Scorn - the new Faction

Sennex

https://www.vg247.com/2018/07/16/destiny-2-forsaken-the-scorn-enemy-faction/

One of the most interesting additions coming to Destiny 2 with the Forsaken expansion is the new enemy faction: The Scorn.

In the Destiny 2 lore, The Scorn are Fallen who have been reanimated. The Scorn don’t just look different from traditional Fallen, they also have completely new move sets.

In a new video from Game Informer, Bungie explains that the intent was to make all the different Scorn types more aggressive than anything else in the game.

One of the more interesting new enemy types is the Chieftain, who each spawn a different totem that comes with a different effect. The Solar totem spits out fire all around it, blocking your path, whereas the Void totem grants shields to nearby enemies.

Similar to the Chieftain, the Barons – the game’s main villains whom you’ll be hunting down in the Forsaken campaign – each bring a particular gimmick to the fight.

In case you missed it, the Game Informer cover story also provided some great new details, such as this look at all the nine new supers.

For more on Forsaken, check out this story for everything we know so far.

Destiny 2: Forsaken is out September 4 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I'm really glad they put some effort into making a brand new enemy race. Yes, from a lore perspective they're dead Fallen, however other than that the way that the new enemies work are completely new. I think the devs got a battering and they had to bring a new race even though the Lore technically states they'll only ever be 5 races (the last one we haven't seen being The Darkness).

The one with the Lantern as the crit spot and that it spins it quicker as it gets to you is a great idea. Also the Totems are a different way to play against enemies as creates buffs and different shields for the enemies. The Void one could be a nightmare to play against I imagine.

4 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

It's not a lazy recycle/recolor. I am happy. 

This is what I hoped you'd say 😂

The only thing so far I have seen thst looks recycled is potential the Fallen Walker but it has a different shield on it. Suppose we'll have to wait to see what differences that has.

As all the Barons are Scorn too, I'm really hoping the Baron Missions turn into replayable strike-type missions. Lots more variety in how Scorn react from what is shown in the video. Positive stuff.