WANTED | A Video Guru

Morning all, I feel this is something I need to discuss now with everyone. I haven’t run this by Lee yet but figured he’d be up for it. Basically I’m going to be away for months at a time from August onwards, unfortunately I’m not able to talk about what I’m doing but this will mean that videos from me will dry up. I’m currently trying to make a backlog of videos so I have something to post over the next 6 months but we could really do with another video guru.

There’s never any pressure to make videos, I only do it because I enjoy it and hope that others enjoy them too. If anyone fancies giving it a crack then let me know, I can supply some editing software to whom ever fancies it.

Another option is I make about 50 videos before August and leave them for you guys to upload but I’d rather not kill myself before going away 😄

Let me know what you guys think about this.

❤️

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

........unfortunately I’m not able to talk about what I’m doing......

❤️

Tronic44 aka Rich aka International Jetsetter and Man Of Mystery!! 😂😂 

Hope it involves another Oscar dude! Don’t forget us and check in occasionally. 😘

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

1 minute ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Tronic44 aka Rich aka International Jetsetter and Man Of Mystery!! 😂😂 

Hope it involves another Oscar dude! Don’t forget us and check in occasionally. 😘

I'd never forget you guys, i still plan on posting on here as often as i can. I'm also going to see if i can get a ps4 written into my contract somewhere 😂

For me it's more about letting other forumers have a go. I know some do, like Cap'n Lingerie, so maybe encourage everyone to have a go...

Either way, I'll start making vids, solo PC stuff mostly but anytime I'm on with someone else is good too as Discord audio gets picked up.

I play a fairly wide range of games so maybe I can do some intros or "let's plays" for some of the games console folk don't have access to.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

14 hours ago, Diddums said:

I like videos too.

Maybe one day I'll actually come out of retirement and make a new one. I miss watching my PC render for billions of hours.

You need to rebuild your PC first with your new pennies. But yes, you need to. WE NEED MORE VIDS

I said I'd start doing vids at some point so I suppose I should get my arse in gear.

It would help if I knew about any particular game folk want to see, or would watch.

I thought maybe I could make vids to begin with, of games forumers don't play but would be interested to find out more.

Forumers also need to make an effort and watch the content.

To that end, I'll start with the games I play most and then games based on feedback. No feedback means no vids.

I'll most likely look at the following games for my first vid (but if you have a request, let me know):

Hunt: Showdown

Arma 3

DayZ

Escape From Tarkov

Star Citizen

I also thought that - as well as doing solo vids - we could do co-ops. Watching some of @Diddums old vids, for example he'd be an excellent partner for anyone. Or the time I played Sea of Thieves with Lee, Lee would be another excellent person to co-op with.

Rich and I are playing Raft at the moment, plus Borderlands 2 (which I'm streaming on Twitch) and we'll do something with that footage too.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I have made some before for various work functions, non FG but my only experience has been with IMovie. Your beginning intro bits are the impressive part. If I can get a copy of the FG intro video I can tack some together here and there in the interim. Also is there another, affordable, program I could use?

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I said I'd start doing vids at some point so I suppose I should get my arse in gear.

It would help if I knew about any particular game folk want to see, or would watch.

I thought maybe I could make vids to begin with, of games forumers don't play but would be interested to find out more.

Forumers also need to make an effort and watch the content.

To that end, I'll start with the games I play most and then games based on feedback. No feedback means no vids.

I'll most likely look at the following games for my first vid (but if you have a request, let me know):

Hunt: Showdown

Arma 3

DayZ

Escape From Tarkov

Star Citizen

I also thought that - as well as doing solo vids - we could do co-ops. Watching some of @Diddums old vids, for example he'd be an excellent partner for anyone. Or the time I played Sea of Thieves with Lee, Lee would be another excellent person to co-op with.

Rich and I are playing Raft at the moment, plus Borderlands 2 (which I'm streaming on Twitch) and we'll do something with that footage too.

I've loved the co-op idea for some time now and I think it was @crispymorgan that said get a few cameras of the 2 or more people on the same stream it would work amazingly well imo.

