Moments of Triumph

GazzaGarratt

Year 1 Triumphs have gone live from Bungie Day (7/7) which you can access on the Companion App or on Bungie.net.

Looks like there's 400 points up for grabs and split into certain sections. There are main D2 targets, most of which are the collectibles.

You then have other key objectives from the Solstice of Heroes Event that starts on July 31st, which is also the time when the rewards through getting points will unlock.

The rewards are:

Exclusive Ghost - 125 Points

Unlock for Moments of Triumph Shirt - 250 Points

Exclusive Sparrow - 300 Points

'Eternally Triumphant' Emblem - 400 Points

I've always enjoyed these completion style activities. Last time out they didn't offer anything other than a shirt (which you have to buy so its nice to see a few in-game incentives to collect.

It all ends October 1st I think but that's a little confusing as the Solstice event is on until August 28th.

Quite a number of things to collect and explore as a fireteam together (like region chests) so hopefully they'll be a few on to run around with.

Who's up for this?

So far what I can see, there are the following objectives:

- Finish D2 Campaign
- Finish Osiris Campaign
- Finish Warmind Campaign
- Collect all 45 Data Fragments on Mars
- Obtain at least 25 Exotics (Armour & Weapons combined)
- Obtain Sagira's Ghost (Grind all Osiris' weapons)
- Reach Rank 50 with the Vanguard (Complete Heroic and Nightfall Strikes - Zavala vendor)
- Collect all Region Chests (68 to find)
- Defeat 100 Crucible Opponents
- Complete 20 Adventures
- Complete one Escalation Protocol
- Reach Legend Rank in Valor (Quickplay) in Season 3
- Complete Leviathan
- Complete the Raid Lairs

There's 6 more hidden ones. One in the Activities section which is probably another treaure type hunt with Solstice. The others are specifically on the Event section - possibly a few PvE and PvP based on the colour of the emblems.

I've got to run Spire of Stars and grind some serious Crucible and Vanguard rep (about halfway on both). Just a few collectibles outside of that for now. 
Very similar to me Nolan, I had a night on Crucible with the 3x Valor on so that's helped a bunch.

Heroic Strikes are the grind though.

Same, I've got shedloads of grinding to do. Just hit rank 16 with the Vanguard tonight; the Vanguard gift tokens help slightly, just have to keep remembering to use them! Forgot to do so for two strikes tonight...

Crucible isn't so bad, hit rank 5 and reset and halfway through rank 2 now, all thanks to 3x Valor at the weekend. Gonna try and get the ghost but not fussed if I don't. I have the Triumph for Crucible at least.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

Same, I've got shedloads of grinding to do. Just hit rank 16 with the Vanguard tonight; the Vanguard gift tokens help slightly, just have to keep remembering to use them! Forgot to do so for two strikes tonight...

Crucible isn't so bad, hit rank 5 and reset and halfway through rank 2 now, all thanks to 3x Valor at the weekend. Gonna try and get the ghost but not fussed if I don't. I have the Triumph for Crucible at least.

Via the FG App

Yeah, I did a few hours last night too. I completely forgot, is that the boon that you can buy from Zavala that drops 5 extra tokens?

I'll happily go for that Crucible Ghost too if you are. Quite at Legend rank yet but can't be far away now.
Think I’m on 120 points. Got lots of latent memories to find. Long haul to vanguard but I’m on 35 so better than some!
Good going Bob! I'm only on 100. What stuff have you got left to do other than memories? Exploring around Mars it is then [emoji38]

Via the FG App

Yeah, I did a few hours last night too. I completely forgot, is that the boon that you can buy from Zavala that drops 5 extra tokens?

I'll happily go for that Crucible Ghost too if you are. Quite at Legend rank yet but can't be far away now.
Think I’m on 120 points. Got lots of latent memories to find. Long haul to vanguard but I’m on 35 so better than some!
Good going Bob! I'm only on 100. What stuff have you got left to do other than memories? Exploring around Mars it is then [emoji38]

Got a load of stuff to do but working on my “lower character” at the moment...haven’t finished original story yet but, waiting for Mazz and Gary, I’ve been doing public events, Crucible and milestones so I’m L20 P353 😂😊 really got to get the dlc packs done!!

Need to attempt my first raid as well 😎

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Saw this on Reddit this morning, but apparently you only need rank 3 in Valor to complete the triumph. In the app it still says to reach "Legend" which is rank 5. I'm currently rank 4 and mine is checked off and says completed 3/3. So that's a significant reduction in Crucible grind.

Saw this on Reddit this morning, but apparently you only need rank 3 in Valor to complete the triumph. In the app it still says to reach "Legend" which is rank 5. I'm currently rank 4 and mine is checked off and says completed 3/3. So that's a significant reduction in Crucible grind.
That's handy to know. Hopefully not far to go for me then.

Also, does anyone know how many Vanguard tokens you get for a Nightfall?!Rank 50 grind is a bitch.

Not sure about nightfalls but one thing that helps some is buying Vanguard gift tokens from Zavala. They only give you 5 rep tokens but that's a free level every four strikes. Also I think every player in the fireteam can use one per strike so that adds up

Not sure about nightfalls but one thing that helps some is buying Vanguard gift tokens from Zavala. They only give you 5 rep tokens but that's a free level every four strikes. Also I think every player in the fireteam can use one per strike so that adds up
Well I was going to grind them all last night and group up with you but PSN was literally down for the whole night. Annoying AF.

As I haven't gamed in weeks all this new shit feels a bit overwhelming. 
And it seems I'm down to weekend gaming only from now on so not sure how much I will take in/get to complete. 
Tbh this will play into your hands as there is a lot of points on offer for exploration activities. So if you can only pop on for an hour, set yourself a goal to get some Region Chests. There's a lot to find and they are always in the same place (symbols are on the map). This will give you some head start befofe the event comes at the end of the month.

Rank 50 is getting the boost we expected as Bounties from Zavala drop Vanguard tokens. 5 Bounties a day and most give tokens which is a great help. I'm Rank 26 now - on the home stretch [emoji23]