Division 2 Beta

The criticism of the game is all from people on the forum who didn't actually play the Beta. It's almost like we're primed to dislike, somehow.

Nutty, Blue and Jewboy's opinions would be welcomed, as they all played it and enjoyed it :rolleyes:

You are all welcome to your second-hand opinions of course :P

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

The criticism of the game is all from people on the forum who didn't actually play the Beta. It's almost like we're primed to dislike, somehow.

Nutty, Blue and Jewboy's opinions would be welcomed, as they all played it and enjoyed it :rolleyes:

You are all welcome to your second-hand opinions of course :P

It wouldn't change their mind Phil. Genuinely we seem to be in a state of, if it's a sequel and looks the same its lost that 'new and unknown' feel, therefore its shit. Same with other sequels.

Now I understand that feeling but I don't get how then makes it a bad game or not worth £43.

We'd all love it as a DLC ideally for £20 as you could argue we're paying for a large Quality of Life update plus all new missions (and a new map).

However, if you did that, many people won't still buy the original game. Same happened with Destiny 1. The further after release more customers feel like they cant buy it as they are too far behind and it becomes overwhelming. I heard that so many times from people here that didn't play the original games.

We have got to get over the state of games these days. They aren't all as bad as you think. We've all played shit games and had a blast because we're all on them. This won't be any different.

I’m just going on videos I’ve watched, I’m not saying I wouldn’t like it but it seems like dlc rather than a completely different game. The base game seems exactly the same but hopefully there’s enough staying power than compared to the last game.

I really wanted to play the beta but just haven’t had any time, it’s got so much promise and I hope it delivers.

I think people, myself included, get annoyed when it looks like they’ve copied and pasted from the last game. I’m not saying they have to start from scratch but there has

to be enough difference to warrant people spending another £60.

44 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

I’m just going on videos I’ve watched, I’m not saying I wouldn’t like it but it seems like dlc rather than a completely different game. The base game seems exactly the same but hopefully there’s enough staying power than compared to the last game.

I really wanted to play the beta but just haven’t had any time, it’s got so much promise and I hope it delivers.

I think people, myself included, get annoyed when it looks like they’ve copied and pasted from the last game. I’m not saying they have to start from scratch but there has

I know you'll come from a positive angle mate 😀

The difficult I'm finding is there was once a time where we were happy for a sequel and happily pay the same if not more money for those games e.g. Halo 2, Halo 3, etc. Those played and felt the same with QoL updates to it.

To me there is no difference here.

What we also forget now though (and sometimes see as a negative too) is that the price covers a live game. One that we continually get live patch updates. Something we never had before. So we pay for a continually improving game.

Back to Division 2 - I really enjoyed the subtle twist on how they will make settlements a part of the game where you care to bring it up to a better standard rather than all being back at the Base of Operations. Definitely a good twist on unlocking different missions and linking to personal objectives.

20 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

Exactly. I don't think The Division 2 looks a bad game at all but it just doesn't make the strides I would be expecting especially from Ubisoft who have proven in recent years how ambitious and strong their technology is. To see a game play itself so safe using the old formula is a little disappointing.

I can tell a lot about games from just watching videos - I've probably watched over 25 hours of gameplay and information videos in recent months and a lot of people who have had unrestricted access across multiple branches have raised similar concerns that leave me on the fence. 

I'm looking forward to giving the open beta a go nevertheless but something that irks me in gaming is wasted opportunities and games that should be better than what they offer. 

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I know you'll come from a positive angle mate 😀

The difficult I'm finding is there was once a time where we were happy for a sequel and happily pay the same if not more money for those games e.g. Halo 2, Halo 3, etc. Those played and felt the same with QoL updates to it.

To me there is no difference here.

What we also forget now though (and sometimes see as a negative too) is that the price covers a live game. One that we continually get live patch updates. Something we never had before. So we pay for a continually improving game.

Back to Division 2 - I really enjoyed the subtle twist on how they will make settlements a part of the game where you care to bring it up to a better standard rather than all being back at the Base of Operations. Definitely a good twist on unlocking different missions and linking to personal objectives.

I completely understand where you’re coming from but the Halo games were incredible and the Division was a massive let down, now they’re basically copying and pasting and asking us to spend another £60. If the first game was a massive success from the get go, then I don’t think there would much push back but people expect more now and companies have to start delivering and stop being lazy.

I agree with your sentiments @J4MES OX4D and @tronic44, just disagree on the opinion that it isn't quite worth £43 (not 60 as I found it cheaper). I think it is and is enough to pay for hundreds and thousands of development hours stuck in a game. And the ongoing live support for free.

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I agree with your sentiments @J4MES OX4D and @tronic44, just disagree on the opinion that it isn't quite worth £43 (not 60 as I found it cheaper). I think it is and is enough to pay for hundreds and thousands of development hours stuck in a game. And the ongoing live support for free.

Actually it's worth what you or anyone else decides it's worth to them tbh. 

You see the same thing trotted out about destiny, " I am not paying xyz" which is fine yet others will as they will get many hours out of it making it value for money. 

It's not worth it to me because I don't think I will based on gameplay and moreso by playing the first installment, the same went for anthem. To me if it was first person I'd probably give it more of a chance.

43 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Sigh, I can't be fucked anymore.

It's worth it, trust me. Just like I trusted you the first time we bought it 😉 Grouping up will be ace and with new content. Everyone needs a magpie. 😀

21 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Open Beta next Friday.

I enjoyed the private Beta and i enjoyed the first game.

I don't know if many FGers will be giving it a go but I'll be all over it.

I don't want to spoil the game now I've made my mind up so I'll likely pass to not ruin any bit of content that's in it.