What phone do you have?

Dan94

I listened to you guys and rang up 3 again to see what I could get. Didn't get the Samsung Note 9 but got Samsung 9 instead.

No upfront cost and only £33 for 30GB of data. Thats only £5 more than I was paying so I'm really happy.

Oh and 2 years instead of 3 👍😉

I listened to you guys and rang up 3 again to see what I could get. Didn't get the Samsung Note 9 but got Samsung 9 instead.

No upfront cost and only £33 for 30GB of data. Thats only £5 more than I was paying so I'm really happy.

Oh and 2 years instead of 3 [emoji106][emoji6]
That's a much better deal. Shame it's a Shitsung phone [emoji6]

Via the FG App

fart.gif

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Oh and 2 years instead of 3 👍😉

Nice one GG, sure you'll love it :D

Nice one GG, sure you'll love it [emoji3]
Cheers mate. It came yesterday so still getting used to it tbh. At least I can hopefully keep up to date now with everything a little easier! The clarity on the S9 looks amazing.

Did you get that deal by being an existing customer?  Thanks to Milo, I need a new phone too.
Yes mate. However, if you don't mind spending a small fee upfront you could probably get a decent deal on one. I was just never going to pay any more money than my Direct Debit.

So I got quotes for a new screen for my S7.  Some one man bands were quoting £250.  Thought I'd just check with Samsung before I got it repaired.  They have a capped fee of £199 for a screen, and would throw in a new battery, result.  Went to the Trafford centre, booked it in and went looking at some shops whilst it was being done.

Absolutely chuffed with the result.  I think they effectively transferred my system board into a new phone.  I have new battery, new screen, new metal bezel, and the charge port is much tighter now on USB cables ( it was getting a bit weak).  It was effectively a new phone.  So happy with the result I may keep it and get the wife a new phone instead of me changing. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

On 5/28/2020 at 3:20 PM, Dan94 said:

Bumping an old thread here I know, but has anyone seen the new Sony Xperia 1 II?

This thing looks insane camera wise!

It looks like a great phone but at £1099 I think I'll passs 😲

I'm currently using a Pixel 4 XL. It's a great phone.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

It looks like a great phone but at £1099 I think I'll passs 😲

I don't think there's much difference in the last few years phones wise to significantly pay a large amount on a phone. Samsung 7, 8, 9, etc all look and feel the same. As does Apple's latest phones. Camera's are all good and all but ones with the larger memory i think will be needed for all the applications that people download.

It looks like a great phone but at £1099 I think I'll passs [emoji44]

I've always wanted a Google phone but whenever the time comes around, all the reviews point to Samsung, One Plus etc all being better in terms of camera and also battery life. They're the two biggest things for me really.

My phone contract ends in August but I'll probably just stick with my current Samsung 9+ as it still works fine and just get a SIM only plan. Do like the look of the OnePlus 8 Pro though.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

On 6/6/2020 at 3:09 PM, Dan94 said:

I've always wanted a Google phone but whenever the time comes around, all the reviews point to Samsung, One Plus etc all being better in terms of camera and also battery life. They're the two biggest things for me really.

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk

No idea what reviews you've read but the Pixel phones have what is considered to be one of the best camera on any smartphone. Certainly much better than Samsung or Oneplus. I had a Oneplus 7 Pro before the Pixel 4 and the camera is a lot better on the Pixel. Battery life isn't as good but it gets me through a day easily so that will do me.

fart.gif

I got a Samsung Galaxy S10+ 512GB . Been a Samsung/Android fan ever since the first Galaxy came out. Now I'm getting a new phone every 2 years after my previous contract runs out. So I skip basically one generation always, which I find is perfect, because from one gen to another there ain't much difference but 2 gen's apart you can see the improvements clearly.

