Solstice of Heroes

GazzaGarratt

Solstice of Heroes starts tomorrow.

Q: When does Solstice of Heroes launch? 
A: While players are encouraged to begin making progress toward their Moments of Triumphs beginning on July 7, 2018, the Solstice of Heroes in-game event launches on July 31, 2018.

Q: When does the Solstice of Heroes in-game event end? 
A: The Solstice of Heroes in-game event ends at the weekly reset on August 28, 2018. 

Q: What are Moments of Triumph? 
A: Moments of Triumph, or "Triumphs", celebrate the achievements of players through the first year of Destiny 2. Some are available to complete starting on July 7, 2018, and players may continue to complete the rest through Solstice of Heroes. 

Q: What do I need to own in order to participate in Solstice of Heroes and Moments of Triumph? 
A: All players must own a full copy of Destiny 2, however some Triumphs and activities require players to have Curse of Osiris and/or Warmind. For purchase options for Destiny 2, players should visit: destinythegame.com/buy 

Q: Where can I see my Triumph progress on Bungie.net? 
A: Players can see their Moments of Triumph progress by visiting their Bungie.net profile. For information on creating a Bungie.net profile, players should see our profile creation help article. 

Q: Can progress toward my Triumphs be lost in any way? 
A: Yes, players can lose progress toward Triumphs by deleting characters that Triumphs were earned on. For the best experience, it is recommended that players do not delete any characters until all desired rewards have been redeemed, and Solstice of Heroes concludes on August 28, 2018. 

Q: Why am I not getting any points for my completed Triumphs? 
A: Until Solstice of Heroes goes live in-game on July 31, 2018, players cannot redeem their Triumphs for points. Once this event goes live, players may redeem their completed Triumphs for points and rewards in Destiny 2. 

Q: Where can I see the Solstice of Heroes Moments of Triumph T-Shirt? 
A: Solstice of Heroes: Moments of Triumph T-Shirt product page 

Q: When is the Solstice of Heroes Moments of Triumph T-Shirt available? 
A: The Solstice of Heroes Moments of Triumph T-Shirt is available July 31, 2018 10:00AM PDT through September 30, 2018 at 11:59PM PDT. 

Q: How are Adventures and Region Chests tracked, for the “Adventurous” and “Treasure Hunter” Triumphs? 
A: For Moments of Triumph, Adventures and Region Chests are tracked by the character who has completed the most of them, and are not tracked account-wide. Players who encounter issues making progress toward these Triumphs should make sure they are playing on their character which has made the most progress toward these Triumphs. 

Q: How come my Latent Memories on Bungie.net do not match ones that are tracked by third-party websites? 
A: Third-party websites which track Latent Memories may label them in an order that does not match the official order listed on Bungie.net. Players are encouraged to use discretion when relying on third-party websites for tracking Latent Memories in Destiny 2.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Houndish sums up the event pretty well imo.

Essentially we all have the chance to obtain 400 Power Armour through multiple challenges and missions that have been modified for replayability.

You earn a set of armour that we had at the very start and we do more challenges, missions and objectives to upgrade the armour a few times to eventually get 400 gear - the good news is its not different sets to keep. As you get the better gear, the previous gear becomes an ornament. You can also Masterwork the armour through the same method and Chroma will be available to make the gear looking swell.

24 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

So this should become a priority to do over the next few weeks I’m guessing 

All depends on what people want. I want to do the Moments of Triumph and also get the exclusive armour for my Titan at least. Its 400 Power so its a head start for Forsaken and tbh with the Chroma its probably one of the best looking armour sets we've had.

That being said I'm sure people want to do raids too. They haven't bottomed out what is happening to the raid Power Level yet so it is better to try and attempt the current raids as they are before any changes arise. I think they are good whilst challenging to complete with inexperienced people and that's why they've been so much fun over the past week.

I hope the missions are fun to do. I'm sure they'll have an easter egg or two as well - I know theres a mini quest being released that gets you to find Cayde's Spicy Ramen 😂

What's everyone elses plans with Solstice of Heroes?

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What's everyone elses plans with Solstice of Heroes?

Going to give them a go prioritising my main hunter character, the only draw back being Ithink you have to do the Prestige Nightfall to get the legendary set. I’ll see how it goes.

I’ve watched the video but can’t remember...what is the amour value at green and blue stages?

Edit: Scorched (green) 240 Rekindled (blue) 340....wow! That’ll make a dent in your current light levels!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Going to give them a go prioritising my main hunter character, the only draw back being Ithink you have to do the Prestige Nightfall to get the legendary set. I’ll see how it goes.

I’ve watched the video but can’t remember...what is the amour value at green and blue stages?

Edit: Scorched (green) 240 Rekindled (blue) 340....wow! That’ll make a dent in your current light levels!

Ahh, I'm sure they'll be enough around to try Prestige Nightfall Dave!

