Division 2 Beta

No news of a date yet but you can sign up via the link below with your preferred platform.

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/beta

Last time out we had the beta that we could play up to around Level 7 I think(?) and a large chunk of the map open to be able to explore. It was a pretty decent beta if I recall. Here's hoping this one will have a good flavour of the modification available early doors.

IMG_20190124_154856.jpg

I've registered for it. The idea of the first game was great but just a bit lacking in execution. However I did hear that the later expansions fixed a lot of stuff and added more depth to the game. Just a shame hardly anyone was there to see it!!

Really hoping that we can see this one learn from the previous lessons and a good game come from it 

If they carry on with The Division 2 where the first game ended, then it should be a great game right off the bat with a clear gameplay direction and lots of features. 

If it launches in a fairly threadbare and unspectacular state like Destiny 2 did; it'll be the same old story where people play it, max the level cap in a couple of weeks and then probably never play it again whilst the devs are working round the clock to salvage the game.

I'm fairly optimistic about this one though.

On 7/23/2018 at 9:13 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

If they carry on with The Division 2 where the first game ended, then it should be a great game right off the bat with a clear gameplay direction and lots of features. 

If it launches in a fairly threadbare and unspectacular state like Destiny 2 did; it'll be the same old story where people play it, max the level cap in a couple of weeks and then probably never play it again whilst the devs are working round the clock to salvage the game.

I'm fairly optimistic about this one though.

The beta should give us a good understanding on how quick it is to level up. There needs to feel like there is some sort of slow grind up the levels or it'll have the same feeling as Destiny did.

There seems to be quite a lot of UI changes and QoL enhancements that should support the modification side to it. I really don't want to be sitting there forever working out what all the mods do and then struggle to find it, unequip, switch weapons, equip.

Also, the backpack was quite annoying to keep dumping back to base whereas now the mods don't drop like they did, this should be a good positive move. The beta should give us a flavour of how quick it fills up aswell.

On 12/2/2018 at 11:16 AM, tronic44 said:

When was the beta for this?

No sign yet Rich, however there is a Technical Closed Alpha test from today until 18th December for selected PC players only. Hopefully, a good sign that means the beta is around end of Jan / start of Feb (which will be about a month ahead of the release date). 

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

No sign yet Rich, however there is a Technical Closed Alpha test from today until 18th December for selected PC players only. Hopefully, a good sign that means the beta is around end of Jan / start of Feb (which will be about a month ahead of the release date). 

I'm downloading it right now but had to sign a NDA :rolleyes:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

We now have some dates! HYPE!

Feb 7th - Feb 10th via ballot or pre-order.

PC Minimum Specs below.

MORE HYPE!! [emoji16]

IMG_20190117_151208.jpeg

On 1/18/2019 at 7:42 AM, Plumbers Crack said:

The High and Elite settings are a bit tasty...how long before these become the Recommended settings..5 years?

I'm really not educated enough to know if it's likely to happen 😂

So I'll go with.... yes? 😁

[emoji16]

[emoji23]

Though to be honest, I'm loving the Beta.

Movement is more fluid.
Great level of detail.
Less bullet spongey than Div 1 (at least so far)
Liking the drone that repairs your armour.

I've been solo so far and managed to go without dying, again, so far...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The PS4 version was excellent, I played about 5 hours of it.

The PC version had a few bugs, which I'm a little concerned about but it's a beta not a demo, right guys? Guys? [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I played 30 minutes last night which was enough for me to confirm:

1) Its just like Division 1 with some tiny tweaks

2) I'll be buying it

I might be holding out for some subtle variety in endgame however 8 player raids is enough for me to buy after that.

Also, let's not have this debate that it's too similar to Division 1. Its obvious that's what a sequel needs to be like so if you didn't like the first (after update 1.8, not at launch), then best not to buy it and moan at others. It's boring before we even have the debate.

Open beta was mentioned in the livestream over the weekend so I'm gonna wait to try it then. Bit of a mixed bag from critics and the PC version has a couple of iffy bugs that should be quashed by then but I'll definitely be giving it a try. Certainly looks way better than Anthem. 

38 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Open beta was mentioned in the livestream over the weekend so I'm gonna wait to try it then. Bit of a mixed bag from critics and the PC version has a couple of iffy bugs that should be quashed by then but I'll definitely be giving it a try. Certainly looks way better than Anthem. 

It seemed a mixed bag from those people because of how they felt about the Division 1. That's my summary of the ones I've seen. If they didn't like bullet spongy type bosses then they won't like them going forward. I don't know what they are expecting though.

I haven't played it yet but I already know enough from the few vids I've watched to know that I won't be buying it. When Division 1 came out I played it for a bit, got bored and lost interest. I recently installed it again and my character is level 16 and I'm doing it more out of boredom than because I'm enjoying it.

I've watched a few vids on Division 2, and from what I can tell it's not even close to being a sequel, more of Division 1.5. Some are even saying that the setting feels less authentic than the original too, not as many ambient sounds, no civilians needing help, etc. Could be beta stuff though. 

It's a sale game for me, not a release game, just like Anthem. 

Back to division 1 I guess.

banlol.png

22 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Also, let's not have this debate that it's too similar to Division 1. Its obvious that's what a sequel needs to be like

This is the big talking point though especially when it's supposedly a new game and a £50 one at that too. The Division was great but hamstrung by technical restrictions, poorly implemented features,  horrendous story,  forgettable characters and a flawed concept especially compared to what they originally envisaged. Three years on from the original and they've essentially made the same core game again.  There is no reason why a sequel cannot make substantial strides and this game doesn't seem to quite do it.  I think a lot of people's expectations are a bit higher than that of just a plain old sequel especially with how ambitious and technically laden Ubisoft are these days.  More of a step sideways than a step forward. 

2 hours ago, Diddums said:

I've watched a few vids on Division 2, and from what I can tell it's not even close to being a sequel, more of Division 1.5. Some are even saying that the setting feels less authentic than the original too, not as many ambient sounds, no civilians needing help, etc. Could be beta stuff though. 

The atmosphere of the original game was absolutely unreal. I'd never forget the first time I ventured into New York with the eerie silence, gun sounds echoing off buildings and the wonderful snow effects when walking. This game seems to lose all of that and I'm not too keen on all the greenery either.  The audio comparisons are particularly disappointing and areas seem a bit bare. I hope the rest of the map is more varied and interesting. 

36 minutes ago, tronic44 said:

It's basically DLC.

Fixed😎