Whisper of the Worm

Bluebear

Loads of people complained about the sleeper month long lock out!

Basically stuff like this always disadvantages someone, so it’s not a great idea from bungie. Locking it to a PE that appears to rarely spawn is also not a great idea (look at Bungies forum for the complaints about people waiting 6hours to get the PE). That might be a bug (cozmo has tweeted that arelooking into it). At least this seems to be two steps forward and one step back.

7 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Basically stuff like this always disadvantages someone, so it’s not a great idea from bungie. Locking it to a PE that appears to rarely spawn is also not a great idea (look at Bungies forum for the complaints about people waiting 6hours to get the PE). That might be a bug (cozmo has tweeted that arelooking into it). At least this seems to be two steps forward and one step back.

To be fair the Bungie forum is the most toxic place I’ve ever seen. I’m not disagreeing With them but those people will bitch about a blow job 

32 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

I'll agree with the Public Event issue - I had into the early hours last night with @Rico and @reaper-2201 and I left to go to bed as it still hadn't come.

Once this bug is fixed, this will be completely fine.

38 minutes ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

Nor will I reach 385 in a long time and nor do I care for puzzle jumping. Especially for 5 minutes. 

I get it's difficult for everyone to make it but all content in these games isn't made for everyone.

At the same time, I remember waiting to high enough level and then running multiple Black Spindle missions and then eventually getting it with @Diddums and @Plumbers Crack.

Doing this definitely adds to the thrill of getting it. Other games do this approach too.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The DPS on this seems to be the best of the best. It is ridiculously OP. People are wrecking Raid Bosses from Leviathan and the raid lairs. D2 now has the God Gun.

I got it! Thanks @Horrible_Hector and @reaper-2201. Using the front room and shooting from a distance with Scout Rifles and other long range weapons seems the way to go. I used Inaugural Address Raid Scout with Solar mod.

Really good mission and definitely one to do as soon as you're Power Level is high enough.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I got it! Thanks @Horrible_Hector and @reaper-2201. Using the front room and shooting from a distance with Scout Rifles and other long range weapons seems the way to go. I used Inaugural Address Raid Scout with Solar mod.

Really good mission and definitely one to do as soon as you're Power Level is high enough.

Perhaps we should start a calender event for this as well...did you have to wait long for a gate?

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

16 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Perhaps we should start a calender event for this as well...did you have to wait long for a gate?

Didn't have to wait long - 2nd PE so about 20 minutes.

We should do more events to help others so all for putting it up but trying to get raids sorted atm so might be difficult as everyone is still getting used to the Calendar system.

58 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Didn't have to wait long - 2nd PE so about 20 minutes.

We should do more events to help others so all for putting it up but trying to get raids sorted atm so might be difficult as everyone is still getting used to the Calendar system.

How long does the Whisper challenge take...just thinking if it’s much shorter than a raid we might be able to do it 2 or 3 times in an evening?

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You jammy git!!

I went in solo last night to practice jumping on my Hunter and I was fighting enemies with 15 mins to spare so should be easily doable.

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

9 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

How long does the Whisper challenge take...just thinking if it’s much shorter than a raid we might be able to do it 2 or 3 times in an evening?

Its a 20 minute mission but the waiting for a Taken Public Event is the issue. We'll see how we get on as beating Calus with you is the main priority. As it was originally going to be a Prestige raid run, it would be nice to do that but i appreciate that we'd probably ask someone like Rob whos been waiting for one. Lets see what the score is later 🖒

5 hours ago, Bluebear said:

You jammy git!!

I went in solo last night to practice jumping on my Hunter and I was fighting enemies with 15 mins to spare so should be easily doable.

I do think it's the jumping thats the tricky part. Although knowing the best way to kill ads in the 2nd room helps i.e. go to the right lane and start there.

2 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Check this out!

Done on a PC apparently...does that make a lot of difference?

It does, yeah.
You save like three minutes on just swapping equipment in your menus.
Recoil is also non-existent on PC, so optimal DPS and anything that requires headshots to proc is a lot easier. 

Still impressive as all hell when I first saw this, especially with how close he cut it. And I'm sure a better person than I can do it on console, it's just tough as shit right now.

As for the normal mode Whisper mission, I feel like I've gotten it down pretty much to a science.
Running everyone through this weekend helped perfect the routing we take.