Scorched armour starts at 200.

First impressions is the idea of the objectives on the armour are really good. Bit confusing to start with but if read carefully there are multiple activities to do for each objectives, even on the same piece of gear. I'd go for that type of objective based progression.

I'm aiming to get the legendary set on all three characters and max my Triumphs score. If I still have time after that I'll go for masterworking the armor, but those seem like some tough goals to complete.

Honestly thinking of doing my Hunter, purely down to how awesome that armour looks.

I'm hearing there's some more hidden and timed quests too which is promising.

How are people getting on with their armour and challenges?

I'm still on Green armour and just need Crucible stuff and the meditation. @L_C_Scipio just shared about Mayhem being next week so good news for you folk who don't like PvP for your superkills.

Hope I can get my blue armour before next week but we've just still got plenty of time.

Ive only just started since getting back from holiday so only in green armour and only started my Titan. Normally I would be looking to do all three but lack of time means I’ll probably just do one. Also trying to pick up moments of triumph along the way (got latent memories done today) and need WotW as well. So much to do , so little time!

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

How are people getting on with their armour and challenges?

I'm still on Green armour and just need Crucible stuff and the meditation. @L_C_Scipio just shared about Mayhem being next week so good news for you folk who don't like PvP for your superkills.

Hope I can get my blue armour before next week but we've just still got plenty of time.

Still need two more missions on the green set. Hope to finish it Monday 

4 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Ive only just started since getting back from holiday so only in green armour and only started my Titan. Normally I would be looking to do all three but lack of time means I’ll probably just do one. Also trying to pick up moments of triumph along the way (got latent memories done today) and need WotW as well. So much to do , so little time!

Have you seen WotW support times I've put on the Calendar? Happy to help out if you're on as that's what it's there for!

1 hour ago, L_C_Scipio said:

If you haven't played the "Spark" redux mission I highly recommend it. The boss fight 😄😄😄

1 million percent yes! Initial balance between making them "moments" out of the longer story missions with added difficulty elements has worked really well imo.

They should expand on this for quests when to get new weapons, armour, etc

Also, due to the different orbs to collect, it forces you to expand your playstyle and try and use the same elelmental style gun. Yeah, you could keep changing the elemental damage but 1. theres no fun in that all the time and 2. when Forsaken comes I'm not sure you'll be able to do that any longer. I didn't think of this at first but its enjoyable that we have something reasonably easy to understand that helps you change weapons. More of that please.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Have you seen WotW support times I've put on the Calendar? Happy to help out if you're on as that's what it's there for!

1 million percent yes! Initial balance between making them "moments" out of the longer story missions with added difficulty elements has worked really well imo.

They should expand on this for quests when to get new weapons, armour, etc

Also, due to the different orbs to collect, it forces you to expand your playstyle and try and use the same elelmental style gun. Yeah, you could keep changing the elemental damage but 1. theres no fun in that all the time and 2. when Forsaken comes I'm not sure you'll be able to do that any longer. I didn't think of this at first but its enjoyable that we have something reasonably easy to understand that helps you change weapons. More of that please.

I work all weekend and doubt anyone will be on Monday morning to do it. I’m off next weekend so hopefully can do it then. 

4 minutes ago, techno said:

Can the redux missions be done solo? If not if people are on to do them over the weekend I'd appreciate the help as I've only just picked up the green armour today 

They canbut a couple are pretty tough 

1 hour ago, techno said:

Can the redux missions be done solo? If not if people are on to do them over the weekend I'd appreciate the help as I've only just picked up the green armour today 

I'll should be on quite a bit this weekend, lemme know when you're on :)

banlol.png

25 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

A couple? I wiped 6 times in the core on the first mission. Haven't tried again after that. 

Guess they meant them to be team oriented? 

Thought I'd try and it seems you have to start mission with full armour set  then you can change it out and leave piece on for that particular mission and it counts. The only thing it won't do is create orb's.

1 hour ago, techno said:

Thought I'd try and it seems you have to start mission with full armour set  then you can change it out and leave piece on for that particular mission and it counts. The only thing it won't do is create orb's.

I started it with my normal armor. Thought I'd get an armor when completing the mission? If I read your post correctly. 

1 hour ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I started it with my normal armor. Thought I'd get an armor when completing the mission? If I read your post correctly. 

It says to start with full solstice armour then when I loaded in I changed to my regular higher light stuff except for the piece with the homecoming mission and did it that way.

2 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

49 minutes ago, techno said:

It says to start with full solstice armour then when I loaded in I changed to my regular higher light stuff except for the piece with the homecoming mission and did it that way.

Very first mission you do with your own armour. Then it gives you the Green armour to put on.

Stick all the armour on to create orbs. Other than that, you can wear just the armour piece that you need to do said challenges.

I personally have just left it all on whilst doing stuff. Make sure you match up Subclass, Energy and Power weapons to the elemental orbs you need too.