Blackout Beta September 10th

J4MES OX4D

I'm surprised to see all of these reactions honestly.ย  I guess that's because barely anyone here plays PUBG.ย  I have near 1500 hours into PUBG, along with my squad who have around the same amount of time dedicated.ย  We've been able to keep a top 300 worldwide ranking for months.ย  Got as low as 125 in the world, so you can say we take it pretty seriously.ย  We've all been watching a ton of Blackout streams and we're all buying the game and really looking forward to it.ย  Most of the streamers are all saying how much they love the gameย and they're not even console players.ย  COD didn't revolutionize BR by any stretch but what do you really expect?ย  BR is like 1 years old and they added a number of things to the game that will make BR even more fun (the perks, the grappling hook, etc).ย  I had very little expectations of either COD or Battlefield making a game that could compete with PUBG but I think COD has nailed it.ย  BF5......not so much.

ย 

You can say that this is just a more arcade and cartoony version of PUBG but I think it fixes a major issue with PUBG with it's incredibly unathletic gameplay.ย  The movement in PUBG is terrible and coming from a Halo/COD background I can't wait to be able to play a BR game where I can use all those quick-reaction skills (jump turns, drop shots, slides, etc).ย  I dunno, we're pretty pumped about it

34 minutes ago, McNasty said:

BR is like 1 years old

BR has been around for over 5 years.ย  It may be 'new' to some users but in terms of the wider market, it's a very saturated genre and Blackout is coming in almost at last-knockings.ย 

37 minutes ago, McNasty said:

COD didn't revolutionize BR by any stretch but what do you really expect?

I wasn't expecting much as this game mode has only been in development since this year (cough cough cash grab cough) but even so, I would've expected a bit more in terms of personality, functionality and features considering the budget on these games and the omission of a campaign.ย ย 

36 minutes ago, McNasty said:

You can say that this is just a more arcade and cartoony version of PUBG but I think it fixes a major issue with PUBG with it's incredibly unathletic gameplay.ย  The movement in PUBG is terrible and coming from a Halo/COD background

PUBG is supposed to replicate more realistic elements - more ARMA than COD/Halo.ย  The mechanics work very well with a keyboard and mouse as they were originally optimised for. COD is arcade, heavily aim-assisted and bullet physics along with recoil is absolutely minimal. Many users who enjoy the challenge that the likes of PUBG brings may not find Blackout very satisfying with more simplified aspects in place.ย ย 

Just watched a couple of stream highlights for the PC beta and it looks like theyโ€™ve done an amazing job. Visuals look clean, rendering is on point and the framerate locked at 90 makes the game look smooth as silk. Most noticeable difference is the interface - it looks slick and functions can be executed near-instantly rather than faffing around holding and navigating with buttons. They really need to rework the console UI into grid form at the very least with one-click actions.

ย 

Look forward to sampling the open beta tomorrow - itโ€™s available to pre-load on Battlenet right now for those interested.

Played a handful of games so far - best ones were 4th twice and second place. Visually the game looks very good maxed out on PC - some bland textures but overall the colour is good as is the terrain and locations. The functionality of the interface is great thankfullyย and the game does work well as a BR formatted title. I just don't know if this is the type of game I'd want to play over and over and put a lot of time into. The core MP does not impress me at all at BR may just divide and deplete what is already a flaky population. Also with the usual COD BS of hitmarkers, bad bullet detection and connection problems; that can be tolerated in team deathmatch but in Battle Royale it's fatal and game breaking. Treyarch games can piss me off at the best of times even if I'm going 25-5 so to die in one life because of bullshit may just frustrate me too much to really enjoy the experience.ย 

ย 

As the guns are all fictional and I don't know anything about the perks; I have a lot to learn - I was even using a shotgun earlier thinking it was a burst Assault Rifle!ย 

Played some PUBG last night as everyone was depressed about the beta ending.ย  We played maybe 4 or 5 games, and I'm pretty sure PUBG is done-zo for us.ย  I still enjoy it, but my squad mates have had enough and I don't think we'll touch PUBG again once Blackout releases.

ย 

They played probably 10x more during the beta than I did so I'm just going to take their word for it.ย  I had too much going on this weekend and barely got comfortable with the inventory system before it ended.ย  Don't know jack about any of the guns which was frustrating but I'll figure it out quickly enough

ย 

Overall, if a bunch of die hard PUBG guys are all bailing for this game it says something positive.ย ย 

ย 

A pretty scathing analysis of the utterly shit netcode in this game.

10hz servers and you will ALWAYS get hit by somebody no matter how their ping is. Meaning you will get hit when you are way behind cover. And people still seem to be praising this shit show.

fart.gif

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Fuck em all.

ย 

ย Battle(Non)Sense is an excellent YouTube channel, nice find. I've learned a lot from watching his vids. The Escape from Tarkov one was hilarious, and thankfully they have resolved most of their issues with net code.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Treyarch games have terrible netcode at the best of times but Blackout is certainly a sight to behold. I know they've copied everything from other games in BO4 but you wouldn't expect them to swipe the negative aspects that plague other games too!

ย 

I guess players will be hoping for a HC Blackout playlist๐Ÿ˜Ž

ย