Newbie Alert

Spacedeck

Alright!  So I initially heard about you guys via Diddums posts about GTA over on OverclockersUK.  Not actually joined any game nights but am currently reinstalling GTA to give them a go!  You'll have to forgive me though if I don't use my mic as I tend to be a little shy 😶.

Primarily I'm a PC gamer but still play my PS4, PS3 and VITA that I play and a 360 boxed away.  I buy more games than I can play, on Steam obviously because they are so cheap 😂.  Don't usually venture into MP games as such anymore but think it would a good thing if I do, could actually help me.

Play a variety of games but just to name some; Virtua Tennis 4 on VITA to Everybody's Golf on PS4 and even The Golf Club 2 on Steam.  I love Monster Hunter World also!  Can't wait for the release of Spyro later this year.

Bit of a boring part of the post; I do cross stitching as a hobby, a long with running and photography (still a complete noob).  If I join on a game night, I may end up cutting it short as I have a 2 year old always demanding things.

So hey!  Oh yeah and my PSN and Steam is Spacedeck, so feel free to add me!

Welcome! Our GTA nights can get a bit boisterous especially when @Amnotright and myself have had a few (many) alcohols but always fun and always harmless. We take the piss out of each other all night long but it's all in good nature. Hop in on Friday, see what the mood is like and go from there. If you prefer to keep your mic off that's perfectly fine, but know that nothing you say can offend anyone, we're all adults here. 

If you find your shyness is getting to you then honestly you've come to the right place. Playing with regulars will definitely help and if you start getting comfy you'll find it gets easier and easier. We've had loads of shy folks join and nowadays we can't shut them up, all good folks. 

Have a browse around, I'm sure many more wl be along shortly to say hi and I'm pretty sure I can hear @GazzaGarratt slamming his face in to his keyboard until a post is formed.

Anyway, welcome to the club, see you online soon :)

banlol.png

*face submerges from phone (not keyboard rn*

Hey Space! Glad you came to say hi! Great intro too bud.

My name is Lee and I'm usually on PS4 but trying to work my routine so it allows for PC nights too - Destiny 2 resurgence though is getting in the way atm! You should get it!?

Love Everybody's Golf! Miss the crazy golf putting courses though. GTA nights are a blast. As Didds says, we just have a good bantering time, lots of fun with a few drinks along the way. Remember though, only rule is @Diddums can't win :D

Anyways, we can call you Space if you like? Unless you have a real name you'd prefer? (unless its Chris or Dave, we have too many of them ;)) its a unique place that you'll see we get to know each other more as time goes by.

Enjoy your stay with FG buddy!

@GazzaGarratt I really don't think I'll jump into Destiny again.  Bought Destiny 1 CE and the box was damaged like they all was 🤨.  I lend / borrow games from hairdresser, he currently has EG but I miss the game.  Getting Plat wasn't all that bad also, I was the first person to discover what was required for one of the trophies.  Soon as I told people, the game was being platted the next day. 

@Diddums isn't allowed to win? 😂 will have to see what we can do about that .

I don't mind what you call me, my real name is.... Harold 😟.  I'm not old though! only 27!  It worked out weirdly for me when I was born, in a unique sort of way.  Named after my dad but was actually born on my mums birthday! What a combo!

Welcome to FG Space! Don’t trust these guys when they say GTA fridays are a blast, it’s a clusterfuck of crashing, cursing and raging. (The only people laughing are the ones who make you rage.)

In all seriousness though, it’s pretty fun if you don’t mind your bloodpressure rising above healthy levels. Enjoy your stay here man!

17 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@GazzaGarratt I really don't think I'll jump into Destiny again.  Bought Destiny 1 CE and the box was damaged like they all was 🤨.  I lend / borrow games from hairdresser, he currently has EG but I miss the game.  Getting Plat wasn't all that bad also, I was the first person to discover what was required for one of the trophies.  Soon as I told people, the game was being platted the next day. 

@Diddums isn't allowed to win? 😂 will have to see what we can do about that .

I don't mind what you call me, my real name is.... Harold 😟.  I'm not old though! only 27!  It worked out weirdly for me when I was born, in a unique sort of way.  Named after my dad but was actually born on my mums birthday! What a combo!

