Need Plug Adapter that can charge from a USB Bank

When you think about it (the male end of a 4 way plug adapter goes into a usb end rather than a plug) it should be easy to find. Well, nope it isn't.

Need one so the wife can put her straighteners into a plug socket but as the place we're going away soon for 2 nights doesn't have plug sockets i'm thinking I need to power them from my Powerbank.

Any ideas?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

When you think about it (the male end of a 4 way plug adapter goes into a usb end rather than a plug) it should be easy to find. Well, nope it isn't.

Need one so the wife can put her straighteners into a plug socket but as the place we're going away soon for 2 nights doesn't have plug sockets i'm thinking I need to power them from my Powerbank.

Any ideas?

This post raises more questions than I could provide answers but I honestly don't know where to begin😎

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

No power sockets? You staying in a cave or a tent?

Tent style. Sort of like glamping. Has some solar power but wanted to have some back up power for stuff that will keep my wife's anxiety going through the tent roof.

Fraid you're (Hayley!) not going to like the answer here.

Powerbanks are only ever good for charging a mobile or similar device. It wouldn't generate enough power to get the straighteners going and if it did then it'd batter the charge in seconds.

solar power converted into 12v storage is more viable if you've got a) a big ass solar panel and b) a decent battery to store said charge. Even then I'd suggest using specific 12v straighteners as it's not economical to invert the power from 12 to 240.

in short, if you're "off grid", then I'd forget about most of your creature comforts like that if you aren't going to carry a big ads battery along with you

3 hours ago, Stretch616 said:

Fraid you're (Hayley!) not going to like the answer here.

Powerbanks are only ever good for charging a mobile or similar device. It wouldn't generate enough power to get the straighteners going and if it did then it'd batter the charge in seconds.

solar power converted into 12v storage is more viable if you've got a) a big ass solar panel and b) a decent battery to store said charge. Even then I'd suggest using specific 12v straighteners as it's not economical to invert the power from 12 to 240.

in short, if you're "off grid", then I'd forget about most of your creature comforts like that if you aren't going to carry a big ads battery along with you

Thats what I thought!

Hilariously though, she completely forgot (as did I) that for her birthday I got her some portable gas straighteners so shes all good. The Powerbank we'll keep for our phones and Dax's iPad as its his calming mechanism.

Having said that, what do you take on camping for electrical essentials?

Had you thought of charging your phones using an in-car charger on the way there then leaving them locked in the car for the two days? Have a detox and chill out with a book or something in the evening. Relax and enjoy! 😊

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

19 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thats what I thought!

Hilariously though, she completely forgot (as did I) that for her birthday I got her some portable gas straighteners so shes all good. The Powerbank we'll keep for our phones and Dax's iPad as its his calming mechanism.

Having said that, what do you take on camping for electrical essentials?

Since we've had the camper van we've got a leisure battery so we can charge a fair bit of stuff. However when we were proper camping before (and a fair bit now) we went without. As Mr Crack said,  sometimes it's really good to go without those creature comforts for a few days. It's surprising how nice it can feel. I get that you need stuff for Dax but might be worth a go for you and the mrs??

1 hour ago, Stretch616 said:

Since we've had the camper van we've got a leisure battery so we can charge a fair bit of stuff. However when we were proper camping before (and a fair bit now) we went without. As Mr Crack said,  sometimes it's really good to go without those creature comforts for a few days. It's surprising how nice it can feel. I get that you need stuff for Dax but might be worth a go for you and the mrs??

oh totally. This isn't about me here. I know I can do without, its more Dax's requirements and Hayley not at all used to the Go Outdoors living! Hopefully baby steps with this one (and promising as she found it and booked it for us all), and maybe one day we'll get to a proper camping trip!!

I'll look into a leisure battery if the whole family enjoy the experience.