Prep for Forsaken

TigerBurge

With Forsaken little over a month away it’s time to start prepping for the DLC.  Save you materials such as weapon parts and legendary shards. There will be plenty on new stuff that you will want. Save all your tokens from vendors hopefully they will have new gear when it hits. By now most everyone will have everything they want so don’t waste the materials so you can have the new stuff sooner once it hits 

13 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

With Forsaken little over a month away it’s time to start prepping for the DLC.  Save you materials such as weapon parts and legendary shards. There will be plenty on new stuff that you will want. Save all your tokens from vendors hopefully they will have new gear when it hits. By now most everyone will have everything they want so don’t waste the materials so you can have the new stuff sooner once it hits 

Good shout and fingers crossed they don’t change the currency 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Good idea for a topic Chris.

I think we also need to help as many people get to 385 as we can. As the first DLC is a must, I'm not 100% certain you can play Forsaken without doing the main campaign and dlc stories.

Plus in Gambit, your power will matter against PvE parts, not the PvP enemies. Also, when Iron Banner and Trials come back post Forsaken release power will matter for the first time since Destiny 1.

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Good shout and fingers crossed they don’t change the currency 

I doubt it now Dave. They're pretty set on Tokens and it is the unified, easier to understand, approach.

1 hour ago, Baabcat said:

Does anyone remember D1 ‘edging’. I was a pro edger I have to say, really miss having all factions ready to level up and carrying bounties to push them over on day 1

Yeah, you were good at that!

I did it a little at the first DLC but tbh I want this Forsaken update to last. I think it will do, more than any other DLC but I don't want to fully overdo my preparation. I've got a ton of shards now and I've still got a number of initial missions to do, like  and Rat King.

I'd also think about hording Bright Dust - get through your shaders you don't want and pile up the dust. There's going to be some decent cosmetic stuff on Day 1 that people will want too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

43 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'd also think about hording Bright Dust - get through your shaders you don't want and pile up the dust. There's going to be some decent cosmetic stuff on Day 1 that people will want too.

I started doing this and noticed that some shaders gave bright dust, others shards and others gave glimmer....in fact the ones I have most of gave glimmer. So, if you shred them keep an eye on the upper glimmer limit of 100k or keep them as a way of holding more than the max glimmer level

3 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Does anyone remember D1 ‘edging’. I was a pro edger I have to say, really miss having all factions ready to level up and carrying bounties to push them over on day 1

Yeah I miss those days. I always had everything ready for when it hit. Saved heavy synts and always had a thousand or so motes. Miss those days 

58 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I started doing this and noticed that some shaders gave bright dust, others shards and others gave glimmer....in fact the ones I have most of gave glimmer. So, if you shred them keep an eye on the upper glimmer limit of 100k or keep them as a way of holding more than the max glimmer level

I’ve started putting some in my vault to save for when I need glimmer 

27 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Yeah I miss those days. I always had everything ready for when it hit. Saved heavy synts and always had a thousand or so motes. Miss those days 

Heavy Synths....those were the days..<sigh>

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Not worried too much about glimmer. It's pretty easy to obtain i'm finding. Just don't go buying anything stupidly expensive in the week before.

30 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Motes. Man, they were okay you know. Especially upgrading weapons. However...

2 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Heavy Synths....those were the days..<sigh>

no, no and NO. I never liked Heavy Synths. It stopped so many raid stages to wait for the cooldown and if somebody ran out, everyone would get pissy with them and then have to wait for them to leave, go to the Tower, buy a few more, then jump back in. I've never had a moment where I think 'damn, I need a heavy synth'. There's more yellow bars around these days that drop heavy and ways for teams to do quick ammo runs if you're really desperate. I can only think of one encounter you would do this more often than necessary which is Dogs phase on Leviathan.

Contrary to most Destiny features, not all Destiny 1 stuff is better than Destiny 2 things if you really think about it.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Contrary to most Destiny features, not all Destiny 1 stuff is better than Destiny 2 things if you really think about it.

QoL stuff is a little better that D1 but the game still is wishing the WOW factor. However my 5 man Arc Stryder kill in PvP the other day with you,Nick and Travis did have a little wow to it 

My primary character is a thin skinned hunter who’s most endearing attribute is his jumping ability which is handy given the (lack of) ability of his operator!! 😂😂

5 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

I'll be doing my weeklies leading up to DLC Launch. I would like to know of the people that are going to play regularly, what classes will you be playing as? where do we have holes that we will need filled. I have all 3 classes but not all 3 are up to par.

I play when I can. Typically a couple times a week. Shoot me a friend request and I’m happy to run whatever 

16 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Prep for Forsaken.

1. Don’t Prepare
2. Enjoy the one month of content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man....my PMA nearly took a hit then 😭 

I agree with step 1. And step 2 - i'll enjoy it for a month...and then some more months after that too :D

Bigger picture here is that this has more potential than most games at present to bring the FG family back together and i think everyone will feel like we game again together again as a larger group, working towards goals as a group, etc. 

3 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'm not max level, so is there any point in me prepping, or should I just continue to grind to get to max level?

Via the FG App

I suspect you’ll level up way past 385 (and the upcoming 400) pretty quickly so may not be worth grinding current level  to hard. Might be better off doing the new challenges Bungie have released for year 1. 

5 hours ago, Baabcat said:

I suspect you’ll level up way past 385 (and the upcoming 400) pretty quickly so may not be worth grinding current level  to hard. Might be better off doing the new challenges Bungie have released for year 1. 

I'd go with Bob on this. They've indicated you can get into some things straight away but I'm going to guess its appropriate to get all story missions done, main and both DLCs because there's a chance it could hold back mission steps on certain quests we are given.

I'm using this time to get people through raids who havent done one whilst we have the opportunity and picking off the MoT objectives for myself as I doubt I'll be initially focused on them comes post-September.

Some of those things will help if you are as high Power as you can be.

Equally, Iron Banner and Trials will be Power dependent post September patch so I'd rather feel powerful and ahead of the pack into the first Iron Banner than not being able to play it at all due to  underpowered Power Level.

People need to buy those rare mods with all available Glimmer. Getting Mod Components from Legendary mod dismantling is a quick job and glimmer builds back up real fast.

48 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

People need to buy those rare mods with all available Glimmer. Getting Mod Components from Legendary mod dismantling is a quick job and glimmer builds back up real fast.

Currently holding 77 mod packs...😎

So from the TWAB a little more things to start getting into check if you want to be fully ready for Forsaken:

• Start saving and collecting Planetary Materials
  • Start dismantling legendary mods to get Mod Components (keep using Glimmer to buy blue rare mods to make more)
  • Start putting your favourite burn mod onto your Year 1 legendary guns. My best advice personally is to make Zenith of the Kind Shotgun (from the raid if you haven't got it) to Void burn - can then stack with someone else's Tractor Cannon
  • Save multiple guns with different burns in your vault if you really want a gun that has the 3 different burns
  • Buy as many Treasure Maps as you can - they'll still have a small Percentage drop rate for current exotics available

On 7/24/2018 at 8:38 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

My primary character is a thin skinned hunter who’s most endearing attribute is his jumping ability which is handy given the (lack of) ability of his operator!! 😂😂

Not that thin skinned in the crucible more like op 😯

@GazzaGarratt Still have no idea how most mods work and never used a mod component

9 hours ago, techno said:

Not that thin skinned in the crucible more like op 😯

@GazzaGarratt Still have no idea how most mods work and never used a mod component

Probably a good idea you didn't get too used to them. 😂😂

Just focused on the next ones that you can add to any gun other than exotics and they will just be like another perk on a gun. Simples 🖒