Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
News Ticker
  • Welcome to FG!
  • How much did Santa pay for his sleigh? Nothing. It was on the house!
GazzaGarratt

Current Status of Fortnite

Recommended Posts

Admin

Just trying to gauge how Fortnite is fairing currently. Not seen much news of late but have seen a few people pick it back up again.

 

Has much changed in the past month or two? What's the new meta these days?

 

I used to post the challenges up but if people are still doing them it would be good for others to add to the Weekly Challenges thread instead of me. You'll know more than me about them I'm sure!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking in money barrel. Their first big Esport event was a total flop. Still the premier BR game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin

It's still an awesome game, great fun but skill is maybe 30% of the factor in firefights, the other 70% is hit detection, lag, etc. This game is extremely sensitive to internet foibles. I bought the season pass and it changes the game completely, much more stuff to do, it's definitely worth it even if only for a month. Builders are fucking irritating, you get the drop on someone and 3 seconds later you're looking at an entire shopping centre, it does my head in.  

 

I really like that they keep changing and adding stuff, there are now golf carts, shopping trolleys, apples on the ground which give you 5% health, mushrooms which give you 5% armour, new weapons, the map changes every few weeks, etc. It's definitely one of the better maintained games out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's great that they keep changing things but I can't help but think that I preferred it when the game was more simple. Also all the kids playing it have become way too difficult to kill with all that crazy building.

 

I'm just shit at it thats what's happening here. Fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sennex said:

It still sucks

The security for their accounts is still crap.

Epic don't have time for things like account security - they are too busy devoting all their resources to developing Fornite and milking as much money as they can while the game is popular. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New meta are the suppressed smg’s that have a higher fire rate than the old ones. Or the tommy guns. Building has become a must in 99% of fights. Which can be annoying but just shoot it down or blow it up... Golfcarts are great as an entire squad fits in one and you can easily outrun the storm in one. I still love playing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Admin
Author of the topic Posted
On 8/1/2018 at 8:50 AM, ChaosGladiator said:

New meta are the suppressed smg’s that have a higher fire rate than the old ones. Or the tommy guns. Building has become a must in 99% of fights. Which can be annoying but just shoot it down or blow it up... Golfcarts are great as an entire squad fits in one and you can easily outrun the storm in one. I still love playing the game.

Not a surprise you still love it dude 😃

 

I must admit taking a break from it has made me feel like I can play it again. It got extremely repetitive very quickly for me with not enough variation due to the one map being available.

 

With the regular changes they've made I'm more inclined to hop in for a game or too - going to also play the PvE mode to get enough vBucks for one season pass to try it out.

 

Have to now eat my words as I remember @phil bottle tell me its a building game and i disagreed. But one game back into it and I can absolutely see where you're coming from. Building as a defence saves you a ton - and is annoying as hell to come up against it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy