Active gaming members.

I was going to post in the GTA thread, but it goes a bit wider than just that game.  I absolutely love the community we have here.  I love the people, and we have a fun.  The biggest frustration I have is there just aren't enough people.  We don't have enough members to get a regular 6 stack for OW for example.  I'm thinking we should maybe try and pull new membership in?  Maybe advertise on LFG's etc.  I appreciate some people are having a bit of down time or whatever, but the primary purpose of a gaming community should be to bring people together to play games.  Our PC gaming community is pretty weak sauce too, and we have so many people with PC's.  

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

9 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

I was going to post in the GTA thread, but it goes a bit wider than just that game.  I absolutely love the community we have here.  I love the people, and we have a fun.  The biggest frustration I have is there just aren't enough people.  We don't have enough members to get a regular 6 stack for OW for example.  I'm thinking we should maybe try and pull new membership in?  Maybe advertise on LFG's etc.  I appreciate some people are having a bit of down time or whatever, but the primary purpose of a gaming community should be to bring people together to play games.  Our PC gaming community is pretty weak sauce too, and we have so many people with PC's.  

You know I'm with you.

I'll keep it short - the irony of this is that we need current FGers to get behind these awesome rally calls and do what you've said. To do that, they need to interact. Here. Other FG places. But they gotta stop being lazy.

We forget here sometimes and thats cool. Life happens. But this place deserves lots of love so people need to remember that. Effort and quality ratio of FG stuff to active members is disproportionate. I'd love that to change. I think we all would, right?

So yeah. Get on the case yourself dude and tell them all! ❤

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

35 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Our PC gaming community is pretty weak sauce too, and we have so many people with PC's.  

We're on almost every day. (I specially play about 2 hours each day during UK times) Just not the Forever Gaming Discord server, I'm spread throughout many depending on the game. I try to hop on or message folks when I see y'all in a channel but yeah, that's a ghost town. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

The irony of this being that I bump a thread every single Friday on OcUK to get folks to join us for GTA races, we already have quite a few who do and there are more coming over time. We can't then move the goalposts on the day it's meant to happen and also move the chat system, that's too many hurdles and a lot of "meh, fuck it" will ensue, so although changing games would probably be a good thing, we need to come up with something else and cast it in stone with enough notice. I don't want to recruit folks only for them to come online and we're all playing a game they don't have, or they can't hear us because we're on a different chat server. 

Here's today's bump:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31973712/

I also post on Barryboys (they want you to go play CoD with them @crispymorgan btw) and if I find more places to recruit, I will. 

If we want more members then we need to ensure that they come online to a community they can play with. 

banlol.png

17 minutes ago, Diddums said:

The irony of this being that I bump a thread every single Friday on OcUK to get folks to join us for GTA races, we already have quite a few who do and there are more coming over time. We can't then move the goalposts on the day it's meant to happen and also move the chat system, that's too many hurdles and a lot of "meh, fuck it" will ensue, so although changing games would probably be a good thing, we need to come up with something else and cast it in stone with enough notice. I don't want to recruit folks only for them to come online and we're all playing a game they don't have, or they can't hear us because we're on a different chat server. 

Here's today's bump:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31973712/

I also post on Barryboys (they want you to go play CoD with them @crispymorgan btw) and if I find more places to recruit, I will. 

If we want more members then we need to ensure that they come online to a community they can play with. 

Exactly. Don't get confused though, as I'll never say Discord for console chat. Its too hard work. But definitely discord for cards against humanity.

I suppose the only thing to consider for discord is, if we have 16-20 on gta and someone disconnects, unless you have their phone number for whatsapp, discord can just be used the same way.

Getting active members is all about supporting FG channels of discussion AND event nights when possible.

We wouldn't be talking about this if we made multiple game nights across different games btw. 

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb