Prep for Forsaken

TigerBurge

On 7/24/2018 at 11:14 PM, The3rdWalker said:

Prep for Forsaken.

1. Don’t Prepare
2. Enjoy the one month of content.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't stop there! Tell all 20 odd of us more ways to play the game you haven't touch in forever!

banlol.png

On 7/24/2018 at 8:53 PM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'm not max level, so is there any point in me prepping, or should I just continue to grind to get to max level?

Via the FG App

I would still be saving the planetary materials and tokens,vendor tokens and weapon parts. Destination vendors won’t be using token anymore but you will still be able to cash them in. They will all help with getting you to a soft cap. 

10 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

I would still be saving the planetary materials and tokens,vendor tokens and weapon parts. Destination vendors won’t be using token anymore but you will still be able to cash them in. They will all help with getting you to a soft cap. 

Cool man.  Thanks.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

On 8/10/2018 at 11:50 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

So from the TWAB a little more things to start getting into check if you want to be fully ready for Forsaken:

• Start saving and collecting Planetary Materials
  • Start dismantling legendary mods to get Mod Components (keep using Glimmer to buy blue rare mods to make more)
  • Start putting your favourite burn mod onto your Year 1 legendary guns. My best advice personally is to make Zenith of the Kind Shotgun (from the raid if you haven't got it) to Void burn - can then stack with someone else's Tractor Cannon
  • Save multiple guns with different burns in your vault if you really want a gun that has the 3 different burns
  • Buy as many Treasure Maps as you can - they'll still have a small Percentage drop rate for current exotics available

Forgot to mention, as Gunsmith is going from 30 to 100 materials to obtain a package, my view is if you don't need to level up with his engrams I would just save them.

With the upcoming weapon slot changes I recommend holding on to weapons that you normally wouldn't to see how they pan out. I'm looking over my current power weapons and I don't have a good selection. Up until now I've had no use for shotguns other than the Basilisk or Ikelos, snipers other than exotics, or any grenade launchers or fusion rifles (liked them as specials in D1 though) so I usually scrap them immediately. I know we'll get plenty of good weapons but no sense being too limited going into it.

On 8/16/2018 at 2:02 PM, Baabcat said:

With IB tokens carrying forward it might be worth grinding a bit of banner this time around, to get ahead of the game for first IB in year 2

Thanks Bob. Had the last two nights finally in Iron Banner and loved it - definitely not using any tokens though as there was no way to hit level 35 to get the ship when I was on level 13.

9 hours ago, L_C_Scipio said:

With the upcoming weapon slot changes I recommend holding on to weapons that you normally wouldn't to see how they pan out. I'm looking over my current power weapons and I don't have a good selection. Up until now I've had no use for shotguns other than the Basilisk or Ikelos, snipers other than exotics, or any grenade launchers or fusion rifles (liked them as specials in D1 though) so I usually scrap them immediately. I know we'll get plenty of good weapons but no sense being too limited going into it.

Yep, thats a good shout. Tbh, i'm focusing on keeping weapons in my vault after Day 1 even if they're in my Collections for this reason. Best to grab a night and work through them to see which ones could be easily bought again and others that the specific burn you have is worth keeping in the Vault.

Also everybody, a word of caution with the Mod Components trick - some YouTubers noticed that one of the developers, Josh Hamrick, mentioned that by dismantling modsd post-Forsaken you'll get mod components and maybe some new materials, whatever they'll be. I can't seem to find that response but what i've done is got half and half - dismantled some and other purple mods i've stored them in my vault.

40 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks Bob. Had the last two nights finally in Iron Banner and loved it - definitely not using any tokens though as there was no way to hit level 35 to get the ship when I was on level 13.

Yep, thats a good shout. Tbh, i'm focusing on keeping weapons in my vault after Day 1 even if they're in my Collections for this reason. Best to grab a night and work through them to see which ones could be easily bought again and others that the specific burn you have is worth keeping in the Vault.

Also everybody, a word of caution with the Mod Components trick - some YouTubers noticed that one of the developers, Josh Hamrick, mentioned that by dismantling modsd post-Forsaken you'll get mod components and maybe some new materials, whatever they'll be. I can't seem to find that response but what i've done is got half and half - dismantled some and other purple mods i've stored them in my vault.

Yeah he said to wait until the 28th before you dismantle mods 

51 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Bugger! Wish I’d heard that earlier....I have 80+ mod components and just a few burn chaangers

Same here but hey ho, I doubt it will something incredible we will get extra. You should still end up hording a ton more between now and Sept 4th.

Really important if you don't want to lose some of your gear come August 28th!

Some weapons will be moving around in your slots so it is in your best interests to make sure you have at least a few slots available in each weapon slot. You also need to make sure your postmaster is no way near full.

When a weapon is moved it tries to go into a spare slot. If there isn't  available it will go to the Postmaster. If the postmaster is full then wave bye bye to that gun you've possibly owned for a while now.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Some weapons will be moving around in your slots so it is in your best interests to make sure you have at least a few slots available in each weapon slot. You also need to make sure your postmaster is no way near full.

When a weapon is moved it tries to go into a spare slot. If there isn't  available it will go to the Postmaster. If the postmaster is full then wave bye bye to that gun you've possibly owned for a while now.

Nice find Lee!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 8/23/2018 at 8:03 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Just wanted to bump this since the update drops tomorrow!

As widely expected infusion now requires planetary materials. This is going to be a bit of a pain. To help out make sure you always have the correct ghost on for whichever planet you are on (try and get one that shows caches and resources) , will make this a lot less grindy.

Got to say Bob, I was doing patrols, public events and loot boxes and I was getting drops of x4 and x12. I can’t remember which gave what value, I’ll try and remember to note it down 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

16 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Yes they drop easy enough on the right planet, but this is for infusion. So every time you want to infuse your favourite gun up a few levels that’s 10 of a specific material. That’s going to be a lot of stuff

So just to clarify Bob, infusing your gear to make it a higher Power level now needs Planetary materials instead of Legendary Shards?

Is that the only thing we need materials for?