FG Member of the Month - New Feature

We have a new feature which is FGer of the Month!

image.png

And the great thing is all of you guys get to suggest one each month so we can take into account what everybody thinks! You'll find the nomination button on the right hand side of the FG website or scroll down on mobile browser.

I've decided for at least one year too, each FGer of the month will receive a £5 game voucher. Obviously if we keep getting you generous guys giving towards the FGFG Fund then we'll continue to do these features as its another way of giving back to you guys a little something which is what we're all about.

I really hope you all can get behind this new feature - keep giving feedback as much as you can so we know these are things you'd like to see around the place. We'll review it and name July's FGer in the first week in August.

Enjoy and GGFG y'all!

Like it, but fear it will die out eventually when either the same people gets voted for or no one votes. ("don't know who to vote for so vote for the top poster") 

But I like most of the new stuff you added 😀

3 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Like it, but fear it will die out eventually when either the same people gets voted for or no one votes. ("don't know who to vote for so vote for the top poster") 

Points definitely noted. There's a few comments best to mention in light of this.

- I've committed to a year. We can review, usually that's an open review with everyone.

- Through coming months it will help us work out what drives most instances. I'm keen that it's just not top poster otherwise people will get put off. It could be because of one special action someone did or an act of awesomeness online that you might not see here.

- Top suggested doesn't mean that person becomes FGer of the Month. We get to review this before a person is selected. However, votes have to play a significant factor too.

- If you feel strongly someone deserves one, make sure you PM me with the reasons. I won't know everything going on so this is pretty important

- I also see this as an extension to the Forever Gaming Feel Good Fund. This way someone is always rewarded with something small and should leave them with a good feeling. That's why its a year too. I'd love it to always but would need to review if we get any further donations over coming months for FGFGF.

- I'll nudge people to vote. So should other regulars. This is one step closer to something else I'm trying to do to commend and award people.

Hope this helps explain. Keep this type of feedback coming as we can do something with it then. 🖒

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Points definitely noted. There's a few comments best to mention in light of this.

- I've committed to a year. We can review, usually that's an open review with everyone.

- Through coming months it will help us work out what drives most instances. I'm keen that it's just not top poster otherwise people will get put off. It could be because of one special action someone did or an act of awesomeness online that you might not see here.

- Top suggested doesn't mean that person becomes FGer of the Month. We get to review this before a person is selected. However, votes have to play a significant factor too.

- If you feel strongly someone deserves one, make sure you PM me with the reasons. I won't know everything going on so this is pretty important

- I also see this as an extension to the Forever Gaming Feel Good Fund. This way someone is always rewarded with something small and should leave them with a good feeling. That's why its a year too. I'd love it to always but would need to review if we get any further donations over coming months for FGFGF.

- I'll nudge people to vote. So should other regulars. This is one step closer to something else I'm trying to do to commend and award people.

Hope this helps explain. Keep this type of feedback coming as we can do something with it then. 🖒

Sounds good to me 👍

1 question though. Is it possible to make it so when people vote, they can drop a few words why they voted for that candidate at the same time? 

22 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Sounds good to me 👍

1 question though. Is it possible to make it so when people vote, they can drop a few words why they voted for that candidate at the same time? 

It is a great shout. I just don't think its in the base plugin. I'll see what I can find out.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, NCA-Paendrag said:

Another way which I've seen done on a few other forums is to PM your nomination to the admin (Gazza) about a week before the winner is announced. The top 3 nominations then go into a poll. Just another way to do it :)

7 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

Another way which I've seen done on a few other forums is to PM your nomination to the admin (Gazza) about a week before the winner is announced. The top 3 nominations then go into a poll. Just another way to do it :)

True, but if it is/was possible to leave a comment while voting I think it would be easier and less time consuming for Lee 🙂

Why vote? I'm always FGer of the month. No need to embarrass everyone else.
It's member of the month, not tool of the month. Though I understand the confusion 🤣

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

After seeing a comment made by one of the veterans of FG, the first FGer of the Month award goes to 2 people rather than one.

Rob @reaper-2201 and Hector @Horrible_Hector.

We've had a number of high intense weeks on Destiny a little while back and they supported most of the raids, helping newer inexperienced people get their maiden Leviathan and/or Eater of Worlds completion. Then they dedicated a whole night and a half to help over half a dozen people on FG get their Whisper of the Worm exotic - a run that you have to wait until a Public Event arrives and then essentially 2-man a 20 minute mission. Over and Over.

I'll be sending them a $5 gift card when I get back from my hols, just like I said we would do this for each month for the first year. I'd love to see this type of support for everyone over the coming months, especially when Forsaken drops, but also for other games as well.

Keep posting up your stories and whats been happening in your world of gaming - everything is read and taken into account.

GGFG

Well those to fellas definitely deserve it, no doubt about it. Congrats dudes, your combined efforts over the last few weeks to help people with the raid and Whisper has been fantastic, thank you ❤️

banlol.png

4 hours ago, Sennex said:

Wait a sec.....

I was rigging the votes for @Diddums

Something fishy is going on here

You forgot to call the russians. 

Congrats to both! 

On 8/10/2018 at 11:45 AM, NCA-Paendrag said:

You forgot to call the russians. 

Congrats to both! 

My heritage is russian, so I figured that was enough. Well shit.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Congrats to @Spacedeck for being FGer of the month for August!

Space or Hazza we could call him 😉 has shown exactly what a new FGer should be like - great intro, getting involved and starting discussions all over FG and jumping online to try and get involved in both PS4 and PC FG nights.

I think its truly deserved and I'm super happy you've stuck around to become a true FGer. Well done Space!