Fallout 76

Not sure if there's many on this forum looking at Fallout 76 but for me, it;s the only AAA game I'm really looking forward to this year and I just received a message from Vault-Tec 

"You have successfully redeemed your B.E.T.A. (Break-it Early Test Application) registration code.
Additional instructions will be sent to your registered Bethesda.net email address when the B.E.T.A. program is ready to begin."

Bethesda has it's own launcher now for PC, I never knew. Beta is in October.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Never got into Fallout games, I think I just missed my calling with these. Didn't someone say its PvP? as I thought these were mainly Single Player games? Looks great though. I think people are edging towards Red Dead 2 over this one ( I might be wrong though).

Do you know what the objective of the games usually are?

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Didn't someone say its PvP? as I thought these were mainly Single Player games?

This game is basically Fallout Online. The series is purely a single player RPG but now they are drifting down a dangerous route of PvP only.  Could be a massive success or a huge frustrating failure. 

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Never got into Fallout games, I think I just missed my calling with these. Didn't someone say its PvP? as I thought these were mainly Single Player games? Looks great though. I think people are edging towards Red Dead 2 over this one ( I might be wrong though).

Do you know what the objective of the games usually are?

Usually there's a back story as to (a) how and who you are in the post apocalypse wasteland and some kind of reason to go out explore the world. In past games they have used vehicles for this such as looking for your father, or looking for your son. it's all RPG, collecting stuff, levelling up skills etc. Plus lots of combat. The most recent Fallout introduced base building.

This new one moves from single player to multiplayer. Which is a massive thing for Fallout fans as many don't seem too happy about it. I'm a bit tired of people whinging already. These people need to get a grip. It's a game trying something new. Luddites be Luddites I suppose.

Base building will be a big feature of 76 too and I hope they've done a better job than they did Fallout 4.

For me, it's all about how well the game is optimised. If it's buggy and has poor network code, that will be bad, and they will suffer the consequences.

Too little information right now to form a decent opinion but I'm in the glass half full camp personally.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Must say that I'm really looking forward to this. I've always struggled with Fallout games before as multiplayer games took my attention away from what was a very good single player game. So with the mix on offer here it seems spot on.

I've watched a few vids and I really love the lore and effort that they're putting into this new world. This could well be the first bonafide MMORPGFPS/3PS. There's been a few attempts before but they've never quite got the RPG bit right. Plus recent problems on end game content with games like Destiny and The Division will only serve a good experience for the Bethesda team to learn from

Time to see if there's a ps4 beta I can sign up for!! 

Must say that I'm really looking forward to this. I've always struggled with Fallout games before as multiplayer games took my attention away from what was a very good single player game. So with the mix on offer here it seems spot on.

I've watched a few vids and I really love the lore and effort that they're putting into this new world. This could well be the first bonafide MMORPGFPS/3PS. There's been a few attempts before but they've never quite got the RPG bit right. Plus recent problems on end game content with games like Destiny and The Division will only serve a good experience for the Bethesda team to learn from

Time to see if there's a ps4 beta I can sign up for!! 
You have to pre-order the game to access the beta. I did it on Amazon to avoid paying any money upfront.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg