News Ticker
  • Welcome to Forever Gaming
  • Check out the Calendar for more FG catch ups
  • New Quest steps in Destiny section
Sign in to follow this  
GazzaGarratt

2018/2019 Football Predictions

Thought it would be good to capture our predictions for the 2018/2019 Season here. We could look back at the end  as well to see whos got it right.

I'm out of touch somewhat with the Premiership lately but I think seeing a little bit last year makes me feel like Man Utd have a cracking shot this year. They're improving year on year under Mourinho and he has got some trophies in him still so they get my vote. Tottenham is my outside bet - Poch I think needs to win something this year, more because I don't want to see him sacked or gone to another big club.

Championship wise - well, I'll settle for a good mid-season finish for Blackburn, playoffs would be ace. I fancy Villa to push strong for the title IF they get Thierry Henry as their boss.

Let's hear yours.

Premier League

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Wolves

18. Bournemouth

19. Cardiff

20. Huddersfield

Championship

1. Stoke City

2. West Brom

p/o Norwich

22. Bolton

23. QPR

24. Rotherham

League 1

1. Sunderland

2. Charlton

p/o Peterborough

21. Walsall

22. AFC Wimbledon

23. Wycombe Wanderers 

24. Accrington Stanley

League 2

1. MK Dons

2. Notts County

3. Bury

23. Macclesfield

24. Morecambe

Don’t follow the lower leagues, so just gonna throw my predictions for the PL out there.

1 City, the gap they won by last season was huge and I doubt anyone will close that gap this season.

2. Liverpool, Klopp has improved this squad by a lot this summer bringing in exactly what they have been lacking and I feel like they will be City’s only real competition.

3. Arsenal, with a new coach and new players in I think they can do really well this year, although it all depends on the new signings hitting the ground running and on Emery showing that tactical genius that’s won him so many Europaleague titles. They can end anywhere from 3rd to 5th though...

4. United, They still lack that last bit that will make them real title contenders, but they aren’t far off. Get Lukaku, Sanchez and Pogba to work well together and maybe they might win it, but for now I’ve put them in 4th as the defence is pretty shit with only Valencia and Bailley being up to the standards of what is expected of a ManU defence. They also need someone on the rightwing other than Lingard or Mata. Too inconsistant in Lingard and too slow in Mata. Shell out the cash for a proper RW mr Woodward! 

Honestly if Spurs bring in any players at all to strengthen the squad they could easily get into the top 4 as well. As for Chelsea, that club is chaos right now and if they lose Courtois and Hazard they are doomed. A midfield with Kante and Jorginho is fucking solid though and they can easily challenge for the top 4 as well if Sarri can get them to play the way he got Napoli to play. Fucking great attacking football that challenged Juve over several seasons.

On 7/29/2018 at 9:46 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Premier League

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Wolves

18. Bournemouth

19. Cardiff

20. Huddersfield

Championship

1. Stoke City

2. West Brom

p/o Norwich

22. Bolton

23. QPR

24. Rotherham

League 1

1. Sunderland

2. Charlton

p/o Peterborough

21. Walsall

22. AFC Wimbledon

23. Wycombe Wanderers 

24. Accrington Stanley

League 2

1. MK Dons

2. Notts County

3. Bury

23. Macclesfield

24. Morecambe

Interesting, Wolves in 4th.  Well I guess it's very possible.  There is a great chemistry between their attacking players.

5 hours ago, SPFreely said:

Interesting, Wolves in 4th.  Well I guess it's very possible.  There is a great chemistry between their attacking players.

I did have Spurs originally but I put Wolves more as a joke instead but it could happen and they've made quite a positive start. Some of the players they have on their books is very impressive and if they bolstered a couple of other positions in January; they'll easily have a better side than Man Utd😎