aren’t.

Edit. So that was my response in the car trying to be edgy. For me the newest graphics card will never be worth the money or the growing pains. NVIDIA especially has a real knack for terrible drivers on certain games, or when a new card releases. Then you have to think if you have a monitor that can really bring out the best of this mammoth. 4k, 240hz IPS monitors will run you close to 1,000.

Until my 1080 cannot run games on Ultra at 1080 with 144 fps I have no reason to switch. Not to mention you can then begin overclocking. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD