GPU upgrade

phil bottle

2 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

@J4MES OX4D do you use GeForce Experience?  If not you might as well just uninstall it.  I download my drivers manually and only install what I actually need, also run it as a clean install for each update.  Usually it installs crap I don't even need or use if I use GeForce Experience.

I use it just for express driver updates and for things like Ansel and recording. I would certainly remove the thing if it was for auto-optimization only though.

Fucking hell, I expected my games to look better but it's the smoothness that's blown me away.

Meanwhile, I have a GTX 770 - MSI Twin Frzer - available for free if anyone wants it. Has dual fans.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Fucking hell, I expected my games to look better but it's the smoothness that's blown me away.

Meanwhile, I have a GTX 770 - MSI Twin Frzer - available for free if anyone wants it. Has dual fans.

That's great man. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Would your GTX 770 be an upgrade to my AMD 7800?

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

That's great man. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Would your GTX 770 be an upgrade to my AMD 7800?

Via the FG App

I'd say the GTX 770 is a decent upgrade to the AMD 7800.

295% better performance according to user benchmarks.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'd say the GTX 770 is a decent upgrade to the AMD 7800.

295% better performance according to user benchmarks.

Oh wow. Well, if you're giving it away, I'll take a 295% upgrade. :) I can PayPal you the shipping cost.

Via the FG App

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Oh wow. Well, if you're giving it away, I'll take a 295% upgrade. default_smile.png I can PayPal you the shipping cost.

Via the FG App

Cool, PM me your address and I'll send it your way

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but what do I need to check to make sure it's compatible with my rig? I can't think of what mobo I have off hand. But my CPU is a A10 5800K I believe.

Via the FG App

I'm not aware of comparability issues, it's a 2013 gpu so you should be ok. Just let me know how many pins for power supply, 6 or 8!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm not aware of comparability issues, it's a 2013 gpu so you should be ok. Just let me know how many pins for power supply, 6 or 8!

Cool man. As soon as I get back home tomorrow, I'll check and post up 6 or 8. Thanks man!

Via the FG App

[emoji173]

Via the FG App

Didn't get to send this until today, forgot I was in training to help evaluate disabled colleagues in case of fire yesterday, totally forgot!

It's a good card, one of the better 770s, will run anything you throw at it so long as it's not on ultra graphic settings. Even Star Citizen lol. Hope you have no problems getting it working. I put in the graphic driver CD but you're better off just uninstalling your current driver, then go to Nvidia website and select the driver for the 770.

I added the 6 to 8 pin adapter. It'll also need a little light dusting but I've had no problems with temperature or anything like that.

I'll share the delivery info when I'm back from lunch!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Any idea on shipping time? I've never sent/received anything directly from someone overseas, so I dont know if we're talking 5 days or 2 weeks. Any idea of an ETA?

Thanks again, Phil. I'm super excited. I'm going to use my old card to start building a PC at work to teach these kids about PCs. I don't know as much as some of you all on here, but I'm a fucking genius compared to these kids. Lol. Should be a fun project.

Via the FG App

Any idea on shipping time? I've never sent/received anything directly from someone overseas, so I dont know if we're talking 5 days or 2 weeks. Any idea of an ETA?

Thanks again, Phil. I'm super excited. I'm going to use my old card to start building a PC at work to teach these kids about PCs. I don't know as much as some of you all on here, but I'm a fucking genius compared to these kids. Lol. Should be a fun project.

Via the FG App

It said 7 to 10 working days delivery, sorry forgot to say!

Great idea about PC building and sharing the knowledge. Its really satisfying over coming the feeling of "im gonna fuck this up".

But after installing an SSD and a GPU recently I feel like king of the world [emoji3]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm going to use my old card to start building a PC at work to teach these kids about PCs. I don't know as much as some of you all on here, but I'm a fucking genius compared to these kids. Lol. Should be a fun project.

This is why you are a top bloke Tommy. Awesome idea. If we have any more spare parts that would be an amazing thing to donate to.