I was pleasantly surprised with how good The Crew 2 is. I’m playing it quite regularly, although on PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd only heard negative comments, glad to know it's decent after all.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

33 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I'd only heard negative comments, glad to know it's decent after all.

I have a few negative things to say about it. But I was expecting the game to be bad. What were the main problems you've heard and I can build on them.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I have a few negative things to say about it. But I was expecting the game to be bad. What were the main problems you've heard and I can build on them.
Poor optimisation, rubber banding.

If I find that it runs well I'll probably pick it up.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, Prodi-Cal_Son said:

So this should be getting delivered today, can't wait to try it out. Does anyone play this? Maybe we can squad up. I see the GTA Friday might be a bi-weekly thing now so maybe this could help fill in? 

Although I've not played it so it might be shit 😂

It may go that way, just not sure yet with GTA.

What Clan / MP features does it have in terms of grouping up?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

20 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Poor optimisation, rubber banding.

If I find that it runs well I'll probably pick it up.

I can stream some of it today if you want. I have not had a single instance of rubber banding and am running the game on max settings at 144hz with a great FPS. (~160) My concerns or things I don't like about the game. 

1.  Planes feel so crazy sluggish- even the Air Race models. 
  2. The menu is kind of all over the place, it's crazy difficult to get to the section where you want to buy a vehicle. Actually I had to google it to figure it out as I assumed you went to your home and there's a shop option there, but there isn't.
  3. On PC I can't exit the game! There's no 'Exit Game' selection. I have been Alt F4'ing the game every single time. 
  4. Apparently there's zero end game so, when you've beaten everything you're left with just increasing your icon rank. To be fair this leaves them open wide for more content so I guess it's a plus/ feature?

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

I couldn't get over the fact the game wont have PvP until Christmas - really don't like this games that ship now and patch later. Rubber-banding and brainless AI was the problem for me - kills the immersion completely. Apparently to exit the game you have to press Y or Triangle on controller B on the keyboard and then navigate a palaver of menus to quit. Another dreadful example of games as a service where they can't even implement an exit game properly but everything else regarding XP, in-game purchases and filler is all fine. 

I praise the games scale and ambition and it does look fantastic but in gameplay terms it's pretty generic and the voice acting is probably the worst ever seen.  I'd say the original shaded it but The Crew 2 will likely plummet in price in the next couple of months so it may be worth it then just before MP kicks in.  

1 minute ago, The3rdWalker said:

I must be lucky to have never experienced a single instance of rubber banding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's coded into the game to keep races competitive because the AI is brainless. I'd expect this in Mario Kart and not a serious racer but Ubisoft would rather do it the easy way rather than improve their AI and have genuine races that aren't influenced by fabricated factors. 

I couldn't get over the fact the game wont have PvP until Christmas - really don't like this games that ship now and patch later. Rubber-banding and brainless AI was the problem for me - kills the immersion completely. Apparently to exit the game you have to press Y or Triangle on controller B on the keyboard and then navigate a palaver of menus to quit. Another dreadful example of games as a service where they can't even implement an exit game properly but everything else regarding XP, in-game purchases and filler is all fine. 

I praise the games scale and ambition and it does look fantastic but in gameplay terms it's pretty generic and the voice acting is probably the worst ever seen.  I'd say the original shaded it but The Crew 2 will likely plummet in price in the next couple of months so it may be worth it then just before MP kicks in.  
Getting it ahead of Christmas is a goid shout. We've seen No Mans Sky go from 2.99 to 19.99 in some places after the recent huge patch that made the game better.

Crew 2 is available free to play from today via Uplay from 12pm PT through to Sunday night.

It's also discounted 45% on uPlay whilst the free weekend is available.