So much so that for the last run we did, (Rob and I helped Kawalsky1, a clan member, through) we had 8:45 left on the timer.
Granted, it seemed like he knew what he was doing, and he used his super at perfect times. We weren't on mic with him though. It was still an impressive run.

I'm happy to drag a third person through as long as I have another reliable person with me.
Just someone who can get to the enemies around the same time that I do. Usually I've been almost clearing the first room all alone.

As for the normal mode Whisper mission, I feel like I've gotten it down pretty much to a science.
Running everyone through this weekend helped perfect the routing we take.

So much so that for the last run we did, (Rob and I helped Kawalsky1, a clan member, through) we had 8:45 left on the timer.
Granted, it seemed like he knew what he was doing, and he used his super at perfect times. We weren't on mic with him though. It was still an impressive run.

I'm happy to drag a third person through as long as I have another reliable person with me.
Just someone who can get to the enemies around the same time that I do. Usually I've been almost clearing the first room all alone.
We could try something different if you like Hector? What about we put an event out that is on one entire evening? We could then continue to run it with everyone that needs it perhaps?

I'd love to help more of the clan around. People like Mazzer and Gary, etc who plays this a shed load but may not have it yet.

Just a thought but I'm happy to try and be that 2nd person. Equally, I think theres some really good candidates to help you do it as well.

I would've loved to give this a go but sadly it wasn't to be. I just didn't have enough time this weekend and last night I was fucking knackered after stuffing my face with an epic roast so it wasn't on the cards. I'll definitely give it a go next time it comes around though.

I was chatting to @Plumbers Crack about the exotics I want to see returned, there are four of them, Zhalo, Arse Breaker, Jelly and Truth. Some of my funniest moments in D1 were watching those goddamn fucking Truth rockets chase people around corners. I could almost taste their panic, people bumping in to walls n shit, it was hilarious. 

Oh and I want the Colony. That also looks like it's an absolute cunt in PVP so I need one.

banlol.png

3 hours ago, Diddums said:

I would've loved to give this a go but sadly it wasn't to be. I just didn't have enough time this weekend and last night I was fucking knackered after stuffing my face with an epic roast so it wasn't on the cards. I'll definitely give it a go next time it comes around though.

I was chatting to @Plumbers Crack about the exotics I want to see returned, there are four of them, Zhalo, Arse Breaker, Jelly and Truth. Some of my funniest moments in D1 were watching those goddamn fucking Truth rockets chase people around corners. I could almost taste their panic, people bumping in to walls n shit, it was hilarious. 

Oh and I want the Colony. That also looks like it's an absolute cunt in PVP so I need one.

They've confirmed they won't bring back the Jellyhorn.

However, The Colony is right up your

street you fine looking troll, you.

Like fuck they won't. It'll be in a DLC at some point and used as a pawn to drive more sales. I give it a year, you mark my words. It'll be called something bullshitty like "Son of Gjallerhorn" or something but it'll return. You watch and see.

banlol.png

Heads up everyone.

You should see that I've added some "support times" on for this weekend to help people go and get the Whisper for themselves.

I'll be around one of the nights at least (maybe after GTA Friday too) so please take a chance to get some support this weekend.

Equally, if people like @Horrible_Hector can support and help out on those nights so other FGers get their reward I think this is the best way to do it.

So:

- Go and RSVP to it if you haven't got one yet

- comment on the event when you're likely to be around

- stick your approx. Power Level up too (so we know what runners may be needed)

I hope this solution works for most of you people. Good Luck FG!

8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

They've confirmed they won't bring back the Jellyhorn.

However, The Colony is right up your

street you fine looking troll, you.

I think l haz the Colony in my vault....must give it a try next time I’m on

Thanks to Hector and Rob for getting Plumbrodders and me through this....I wouldn't say these guys are good but they finished the run before either of us fired a shot in anger!!😂😂

Apparently, there is now an item on the selection page to run the heroic at anytime so we can use this as a practice for the jumping!!

Thanks to Hector and Rob for getting Plumbrodders and me through this....I wouldn't say these guys are good but they finished the run before either of us fired a shot in anger!![emoji23][emoji23]

Apparently, there is now an item on the selection page to run the heroic at anytime so we can use this as a practice for the jumping!!
Glad to see the support runs working as they should - nice one Hector and Rob.

I'll be around tonight for anyone that needs help with the mission.

And definitely practice the jumping now you can enter the mission Dave! [emoji23]🖒