I agree with all you said too. Start with your games and eventually we do need more montages as that stems more people playing games and getting their view into them.

3 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

I have made some before for various work functions, non FG but my only experience has been with IMovie. Your beginning intro bits are the impressive part. If I can get a copy of the FG intro video I can tack some together here and there in the interim. Also is there another, affordable, program I could use?

Rich is the best to answer regarding software. The intros he can get over to you. Start getting some content together so you can put the extras on when you get them.

Great to hear you're both up for it!

I'll help when I get enough to sort my PC monitor and other essentials for this out later in the year if I can save up enough.

17 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

I've sent you a PM with a link to the intro and outro.

In terms of software, what type of money do you want to spend? I use Sony Movie Platinum Suite 14 or 15, 14 is on sale on Amazon for $34.99.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14

Unfortunately it's not that cheap for us Brits, although you can pick up a simplified version for cheap.

Vegas Movie Studio 15

On 7/25/2018 at 8:44 AM, tronic44 said:

I've sent you a PM with a link to the intro and outro.

In terms of software, what type of money do you want to spend? I use Sony Movie Platinum Suite 14 or 15, 14 is on sale on Amazon for $34.99.

Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14

Unfortunately it's not that cheap for us Brits, although you can pick up a simplified version for cheap.

Vegas Movie Studio 15

Whats the big differences between 14 & 15 Rich? I need to start making a list of stuff that I need and want for all this  video lark.

I don't really like promoting piracy but I make an exception for a few things. Pirate a copy of Sony Vegas, you won't get that level of functionality for less than £600. Due to it being quite possibly the most pirated piece of software ever YouTube is absolutely stuffed with tutorials, it's how I learned to use it back in the day. Adobe Premiere is also quite popular but due to it being unpirateable there are fuck all tutorials on the tube and all the ones on there are far too advanced for noobs like me, they all assume I make a living with it already.

For recording software I found Fraps to be the best. It's an absolute pig for resources and loves chewing through RAM but if you have a decent PC it can't be beat. I tried loads and although most of the others were much less intensive, they sacrificed image quality and / or sound. If you want Fraps let me know as I have a paid up account so can download whenever.

For voice recording you wanna use Audacity, very easy to use, loads of options and this means you'll have separate audio and video files so you can edit to your heart's content. It's also free. 

Anyone who says you need to spend big bucks on hardware is talking shit. My old vlogs were all recorded on my Samsung Galaxy S3, sound and video, and the quality was fantastic. 

Rendering takes ages so try plan it to let your PC do it overnight. I dunno if GPU rendering is decent nowadays but when I tried it it fucked up every single time, a pain in the arse when you leave it overnight only to find it's failed in the morning.

I'll add more to this as I think of it.

banlol.png

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you record using Nvidia's Geforce Experience. You can record live or press a key and it will save the last 20 minutes played.

I also stream to Twitch this way.

In fact, I'll probably make vids from Twitch streams. I've been testing some settings today, to get the best quality.

To stream 1080p at 60fps, a bitrate of 4.5 - 6 Mbps is apparently the sweet spot for Twitch, so I have adjusted mine today. I'm still using my Astros solely for the PS4 but I'm thinking of using them on the PC now, just for better quality sound and mic.

I've been streaming a little bit of the Call of Chernobyl mod for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. at lunchtime  and I've fallen back in love with the game. I may do some more streaming and then use the footage for a youtube vid.

@Diddums you are one of those guys who is a natural and you need to get back to talking over vidya games on YouTube. Srsly. I was watching one of your old DayZ mod vids recently, pure quality :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've been recording Stalker on Twitch this week. Mostly playing with audio settings.

The final broadcast was about 45 minutes long and I think the audio is finally getting there. I really should start using my Astros though.

