Need views on GTA Fridays

To say that this has been a raging success is a bit of an understatement, this game managed to single handedly get more members online at the same time than Density 1 did.

That said, peeps are getting burned out on it which is to be expected. I want to solve this.

We can either quit it altogether and find something else which puts us in a crap position as not many games can have the amount of players that GTA can in the same party. Then there's the issue of us buying the game for folks or convincing them to buy it, I don't want peeps to think they've wasted their money.

So we can restrict it to an hour or two every Friday, move it to a fortnightly gig or even a monthly gig and have other games on a Friday night rotation but this doesn't eliminate the party size problem, so if you know of any games which can accommodate 20 odd players together, I'm all ears. 

Then there's Discord. I appreciate the flexibility and handiness of it but it's a PC thing, not a console thing. Not everyone who hops in to game nights has a headset with two inputs so for them they have to choose between console or PC, which I think we can all agree is a crap decision in that situation. Discord can by all means be used on non-scheduled nights when we can just fuck around and do whatever, but we cannot demand others to use it just because some of us prefer it. I am also constantly stealing players from OCUK which is great but we can't to changing the game or rules every Friday.

I need suggestions. Go. what

banlol.png

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Diddums said:

To say that this has been a raging success is a bit of an understatement, this game managed to single handedly get more members online at the same time than Density 1 did.

That said, peeps are getting burned out on it which is to be expected. I want to solve this.

We can either quit it altogether and find something else which puts us in a crap position as not many games can have the amount of players that GTA can in the same party. Then there's the issue of us buying the game for folks or convincing them to buy it, I don't want peeps to think they've wasted their money.

So we can restrict it to an hour or two every Friday, move it to a fortnightly gig or even a monthly gig and have other games on a Friday night rotation but this doesn't eliminate the party size problem, so if you know of any games which can accommodate 20 odd players together, I'm all ears. 

Then there's Discord. I appreciate the flexibility and handiness of it but it's a PC thing, not a console thing. Not everyone who hops in to game nights has a headset with two inputs so for them they have to choose between console or PC, which I think we can all agree is a crap decision in that situation. Discord can by all means be used on non-scheduled nights when we can just fuck around and do whatever, but we cannot demand others to use it just because some of us prefer it. I am also constantly stealing players from OCUK which is great but we can't to changing the game or rules every Friday.

I need suggestions. Go. what

When I set up GTA Fridays it was the start of trying to get a regular schedule for FG. Every week will always prove difficult for some people but having a fixed night it something I've always been keen on as people remember 'its game night'. Its okay if people miss a week because its designed for anyone to join but a core group is always needed.

I for one will always try to be there, more so now to support FG and for the amazing banter but I know I Don't want to play every week.

If I'm honest, people need to embrace giving things a go. I posted in the GTA racing thread foe more ideas on different modes because nearly all want to jump on do stuff but its easier for someone to organise. We should take that on ourselves to organise but need input or Didds' post happens. There's so much to do on the game but we need to be told once in a while whats there. We don't know it all.

Tldr

- I'm one for keeping regularity

- Maybe push to fortnightly

- More input is required

- More willingness to trial and error is required

- More game are needed

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Re Discord. Its for PC games, not console imo. But as we get more games going we should use our server. Its what its there for. And the largest growing chat service for games there is. You know what i think about whatsapp but I cba with that battle again.

Game chat has to be used for console for +8 players. GTAs isn't that bad. Use discord when ppl need to get hold of each other quickly.

Re OCUK guys. @Diddums awesome work to get a few to game with us. I think what would stem more games and more activity is if they talked here. You can't force them though so its a double-edged sword. It is a little disappointing however there is more engagement in that thread than here. Especially when its an FG night, not an OCUK one.

That being said, nothing to do woth your awesome work at spreading the love Didds. Its more a factor of what our own FGers are like. Gotta start talking more. Its only one click away on their phone.

I've posted an update in the GTA Racing thread but my takeaway thoughts for this are:

- Weekly still works but you could move to fortnightly (don't think you need to though)

- You don't have to play every week but clearly the more there are the better

- 2ish hours seems more like what you could. People starting to get burned out / wanting to llay something else. 8 til 10 next time perhaps?

- The NASCAR races still are awesome. Last car destroyed is great. Starting there for a few races always many lolz

- Would've been nice to see the new guys saying hi here and giving views on what to change next time