But idk what is there to top now? I mean I got a big UHD screen, superb hdr and 4k video watching quality, a lot of disk space, enough RAM, can play good graphics games on it (even thought I don't play mobile games).. Great Camera etc... Really the only thing to improve smart phones these days would be to integrate them into your body lol

I went to the shop to query some texts I was getting, no reason to upgrade my s8 I've had since launch but walked out with an S10 lite so far the only thing I miss is the wireless charging. It's got a bigger screen than S10+ a bigger battery ( I'm truly staggered by how long a charge lasts) and decent internals. So happy with it so far.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:58 AM, AtomicGhost said:

Xiaomi

Never heard of these phones. They look like Honor ones that my wife gets from 3. I know they're pretty smart and way more affordable than most other android phones.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:50 AM, Godspeed said:

I got a Samsung Galaxy S10+ 512GB . Been a Samsung/Android fan ever since the first Galaxy came out. Now I'm getting a new phone every 2 years after my previous contract runs out. So I skip basically one generation always, which I find is perfect, because from one gen to another there ain't much difference but 2 gen's apart you can see the improvements clearly.

But idk what is there to top now? I mean I got a big UHD screen, superb hdr and 4k video watching quality, a lot of disk space, enough RAM, can play good graphics games on it (even thought I don't play mobile games).. Great Camera etc... Really the only thing to improve smart phones these days would be to integrate them into your body lol

Lol, yeah I know what you mean about size for all those games. The phone has kind of become the camera of this age. I don't know many that own a camera, unless its a proper professional one like @Greboth has.

9 hours ago, techno said:

I went to the shop to query some texts I was getting, no reason to upgrade my s8 I've had since launch but walked out with an S10 lite so far the only thing I miss is the wireless charging. It's got a bigger screen than S10+ a bigger battery ( I'm truly staggered by how long a charge lasts) and decent internals. So happy with it so far.

Mad how battery life has become a key factor in phones now. Strange your newer version doesn't have wireless charging though?

Now I'm on SIM only and had my Samsung S9+ for 3 years, I'm really tempted by the new Samsung S20 Fan Edition. It's practically the same as the S20, just has slightly less zoom (which is still great anyway), a plastic back instead of glass (put a case on anyway so?) but a bigger and better battery - all for £599/£699 instead of your £999/1099. Seems like a no brainer to me 🤷‍♂️

On 10/31/2020 at 9:24 AM, Dan94 said:

Now I'm on SIM only and had my Samsung S9+ for 3 years, I'm really tempted by the new Samsung S20 Fan Edition. It's practically the same as the S20, just has slightly less zoom (which is still great anyway), a plastic back instead of glass (put a case on anyway so?) but a bigger and better battery - all for £599/£699 instead of your £999/1099. Seems like a no brainer to me 🤷‍♂️

This is actually fantastic. Great find @Dan94 . I've just checked as i've still not upgraded yet from my S9 and its only £6 more with nothing upfront if I take myself down from unlimited data to 30GB again which should be relatively easy to stay under.

On 10/31/2020 at 9:24 AM, Dan94 said:

Same reasons I picked the S10 lite better screen battery life camera( never really a big thing tbh) but cheaper made only thing I miss is plastic back no wireless charging

On 11/5/2020 at 12:58 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

This is actually fantastic. Great find @Dan94 . I've just checked as i've still not upgraded yet from my S9 and its only £6 more with nothing upfront if I take myself down from unlimited data to 30GB again which should be relatively easy to stay under.

Not sure if anyone watches Marquez Brownlee, but he just uploaded his annual 'Smartphone of the Year' awards. Interesting watch for anyone looking to upgrade soon.

On 12/24/2020 at 2:52 PM, Dan94 said:

Not sure if anyone watches Marquez Brownlee, but he just uploaded his annual 'Smartphone of the Year' awards. Interesting watch for anyone looking to upgrade soon.

Will have to take a look at this when I can, thanks @Dan94 . I still haven't upgraded from my Samsung S9. I should've by now but every phone is an extra tenner a month, which I just think isn't worth it when my phone still works really well.

Anyone got one the bigger phones with a stylus? I'm trying to work out if its a good idea to look into one of them but don't know many advantages to the ones with that.