2018/2019 Football Predictions

GazzaGarratt

Thought it would be good to capture our predictions for the 2018/2019 Season here. We could look back at the end  as well to see whos got it right.

I'm out of touch somewhat with the Premiership lately but I think seeing a little bit last year makes me feel like Man Utd have a cracking shot this year. They're improving year on year under Mourinho and he has got some trophies in him still so they get my vote. Tottenham is my outside bet - Poch I think needs to win something this year, more because I don't want to see him sacked or gone to another big club.

Championship wise - well, I'll settle for a good mid-season finish for Blackburn, playoffs would be ace. I fancy Villa to push strong for the title IF they get Thierry Henry as their boss.

Let's hear yours.

Premier League

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Wolves

18. Bournemouth

19. Cardiff

20. Huddersfield

Championship

1. Stoke City

2. West Brom

p/o Norwich

22. Bolton

23. QPR

24. Rotherham

League 1

1. Sunderland

2. Charlton

p/o Peterborough

21. Walsall

22. AFC Wimbledon

23. Wycombe Wanderers 

24. Accrington Stanley

League 2

1. MK Dons

2. Notts County

3. Bury

23. Macclesfield

24. Morecambe

50 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Premier

Championship

1. Stoke City

2. West Brom

p/o Norwich

22. Bolton

23. QPR

24. Rotherham

Oh well, at least the Town are safe for another season then James!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Don’t follow the lower leagues, so just gonna throw my predictions for the PL out there.

1 City, the gap they won by last season was huge and I doubt anyone will close that gap this season.

2. Liverpool, Klopp has improved this squad by a lot this summer bringing in exactly what they have been lacking and I feel like they will be City’s only real competition.

3. Arsenal, with a new coach and new players in I think they can do really well this year, although it all depends on the new signings hitting the ground running and on Emery showing that tactical genius that’s won him so many Europaleague titles. They can end anywhere from 3rd to 5th though...

4. United, They still lack that last bit that will make them real title contenders, but they aren’t far off. Get Lukaku, Sanchez and Pogba to work well together and maybe they might win it, but for now I’ve put them in 4th as the defence is pretty shit with only Valencia and Bailley being up to the standards of what is expected of a ManU defence. They also need someone on the rightwing other than Lingard or Mata. Too inconsistant in Lingard and too slow in Mata. Shell out the cash for a proper RW mr Woodward! 

Honestly if Spurs bring in any players at all to strengthen the squad they could easily get into the top 4 as well. As for Chelsea, that club is chaos right now and if they lose Courtois and Hazard they are doomed. A midfield with Kante and Jorginho is fucking solid though and they can easily challenge for the top 4 as well if Sarri can get them to play the way he got Napoli to play. Fucking great attacking football that challenged Juve over several seasons.

On 7/29/2018 at 4:22 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I've made an edit to my prediction - wonder if anyone can spot it😎

I was going to say Wolves but as you've put Liverpool so high it's hard to work out!  😉

11 hours ago, Jason said:

Steelers, superbowl bound.

Via the FG App

Will they win though?

P.s. you should do the NFL fantasy league, J.

On 7/29/2018 at 9:46 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Premier League

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Man Utd

4. Wolves

18. Bournemouth

19. Cardiff

20. Huddersfield

Championship

1. Stoke City

2. West Brom

p/o Norwich

22. Bolton

23. QPR

24. Rotherham

League 1

1. Sunderland

2. Charlton

p/o Peterborough

21. Walsall

22. AFC Wimbledon

23. Wycombe Wanderers 

24. Accrington Stanley

League 2

1. MK Dons

2. Notts County

3. Bury

23. Macclesfield

24. Morecambe

Interesting, Wolves in 4th.  Well I guess it's very possible.  There is a great chemistry between their attacking players.

5 hours ago, SPFreely said:

Interesting, Wolves in 4th.  Well I guess it's very possible.  There is a great chemistry between their attacking players.

I did have Spurs originally but I put Wolves more as a joke instead but it could happen and they've made quite a positive start. Some of the players they have on their books is very impressive and if they bolstered a couple of other positions in January; they'll easily have a better side than Man Utd😎

Don’t follow the lower leagues, so just gonna throw my predictions for the PL out there.

1 City, the gap they won by last season was huge and I doubt anyone will close that gap this season.

2. Liverpool, Klopp has improved this squad by a lot this summer bringing in exactly what they have been lacking and I feel like they will be City’s only real competition.

3. Arsenal, with a new coach and new players in I think they can do really well this year, although it all depends on the new signings hitting the ground running and on Emery showing that tactical genius that’s won him so many Europaleague titles. They can end anywhere from 3rd to 5th though...

4. United, They still lack that last bit that will make them real title contenders, but they aren’t far off. Get Lukaku, Sanchez and Pogba to work well together and maybe they might win it, but for now I’ve put them in 4th as the defence is pretty shit with only Valencia and Bailley being up to the standards of what is expected of a ManU defence. They also need someone on the rightwing other than Lingard or Mata. Too inconsistant in Lingard and too slow in Mata. Shell out the cash for a proper RW mr Woodward! 

