Sony Under Fortnite Cross-Platform Pressure

Plumbers Crack

Fuck Epic games.

Not even kidding here, they have been hacked so many times, and they refuse to change their security. Keep in mind this is the company that made the Unreal Engine, which a huge % of FPS games use. They then steal content from those FPS games and then attempt to copyright the shit they stole.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Just as a quick count, it took me 68 emails, between Mar 14th, and June 6th, to get them to delete my account because it had been hacked. The subreddit /r/Epicgames had a few thousand threads all about this before they went and deleted them.

If you follow the official support site on how to fix your account, or even delete it, it literally goes no where. it just cycles back and forth between the FAQ's.

If that sort of support is acceptable to you, then by all means, link all of your accounts and credit cards together, across all of your systems.

I have had better luck with Valve/ Steam support, than I had with Epic games. Its one of the reasons I changed the descriptor of this forum to what it is.

(EDIT: Also EA support and Ubisoft support were better)

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

3 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Although people are asking for this, why would/should Sony do it? They're the current market leaders and it won't benefit them at all.

Or maybe the real question is: Would MS do it if they were currently winning the console race?

i think they would. The reason why is because they already want people to link their PC and XBone accounts, so its not really hard to pass to Nintendo through another API service. Its actually more work on Epic Games to account for that linking than it is on MS or Nintendo's part.

On 6/21/2018 at 1:22 PM, Sennex said:

i think they would. The reason why is because they already want people to link their PC and XBone accounts, so its not really hard to pass to Nintendo through another API service. Its actually more work on Epic Games to account for that linking than it is on MS or Nintendo's part.

I agree! :D

Based on how APIs work its pretty much all on the game developers side. This is purely a block to stop Microsoft getting a firm foot in the door. Nintendo were always going to do it because they aren't in competition with Microsoft.

Cross-play will ultimately impact the next generation console because what is the selling point to buy a Playstation when you've been an Xbox person if all the games you have you will be able to play your mates who buy the Playstation? Eliminate your mates, ypur down to what specifics can the machine do for you - that's where Microsoft are putting effort into making it that entertainment centre and signing contracts with things like discord and LFG services in-built in their console.

Sony would have to create Unique Selling Points that their console can do, to add to the exclusives contracts they already own. I'm not the PS5 is well agead in terms of additional features.