Getting a Dreamcast

Sennex

A game store near me sells old systems, most are rebuilt by the owner.

He is selling a few Dreamcasts for $70, and I was thinking of getting one. I was curious what you all have seen out there as far as refurbed pricing for one.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I think you could find one a little cheaper on eBay @Sennex. I've still got my original one but if I hadn't I would've took a punt on one there. Guarantees are good but most old consoles tend to be pretty solid and I've never bought any of my consoles with a guarantee.

What I would say is you may just need to invest in another aerial or maybe even an older TV. Mine works currently but it sometimes can flip out on screen which I believe is to do with the TV more so.

You have to get Crazy Taxi if you do btw.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Blue Stinger, House of the Dead, and Soul Caliber are my games!

Never actually played Crazy taxi

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Crazy Taxi was awesome! I also had the epic Shenmue, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Sonic Adventure, Hidden and Dangerous, Aerowings, Soul Calibur, House of the Dead 2 w/lightgun, UEFA Striker, Virtua Tennis, Metropolis Street Racer, Ferrari F355 Challenge, Tokyo Xtreme Racer plus more that I can't remember.

I'm still searching for an original version of Half Life which was unreleased on the console despite some copies being produced. One of my friends spent a fortune on a copy from a former writer at a UK magazine who still had possession of the game when it was cancelled despite the full game being sent out to reviewers. 

7 hours ago, Sennex said:

Blue Stinger, House of the Dead, and Soul Caliber are my games!

Never actually played Crazy taxi

Soul Caliber on the DreamCast was possibly one of the best games ever on that console. The world quests were so well made. A multiplayer game that I loved as well but only played split screen was Outtrigger. Look it up if you can.

What I never got around to trying properly was the Visual Memory Cards. They looked like Tamagochis which back in the day were like golddust.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What I never got around to trying properly was the Visual Memory Cards. They looked like Tamagochis which back in the day were like golddust.

Yeah, those things were interesting but I don't think developers found much use for them in the end. Bit strange at the time that a 128bit console would have some gimmick like that and there just weren't much use for them other than a storage device.