Free Weekend | Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

The3rdWalker

FREE WEEKEND Q&A

The free version of Rainbow Six Siege offers access to all of the maps, modes and Operators present in the full version, giving you the full Siege experience over the Free Weekend.

WHEN CAN I PLAY?
You can access the Free Weekend during the following times for each platform:

• PC: August 16th 17:00 UTC - August 19th 20:00 UTC.
  • XBOX ONE: August 16th 07:01 UTC - August 20th 06:59 UTC.
  • PLAYSTATION 4: August 16th 13:00 UTC - August 20th 13:00 UTC.

HOW CAN I ACCESS RAINBOW 6 FREE WEEKEND?

• PC: Go to your Uplay PC Launcher.
  • XBOX ONE: The Free Weekend will be available to both Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Live Silver users for the first time! To join in on your Xbox One, visit the Rainbow Six Siege product page on the Xbox Store.
  • PLAYSTATION 4: Join the Free Weekend on your PlayStation 4 by visiting the Rainbow Six Siege product page on the PlayStation Network.
    • PlayStation Plus membership is required to play online.

CAN I PRELOAD THE GAME?
Yes, preload is available for this Free Weekend only on PS4 & PC (UPLAY). You can preload the game starting August 14th. Xbox One and PC (STEAM) will be available at the start of the Free Weekend.

CAN I PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS DURING THE FREE WEEKEND?
Of course. You can play with anyone who already owns the game or is enjoying the Free Weekend like you are.

I REALLY LIKE THE GAME AND I WOULD LIKE TO BUY IT! ARE THERE ANY OFFERS AVAILABLE?
If you like the game and want to keep playing after the Free Weekend period is over, your progress will carry over to the full game if you purchase. 

Rainbow Six Siege is available at a discount for a limited time! 

• PC (UPLAY): August 16th - August 27th.
  • PC (STEAM): August 16th - August 20th.
  • XBOX ONE: August 16th - August 27th.
  • PLAYSTATION 4: August 14th - August 25th.

Please check your favorite store to see the available discount.

WILL MY PROGRESS FROM THE FREE WEEKEND CARRY ON IF I PURCHASE THE FULL GAME?
Absolutely. All of your progress and Operators will carry over if you decide to upgrade to the full game. 
Please note that if you purchase the Starter Edition on PC, your progression is not carried on.

WHAT CONTENT IS AVAILABLE?
The full game! The free version of Rainbow Six Siege offers access to all of the maps, modes, and Operators present in the full version, giving you the full Siege experience over the Free Weekend.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/free-weekend/index.aspx

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

We should get as many on this as we can that we've been talking to recently.

@Amnotright @LordBaguette @SyntaxMonstr @Horrible_Hector @Mikepjbell @Tadnothad @AdamF1007 initially spring to mind who haven't got it. Any of the newer FG folk got this too? Definitely worth a go if you haven't @Spacedeck @Narj @Downsy2000 @Scort

Anyone else please tag as many others you know haven't got it. Its a free weekend so nothing to lose.

If enough we can get some PS4 and PC nights on the weekend maybe? Rob @The3rdWalker, you about to support any game sessions this weekend?

17 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

No I'll be up in Duluth MN on a family weekend. 

Damn. No worries, we'll see if we can get some others about. May need your tips to answer some queries along the way. 🖒

14 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Might give this a whirl.  It isn't something I generally have wanted to play though.  Who here is downloading on PC or PS4?

I have it on both so wanted to see who gets what and they set up a couple of sessions to have a tryout.

It really is a good game to get into. I wouldn't let the initial steep learning curve put anyone off. We've had some great nights on it in the past. I'll def be on PS4 and if there's enough on PC I'll try and be around both but I'm more of a noob on my PC 😃

2 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

PC is more competitive so I’d recommend that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Spacedeck said:

Okay I guess that settles it.  Can we pre-load on the PC and if so, when does it go live?

That's only if you're uber competitive. I'd argue the PS4 lot here are slightly less competitive than the PC crowd. I enjoy both tbh, just depends on which mood you are in.

10 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

That's only if you're uber competitive. I'd argue the PS4 lot here are slightly less competitive than the PC crowd. I enjoy both tbh, just depends on which mood you are in.

I'm thinking more along the lines of how many people are willing to download the game and on which systems.  I have zero interest in being the best in the game, I'll try it out with some of you guys on whichever is getting most players.  Not sure I'd want to download on both though.

20 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Rib is uber everything :P, but we're not weak willed and we all have our own way of enjoying the game. Diduums with a grenade anyone?

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

41 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It's not if your uber competitive. It's easier to aim, more responsive and a better experience. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

41 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

It's not if your uber competitive. It's easier to aim, more responsive and a better experience. 

Then its that rather than more competitive then. I know you'll say its a direct result of better gameplay means better competitiveness but I just wanted to be honest in terms of the crowds that play it here. Its not a huge difference but there is one nonetheless.

Both are absolutely fine in my book but I didn't know what @Spacedeck's view was in terms of which one to pick.