Blackout Beta September 10th

J4MES OX4D

Okay. May seem weird to a few but I'm likely to pre-order now to get a beta code. I want to try this a lot to see how different it is to the current BR games out there.

I really do think it has potential. More likely to challenge PUBG rather than Fortnite as Epic Games' model is just so different and accessible to everyone.

For those that haven't seen also; Blackout will likely only support 50-60 players rather than the 140-50 they were hoping for. If this mode is underwhelming, it will certainly be hugely embarrassing for the franchise but hopefully the focus will then revert back to pure COD multiplayer rather than just a BR cash grab.  

A lot of the COD cocksuckers seem unmoved by this and will just stick to Fortnite so that already doesn't bode well for Activision. 

3 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Hopefully they make it an open beta; not only so everyone can enjoy it, but to also give the servers a full run out so they don't fuck up on the first day.

You would've thought they would have opened the beta up to all as a proper stress test and an advertisement to the game but it seems aside from the PC version, the beta is closed to pre-orders on the PS4 and XB1

Screen-Shot-2018-08-31-at-1.04.37-PM.png

You would've thought they would have opened the beta up to all as a proper stress test and an advertisement to the game but it seems aside from the PC version, the beta is closed to pre-orders on the PS4 and XB1
Screen-Shot-2018-08-31-at-1.04.37-PM.png
It's about time they started showing PC some respect. I'll definitely try it out. It wouldn't surprise me though if the consoles go open beta too, after the first day.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Watched a couple of streams so far and Blackout looks like a cartoony arcade version of PUBG. Visuals are colourful but the textures and detail look pretty bad especially the building interiors.  Mechanics seem solid enough though and it could be fun to play now and again. Not sure if it's worth buying the game for but I'll give the beta a shot when it's available.

I played a few games. It's just like any other Battle Royale game. But with a COD skin. 

If you like BR then you'll probably enjoy it. Personally I think BR is boring as shit.

Also, I got to the last 2 - myself and one other player - and I had 66 health. Then I was dead. Absolutely no indication I'd be shot before I died. Standard for COD.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

I played a few games. It's just like any other Battle Royale game. But with a COD skin. 

If you like BR then you'll probably enjoy it. Personally I think BR is boring as shit.

I'm pretty sick of battle royale now and Blackout for me is just another game with this saturated mode appearing in. What's disappointing is that it offers nothing new and just like the base game of BO4, it rips ideas and functions out of other games whilst offering no real innovation itself. I also found Blackout to be quite dull to watch and the interface looks clunky and cumbersome.  

I wonder if this means we'll get a battle royale in every COD going forward now or if this is just a one year thing or if Blackout will be further developed despite clashing with newer COD's that may or may not have the mode included. I'll be glad when this craze is over.

If anybody wants a PS4 code I have a spare one

457J-J8N6-87N7

i has a quick game yesterday and got to the final 7 in my first game before getting railed. Asides from a few stuttering moments it seemed to cope quite well although the map was giving me BF2 flashbacks with riding a quad bike across the entire map before being attacked by some bush wookie

Couldnt find a weapon in the first 4 buildings I checked though which was quite frustrating. Trying to read things in the inventory was a bit difficult as well

APmVvKG.gif

If anybody wants a PS4 code I have a spare one

457J-J8N6-87N7

i has a quick game yesterday and got to the final 7 in my first game before getting railed. Asides from a few stuttering moments it seemed to cope quite well although the map was giving me BF2 flashbacks with riding a quad bike across the entire map before being attacked by some bush wookie

Couldnt find a weapon in the first 4 buildings I checked though which was quite frustrating. Trying to read things in the inventory was a bit difficult as well
Kiwi!! Stop going MIA will ya?! [emoji8]

I'm still hopeful that the design of maps and being a mainstream AAA title should help its longevity.

I'm glad its finally a 'part' of a game. Its a gamemode so I'd want to casually dip in and out of it so having the chance to switch standard cod modes will be a convenient option for us lazy folk.

How was hit detection for people so far?

Time to kill is ridiculous, unless you're getting shot yourself of course, then it's one bullet.

Agree with what's been said, it's just COD in a different game mode. I thought it might be better, with some tricks if it's own or some new original ideas. Foolish me.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

8 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I thought it might be better, with some tricks if it's own or some new original ideas. Foolish me.

Is there actually anything new and original or is Blackout just a ripoff of all the other BR games? 

Can't believe how cumbersome the menu is along with picking things up. People are saying it's best not to loot bodies and just move on. 

Is there actually anything new and original or is Blackout just a ripoff of all the other BR games? 

Can't believe how cumbersome the menu is along with picking things up. People are saying it's best not to loot bodies and just move on. 
Nothing new, plus considering there's a lot of running, you run quite slow.
The inventory system is likely to drive people up the wall, it's horrendous.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Kiwi!! Stop going MIA will ya?! emoji8.png

I'm still hopeful that the design of maps and being a mainstream AAA title should help its longevity.

I'm glad its finally a 'part' of a game. Its a gamemode so I'd want to casually dip in and out of it so having the chance to switch standard cod modes will be a convenient option for us lazy folk.

How was hit detection for people so far?

Haha sorry mate! Work and the now fiancé are keeping me extremely busy. 

Blackout does seem seem to be a lot of fun especially if you manage to get a squad together. 

Hit detection does seem to be pretty good from what I’ve seen. However it does seem to take a lot of bullets to take someone down so make sure to work on your accuracy. I also seemed to run out of bullets very quickly despite spending half my time picking up bullet packs.

The inventory system stem is a sack of shit at the moment and I think they know that. 

APmVvKG.gif

16 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Time to kill is ridiculous, unless you're getting shot yourself of course, then it's one bullet.

Agree with what's been said, it's just COD in a different game mode. I thought it might be better, with some tricks if it's own or some new original ideas. Foolish me.

It's just PUBG with a COD skin. There's absolutely nothing new or original in the game.

And I've suffered from the one bullet deaths as well. 

fart.gif