FG Fantasy Football 2018/19 Season

GazzaGarratt

Right, following the success of the World Cup Fantasy Football, i'm suggesting we do one for the upcoming season but give it a real good push. In previous years about 3 or 4 of us have done it but the football fans out there in FG land would love this so you just need to show your support! We had 11 people for the World Cup, it would be brilliant to get way more than that this time round.

If we get large numbers, i'll look to do the same as before and see if we can offer a couple of prizes along with it. No guarantees but people who know me, will know that i'll do my best to do this.

I think we'll end up using a free 3rd party Fantasy Football app so it can be easier to manage on the go. I know I could do the spreadsheet again, similar to the World Cup but that would be a ballache for me and I think you guys would prefer something more flashy and interactive.

So, let's get a roll call going! Also, any specific things you want to do with this then just let me know!

Thanks all! GGFG

Edit: Put registration details into ok

Head over to here and register your team. Once done, register yourself into our league by using code 972477-216585

Current FGers on board with a team:

@Stretch616

@Plumbers Crack

@tronic44

@Findmartin

@GazzaGarratt

That's awesome @Stretch616, cheers mate!

We'll eventually put the link and code and the roll call in the opening post. Hoping we can get quite a few of us on it this year!

1 hour ago, ChaosGladiator said:

I would be down for this, but this means I need to commit myself for 10 months, which is longer than any relationship I’ve had the last 4 years. Gonna have to give it a pass.

Do what I do...pick a team at the start of the season and leave it alone unless someone gets a long term injury. Don’t muck about with transfers, just leave it be

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Do what I do...pick a team at the start of the season and leave it alone unless someone gets a long term injury. Don’t muck about with transfers, just leave it be

Exactly @ChaosGladiator. Gotta try it for the fun and who knows, you might pick a great team to start with.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:34 PM, ChaosGladiator said:
I would be down for this, but this means I need to commit myself for 10 months, which is longer than any relationship I’ve had the last 4 years. Gonna have to give it a pass.

Just to put into context.

- I registered through the link
- I selected Auto Pick for now
- I linked the team to the private league number.

Its so flipping easy and quick. I don't think I'll make many subs, if at all. By putting updates here though it will keep us on our toes and thinking about it more.

Any more takers? I know they're out there...

@phil bottle

@Diddums

@Amnotright

@LordBaguette

@J4MES OX4D

@Sennex

@The3rdWalker

Theres more footy people so pull yer fingers out!

1 hour ago, The3rdWalker said:

I'm out. I couldn't follow it as well as I wanted to and I generally had trouble getting time to watch soccer on Sundays. 

This is also me.

I don't even have time for gaming anymore. I have way to many side projects at home.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

The first game is just over a week away. Man Utd v Leicester on a Friday night...

I can see 7 FG teams up and running, so anybody else who wants in, get your skates boots on.

Head over to here and register your team. Once done, register yourself into our league by using code 972477-216585

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, ChaosGladiator said:

I thought fuck it and made a team, but the fucking code to join the league doesn’t work. Halp.

Have you registered the team first? Seems odd as we've got a few people in already so the code should be fine 

On 8/2/2018 at 7:16 PM, phil bottle said:

The first game is just over a week away. Man Utd v Leicester on a Friday night...

I can see 7 FG teams up and running, so anybody else who wants in, get your skates boots on.

Head over to here and register your team. Once done, register yourself into our league by using code 972477-216585

Just giving this a bump. I know there's more Football fans out there and its worth just popping a team in!