I'm intending to do a Stalker video this weekend from the footage. On the highest settings the game looks good, despite its age.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 7/28/2018 at 12:55 PM, Diddums said:

I don't really like promoting piracy but I make an exception for a few things. Pirate a copy of Sony Vegas, you won't get that level of functionality for less than £600. Due to it being quite possibly the most pirated piece of software ever YouTube is absolutely stuffed with tutorials, it's how I learned to use it back in the day. Adobe Premiere is also quite popular but due to it being unpirateable there are fuck all tutorials on the tube and all the ones on there are far too advanced for noobs like me, they all assume I make a living with it already.

For recording software I found Fraps to be the best. It's an absolute pig for resources and loves chewing through RAM but if you have a decent PC it can't be beat. I tried loads and although most of the others were much less intensive, they sacrificed image quality and / or sound. If you want Fraps let me know as I have a paid up account so can download whenever.

For voice recording you wanna use Audacity, very easy to use, loads of options and this means you'll have separate audio and video files so you can edit to your heart's content. It's also free. 

Anyone who says you need to spend big bucks on hardware is talking shit. My old vlogs were all recorded on my Samsung Galaxy S3, sound and video, and the quality was fantastic. 

Rendering takes ages so try plan it to let your PC do it overnight. I dunno if GPU rendering is decent nowadays but when I tried it it fucked up every single time, a pain in the arse when you leave it overnight only to find it's failed in the morning.

I'll add more to this as I think of it.

What were you rendering / rendering on? I know Fraps doesn’t compress the video and Vegas will have more options than what I use.  However that still seems excessively long.

Using my Elgato to capture PS4 which admittedly does compress the videos as it records.  However I can render out a 10 minute video in about 15-20 minutes.  That was on my old PC, I haven’t tried my new one yet.

Also a tip, download Handbrake to compress video files.  It’s another 10 or so minutes of waiting around but you can reduce file sizes from 8Gb+ to under 2Gb without much loss in quality.  Then upload times to Youtube are massively quicker.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 minute ago, Greboth said:

What were you rendering / rendering on? I know Fraps doesn’t compress the video and Vegas will have more options than what I use.  However that still seems excessively long.

Using my Elgato to capture PS4 which admittedly does compress the videos as it records.  However I can render out a 10 minute video in about 15-20 minutes.  That was on my old PC, I haven’t tried my new one yet.

Also a tip, download Handbrake to compress video files.  It’s another 10 or so minutes of waiting around but you can reduce file sizes from 8Gb+ to under 2Gb without much loss in quality.  Then upload times to Youtube are massively quicker.

I think I tried handbrake a few times and had issues with it, can't remember what it was but it never played nice (we're going back 5 years now tho). I used to render on my trusty 2500k. Maybe I should buy this, should cut my render times down a bit. @GazzaGarratt how much is in the FG fund? Can you buy me that PC? 

banlol.png

I’ve never had a problem with it though I’ve really only used it in the last few years.  I was rendering on a 3770 so not massively more powerful but maybe working with already compressed files helps.  I really don’t know that much about video files.

:lol: @Diddums how did I know you were going go link to that one! Forget that though, go full spec with dual socket threadrippers or xeons, a couple quaddro cards ;) Can the FGFG fund stretch to £50k+?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Slight delay on me making a video. I spent last week streaming STALKER on Twitch with various audio adjustments.

Really wasn’t happy with the sound of my voice. First it was too low in volume and then too distorted.

So, after listening back to the streams, I decided that the quality of the headphone mic was simply not up to the job.

So now I’m finally using my Astro A50s. I had a quick test yesterday and the difference is like night and day. Should have used my Astros ages ago, silly boy.

Plan on having a STALKER video ready by 18 August, sooner if I have time.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Slight delay on me making a video. I spent last week streaming STALKER on Twitch with various audio adjustments.

Really wasn’t happy with the sound of my voice. First it was too low in volume and then too distorted.

So, after listening back to the streams, I decided that the quality of the headphone mic was simply not up to the job.

So now I’m finally using my Astro A50s. I had a quick test yesterday and the difference is like night and day. Should have used my Astros ages ago, silly boy.

Plan on having a STALKER video ready by 18 August, sooner if I have time.

Can't believe it took you so long to try out your Astros! 

banlol.png