PS4 - Lag Spikes with Good Internet?

Dan94

Powerlines are what I use as I just don't have that trust in wifi for games. Hardwired will always be the better option. They're not that expensive either.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Which do you have mate?
TP Link ones as they seem the most cost effective ones. I think mine were about 40/50 quid.

Not had any problems with mine - however @Diddums or @crispymorgan might say that there are better makes available.

Just ran a Speedtest on ps4

ping 15ms

download 52.83

upload 9.29

im currently Home alone with no one else on the internet and I’m still getting lag spikes on cod :(

1 hour ago, Dan94 said:

Just ran a Speedtest on ps4

ping 15ms

download 52.83

upload 9.29

im currently Home alone with no one else on the internet and I’m still getting lag spikes on cod :(

15ms ping is good but depends if you’re connecting to a local server or one on another continent when you play!

I’m at the limit of my knowledge now so you might try this link and possibly others may have a few suggestions 

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Improving-Lag-and-In-game-Performance-in-Call-of-Duty-WWII

Good luck Dan!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

3 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

15ms ping is good but depends if you’re connecting to a local server or one on another continent when you play!

I’m at the limit of my knowledge now so you might try this link and possibly others may have a few suggestions 

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Improving-Lag-and-In-game-Performance-in-Call-of-Duty-WWII

Good luck Dan!

I think Ill have to try and find my home adapaters and try a wired connection and see if that helps at all

I just created a static IP for my PS4 and port forwarded all the recommended ports for PS4 games and that improved the download speed to 85mb so was hopeful, but still getting the lag

Might just say stuff it and trade in for PS4 Pro :(

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:

That might not cure the problem Dan, if the problem is your internet connection

Not sure what else I can do internet wise though :(

So I wired up my homeplugs yesterday and, so far, it seems to have done the trick...

Going to have a sesh tonight with some old school friends on COD and party chat so will test to the limit but hopefully its now been solved...

4 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

So I wired up my homeplugs yesterday and, so far, it seems to have done the trick...

Going to have a sesh tonight with some old school friends on COD and party chat so will test to the limit but hopefully its now been solved...

Nice work. They've worked for a long time for me anyway so hope you can get some good games in tonight. Which ones did you go for in the end?

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Nice work. They've worked for a long time for me anyway so hope you can get some good games in tonight. Which ones did you go for in the end?

Cant remember what they are now but just some old ones I got 2 years ago from PC World to see the difference with wired. TP Link 300mbps is all I can remember

Cant remember what they are now but just some old ones I got 2 years ago from PC World to see the difference with wired. TP Link 300mbps is all I can remember
TP Link seem to be the value for money ones as I have them so hopefully no more problems? Just remember that you may have to switch them off every now and again just like your router to reset the signal.

31 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, Dan94 said:

TP Link seem to be the value for money ones as I have them so hopefully no more problems? Just remember that you may have to switch them off every now and again just like your router to reset the signal.

Yeah all good mate. Just need to buy some ones with a socket on the outside so don't have to keep unplugging them to plug other things in :lol: