Bounties

GazzaGarratt

They are returning next week on July 17th!

From the TWAB this week:

"The bounties returning to Destiny 2in Update 1.2.3 are a return to most of the properties of bounties in The Taken King. They will be obtained from a variety of vendors, they will generally award XP and faction reputation (though some will offer even better rewards), and can be redeemed “in the field” to immediately claim your rewards. In Forsaken, you may also see some bounties drop in the wild.

There are two new mechanics. Bounties will expire if left uncompleted, and acquiring them will cost a small amount of Glimmer. We wanted to avoid the “grab every bounty you see until your inventory is packed and sort them out later” experience without constraining players to the tiny inventory they found in previous iterations of the game.

In Forsaken, more vendors will have more bounties on offer, and some will provide Legendary (or better) rewards for completing them."

Great new to hear that when they say 'Bounties drop in the wild' they are referring to Exotic Bounties and other more progressional bounties. Nice to see them try to combat the grabbing of any bounty - ultimately we have to see how it is implemented but also good to hear it won't just be giving out XP as there should be guns drop as well.

This isn't all the detail as they want you to find out more stuff in game.

I think as these will be at most vendors the Prismatic Facet will be going away, so likely to get more Bright Engram.

Really hope World Vendors get bounties too. Hoping they'll also link to Adventures to engage in replayability.

Any types of bounties are you looking for?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Seems like you get 4 Vanguard tokens per bounty. Not much but some help for that rank 50 grind
Its a real big help tbh.

Current thoughts on them:

- Nice to get additional XP and Tokens
- Helps rank 50 grind
- disappointing not to see more variety
- also disappointed to not see more than Crucible and Vanguard ones

I know more is coming as they have on purpose stated you'll get some Exotic ones and when Forsaken drops the Vendor called The Spider will give you Outlaw bounties increasing in difficulty.

Just felt like Faction Rally could've been supported by them at each vendor. Getting to Rank 50 with a new faction in a week its a grind in itself.

So in typical D2 fashion you get fuck all for them, no surprise there. Still, it's something to do I guess, now we need synths to make a comeback and we'll be on the right path. 

banlol.png

20 minutes ago, Diddums said:

True, both of you. I'll say this much:

Leigh's loyalty is alarming. 

However, I must admit I've been enjoying it again after a fairly long hiatus. 

It is true. They added it back. Should've had it in the first place.

My PMA pulls me through. At the end of the day, its just a game. They fucked up and now its back. You can either moan about it or just play it and enjoy we get stuff we wanted back.

This game has so much potential because of the easy access to it and whatever anyone says its still a solid shooter. And PvE at that. If we could just have more activities with larger fireteams than 3 this would be amazing.

Back to bounties. They need to be harder and worth more. Its still 'pick them up and don't think about them, they'll be completed anyway'. They know this and I'm hoping the world vendors get bounties like Forsaken new vendors.