Xbone X

Sennex

Thoughts on this after a few days.

(I wont' go into game library comparisons)

Being able to play all my old digital 360 games is pretty amazing to be honest.

The menu system is absolutely horrible. OMG it is bad. I am pretty sure they had blind people test it using braille enabled controllers.

I actually had to ask my nephew how to turn the damned thing off. It is all so counter-intuitive.

Graphic's and sound are actually amazing, but its hard getting passed the horrible menu system.

The controller is good, it feels nice in Destiny 2, really quick and responsive. My KD actually was better in the crucible. This might be because most good players are on PS4. If so, I should be wrecking shop here soon.

The Xbox Game pass subscription service is also pretty nice for 10$, the game selection was better than the PS4 version of it.

Using it as a media center is also better, sort of.... Once again the menu system is absolute shit. Their appeared to be more streaming services on it than what the PS4 had, I need to look into this more.

Conclusion:

The system is actually really good, if you can ignore the UI.

The UI is so terrible that is obvious to me why PS4 is dominating right now purely based on user experience.

If Microsoft were to address the shit menu system, I could see the Xbone X being a better system to be honest.

I have read a lot of horror stories about hardware issues, so I will have to see how this treats me over the next few months.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I don't get how they had it so perfect on the 360 especially Xbox Live only to fuck it up on the Xbox One.  The ludicrous thing is that the features it offers is no different to what the 360 had but just like Windows 10; instead of having a cleaner, condensed and more user-friendly interface; they've made it needlessly complicated and added so much additional fluff it's unbelievable. 

Seems technology companies want to use multi-layered menus and make them as unintuitive as possible to give them impression that they are deep and riddled with material.  XB1 controller is definitely way ahead of the DS4 in every respect. 

I can't argue with anything you said. I will add to it though

It feels to me like they took the 360 UI and just ramped it up to 11. I need to break out my 360 and see how true that statement is.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Nail on the head there Bart. Always believed in Xbox. Was so happy when I got my Xbox One.

And then the UI happened. End of my xbox days. I Don't go back very often. The only thing that would now is FGers being on it and if they got the exclusives back from Sony.