Honestly if Spurs bring in any players at all to strengthen the squad they could easily get into the top 4 as well. As for Chelsea, that club is chaos right now and if they lose Courtois and Hazard they are doomed. A midfield with Kante and Jorginho is fucking solid though and they can easily challenge for the top 4 as well if Sarri can get them to play the way he got Napoli to play. Fucking great attacking football that challenged Juve over several seasons.
Although you say Spurs could get 4th with some new players they are fast becoming the dark horse for 3rd and 2nd at a long stretch. And that's without any new players. They looked on fire against Chelsea on Saturday too.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, GazzaGarratt said:
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, ChaosGladiator said:

Read more  

Although you say Spurs could get 4th with some new players they are fast becoming the dark horse for 3rd and 2nd at a long stretch. And that's without any new players. They looked on fire against Chelsea on Saturday too.

He's a gooner, anything @ChaosGladiator says about Spurs needs to be seen through that particular lens/blind spot :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

23 hours ago, phil bottle said:

He's a gooner, anything @ChaosGladiator says about Spurs needs to be seen through that particular lens/blind spot :)

While I am a gooner, I am mainly a fan of good football and I have said since Poch took over spurs he’s done a great job and it’s good to see them actually fighting in the bpl and now having made a league once considered to always be won by one of the "top four" now be more competitive with the 6 strongest teams all doing well. Except united’s gone down the shitter again... But yes, I thought they would struggle to manage top 4 with having to compete in the league, cl and the cups and not bringing anyone in when Poch said he needed and wanted players. 

As you see my prediction of chelsea also fell short of the mark so far, but no one’s commented on that 🤔 Then again, they did bring in a coach who managed to get a belgian winger who by most wasn’t considered a world star and turning him into a high class striker in the italian league who also holds his own in the belgian national team and in the cl.

So hat’s off to Sarri and Poch.

While I am a gooner, I am mainly a fan of good football and I have said since Poch took over spurs he’s done a great job and it’s good to see them actually fighting in the bpl and now having made a league once considered to always be won by one of the "top four" now be more competitive with the 6 strongest teams all doing well. Except united’s gone down the shitter again... But yes, I thought they would struggle to manage top 4 with having to compete in the league, cl and the cups and not bringing anyone in when Poch said he needed and wanted players. 

As you see my prediction of chelsea also fell short of the mark so far, but no one’s commented on that [emoji848] Then again, they did bring in a coach who managed to get a belgian winger who by most wasn’t considered a world star and turning him into a high class striker in the italian league who also holds his own in the belgian national team and in the cl.

So hat’s off to Sarri and Poch.
I know what you meant, but I couldn't resist [emoji16]

I'm also not a rabid one dimensional prick who thinks his team is the only one that matters, but you're Arsenal and I am duty bound to be annoying.

Fun fact: my dad's cousin John played in the 1971 Arsenal double winning team, and for England too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I know what you meant, but I couldn't resist [emoji16]

I'm also not a rabid one dimensional prick who thinks his team is the only one that matters, but you're Arsenal and I am duty bound to be annoying.

Fun fact: my dad's cousin John played in the 1971 Arsenal double winning team, and for England too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

John Radford?

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 minute ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Where does “Bottle” come from then? 😂

Funnily enough it refers to a name I had while playing in a punk band, dunno why I still use it. Lack of imagination most likely :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 7/29/2018 at 9:46 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Premier League

1. Man City 

2. Liverpool 

3. Man Utd X

4. Wolves X

18. Bournemouth X

19. Cardiff

20. Huddersfield 

Championship

1. Stoke City X

2. West Brom X

p/o Norwich X 

22. Bolton 

23. QPR X

24. Rotherham 

League 1

1. Sunderland X

2. Charlton X

p/o Peterborough X

21. Walsall 

22. AFC Wimbledon X

23. Wycombe Wanderers X

24. Accrington Stanley X

League 2

1. MK Dons 

2. Notts County (LOL) 

3. Bury 

23. Macclesfield X

24. Morecambe X

Got a few right but a fuckload wrong😎

On 7/29/2018 at 10:36 AM, Plumbers Crack said:

Oh well, at least the Town are safe for another season then James!

No, no he was wrong. Sorry Dave!

On 10/8/2018 at 3:44 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I did have Spurs originally but I put Wolves more as a joke instead but it could happen and they've made quite a positive start. Some of the players they have on their books is very impressive and if they bolstered a couple of other positions in January; they'll easily have a better side than Man Utd😎

Tbh, Wolves are the highest non Big 6 club so fair play to that one.

Why o why did I think Man Utd 🙈 they started well but lost their way with Mourinho.

Villa seem like they could be okay in the playoffs so would be good one kinda right.

I also fancied Spurs (@ChaosGladiator didn't 😉) to do well and they've probably proved many wrong considering they held on to the top 2 for as long as they could without any signings whatsoever.