Spyro Reignited Trilogy

Holy moly, why? I love Spyro and will be buying this on release, hopefully.  This news though is just stupid, how can they not fit everything on one disc? How big is the first game?  If Crash can do, I don't see why Spyro can't.

To include a day one patch of TWO full games could be pretty huge in itself.  I really wanted to buy this as a physical but now I think I might as well just go for digital and get the extras from PSN...

22 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Only comes with one game on the disc and the rest has to be downloaded https://www.vg247.com/2018/08/02/spyro-reignited-trilogy-only-one-game-on-disc/

What's the point? May as well put the boot in and make it online only. 

22 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

Holy moly, why? I love Spyro and will be buying this on release, hopefully.  This news though is just stupid, how can they not fit everything on one disc? How big is the first game?  If Crash can do, I don't see why Spyro can't.

To include a day one patch of TWO full games could be pretty huge in itself.  I really wanted to buy this as a physical but now I think I might as well just go for digital and get the extras from PSN...

Just reads as it just wasn't ready for the disc to be shipped. Proper fail by the planning team.

Guaranteed in a few months we'll get a 'Complete Special Edition' that offers all 3 games for 5.99 extra 😃

Back to the game though, its good to see old classics remastered. If they actually went back and spent some time doing some extra levels, people would horde shops to buy new Spyro and Crash games.

I noticed they didn't give us a Special or Collectors Edition.  They could have gone down a treat if they gave away some decent replicas.  Instead they decide to release a poor effort for a SE that is only available in Australia.  I do like steelbook cases though :(.

OqF5I8il.jpg

2 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

it may need an update the latest news is that everything is on one disc but needs an update before you can play others but no confirmation 

Do you have a source for this?  I can't seem to find any more news other than some half baked response from Activision.

35 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

Do you have a source for this?  I can't seem to find any more news other than some half baked response from Activision.

It was a video by a youtuber Jordan Fringe but it unconfirmed so I’m not sure of the accuracy 

Games 2 and 3 require a download no matter what. Whether that will be the full games or some 'update' as Activision call it is pretty irrelevant with that. Really don't know what Activision's excuse is but they've swerved all pressing questions on this. It's amazing that games like Crash Bandicoot and Uncharted can cram their respective games on no problem - my guess is they wanted the game boxed and shipped without it actually being finished. 

Spyro-Reignited-Trilogy-download.png

22 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

It’s official Spyro has been delayed until November 13 2018 I’m ok with this is anyone else?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/spyro-reignited-trilogy-delayed-for-ps4-and-xbox-o/1100-6461228/

Only if this is corrected to put the games on one disc.  I knew this was going to happen due to the out pour.  I'd rather have a finished product if I get this physical.

I am a little gutted though as the initial release date was on my birthday 😞.

8 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

Thinking about doing a walkthrough of this (all 3 games) to see if I can still complete it

Sounds good mate. Probably us on recording just the hard bits or boss parts as thats where most could get stuck 🖒

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sounds good mate. Probably us on recording just the hard bits or boss parts as thats where most could get stuck 🖒

That’s the problem Spyro isn’t that hard so there is not hard bits to really focus on

On 8/27/2018 at 3:52 PM, VGon_BGon48 said:

That’s the problem Spyro isn’t that hard so there is not hard bits to really focus on

The PlayStation Trophiea could be a good thing to focus on?

Was able to play the first 2 worlds of Spyro 1 but so far it is beautiful and it’s a wonderful nostalgic trip and Spyro and the gang look so good with the update I plan to play more and will give my 2 cents about the remaster as a whole when I complete them

Really thinking about the bundle I think is available for Crash and Spyro. How easier to play is it with the controls because it would be good to justify that the kids can play them as well me! [emoji23]