Shame you couldn't on with Destiny but we have a good group of people, in the UK and around the world that are a great help to play the game with. Destiny 2 is starting to get better now which is good news.

That must mean your special Harold based on the chance of those things happening, so you'll fit in like a glove!

Hey welcome to the forum from one shy person to another 😉

Gaming is fun gaming with these idiots is a riot tbh and there more than enough gobshites to keep the laughs going  no matter what we play. 😂

Welcome to FG, it is good to see another OCUK’er join the fold.  Don’t worry about being shy, the amount shit some people on here chat you’ll barely get a word in even if you want to :lol: Though most of the chat is related to taking the piss out of each other, moaning about something or other or telling to @Amnotright to stop telling his terrible jokes.  Tactics and strategy are something other people do :lol: 

On the subject of photography, what camera do you have? Any particular things you like to photograph?  It would be cool to see some of your photo’s.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

7 hours ago, Greboth said:

On the subject of photography, what camera do you have? Any particular things you like to photograph?  It would be cool to see some of your photo’s.

I honestly haven't done any photography to a standard I'm happy with yet.  We have a reservoir about an hours walk away from here, so I keep meaning to wake up early enough to get up there for the sunrise.  Loads of fields and stuff too, so should atleast find something to photograph.   I get some great shots of my daughter but I feel that it's the camera doing the work on them.  I just joined Abobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan so I can jump on Lightroom and learn about editing my images.

The only images I have uploaded to Flickr was very early on when I got my camera (https://www.flickr.com/photos/139888824@N06/).  This also was before I really wanted to learn to edit the images.  Both taken along the local canal.  If I can learn to edit some of the better pictures of my daughter, I might start uploading them.

Subject wise, I like scenery and wildlife, I am interested in other things like racing or airshows but I haven't done any of that yet.  I need to get out more for opportunities to take photos but I just don't do it 🤨.  Due to my lack of confidence mostly, I planned on going to my local ParkRun to take photographs but again, I haven't had the guts to do so. 

I have a D3300 with the stock 18-55mm lens, also have 35mm lens and a longer 55-300mm which I like to use for wildlife .

2 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

I honestly haven't done any photography to a standard I'm happy with yet.  We have a reservoir about an hours walk away from here, so I keep meaning to wake up early enough to get up there for the sunrise.  Loads of fields and stuff too, so should atleast find something to photograph.   I get some great shots of my daughter but I feel that it's the camera doing the work on them.  I just joined Abobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan so I can jump on Lightroom and learn about editing my images.

The only images I have uploaded to Flickr was very early on when I got my camera (https://www.flickr.com/photos/139888824@N06/).  This also was before I really wanted to learn to edit the images.  Both taken along the local canal.  If I can learn to edit some of the better pictures of my daughter, I might start uploading them.

Subject wise, I like scenery and wildlife, I am interested in other things like racing or airshows but I haven't done any of that yet.  I need to get out more for opportunities to take photos but I just don't do it 🤨.  Due to my lack of confidence mostly, I planned on going to my local ParkRun to take photographs but again, I haven't had the guts to do so. 

I have a D3300 with the stock 18-55mm lens, also have 35mm lens and a longer 55-300mm which I like to use for wildlife .

That is a nice entry level camera and a nice selection of lenses :) You should be able to get some nice pictures with it.  It is cliche to say but it really is a case of going out and taking pictures and finding what you like.  I went on holiday earlier this year and took about 400 photos but there is only (I think) 16 that I was happy to post.

I keep meaning to create a photography thread on here and it would be good to see some of your when you feel confident enough :)

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I went on holiday earlier this year and took about 400 photos but there is only (I think) 16 that I was happy to post.

I keep meaning to create a photography thread on here and it would be good to see some of your when you feel confident enough [emoji4]

I guess with photos there's a certain perfectionism that comes with it.

And do the thread! Be good to see what you've done so far.

I went on holiday earlier this year and took about 400 photos but there is only (I think) 16 that I was happy to post.

I keep meaning to create a photography thread on here and it would be good to see some of your when you feel confident enough [emoji4]

I guess with photos there's a certain perfectionism that comes with it.

And do the thread! Be good to see what you've done so far.