Official FIFA World Cup 2018 Thread

J4MES OX4D

27 minutes ago, ChaosGladiator said:

I’m just wondering how you lot will handle Belgium in the finals after losing to their lesser team in the group stages :P

I think we've got a great shot, don't get me wrong, they're a great team but i'm not overly worried.

Also we're not quite there yet, still got a game to play first :lol:

So first semi final tonight. I don’t care who wins just want lots of red cards, plenty of injuries and extra time (extra chance for red cards and injuries). In an ideal world Griezmann, Mbappe, Hazard and De Byrne will get involved in a tag team royal rumble and all get sent off.

So first semi final tonight. I don’t care who wins just want lots of red cards, plenty of injuries and extra time (extra chance for red cards and injuries). In an ideal world Griezmann, Mbappe, Hazard and De Byrne will get involved in a tag team royal rumble and all get sent off.
Funnily enough I had the exact same thought [emoji38]

Epic Bob! tbh it really doesn't matter now who wins this. One game at a time and it's all about tomorrow!

France 1-0 Belgium FT.

Close game - Belgium had chances and bossed possession but France created quite a lot too and were deadly on the break. They also defended pretty well against a very strong side on paper. Huge blow to Belgium though but they perhaps were a bit cocky and confident at times - they nearly came unstuck against Japan and tonight was always going to be a coin flip unless they could reach their best and I don't think they quite did. 

France's toughest game so far has still be the Australia one😎

No complaints here - we were outclassed and were fortunate to take it to extra time. Second half of normal time we got absolutely battered. Could've won it in the first half but too casual and then the play it backwards negativity crept in and Croatia pounced for the rest of the game as they dominated tactically. Kyle Walker should've been replaced by Gary Cahill and Danny Rose should've come on much sooner as we were just inviting them to create more and more chances. We offered little up front and they comfortably dominated midfield. 

Croatia were definitely the first proper test we've had and tonight proved that we were nowhere near good enough to win it even being so close but it's still a good achievement that we would've been shocked with beforehand. Shame we couldn't at least go one step further with such a presentable chance but with France having a day extra rest and on top of ET tonight; we could've got buttfucked in the final and that would've been worse.  

Fuck, I just realised we got one more shitty game against Belgium again! 

2 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Fuck, I just realised we got one more shitty game against Belgium again! 

The game that neither team or supporters really want....should be kicked into touch

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Well...all I can say is after long bitter experience is that losing to the better team is a damn sight better than losing to cheats or a referee mistake. No bitterness here, well played Croatia and good luck in the final. England you did us proud and you will be welcomed back as hero’s, thanks for three fantastic weeks of optimism and joy.

Not sure quite what to say. Bob summed it up. I'm not going to read any negative stuff that if this and but that. It's what's wrong with our country.

Leave them be as great players that had a right good go.

Ok, I'll say it then. The ref sucked at times not giving England freekicks and corners. 

But why the hell is Sterling starting every match?! He's totally useless, thinking he can do everything on his own. Egosentric moron. And why didn't Kane play tonight? Oh wait... 

Now I hope France win it. 

12 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

But why the hell is Sterling starting every match?! He's totally useless, thinking he can do everything on his own. Egosentric moron.

It was a tough decision with Sterling for Southgate - on the one hand he hadn't scored and missed several presentable chances particularly against weaker opposition but on the other, he was an active threat and there was always that chance he would score a crucial goal. As soon as he became tired last night; that allowed Croatia to play much higher up the field which forced Harry Kane so sit deeper which pretty much written us off as an attacking threat. He definitely played a credible part yesterday even though nothing much came off for him and when he was taken off, we offered very little even with fresh legs. 

Just wished he could replicate the form he achieves in a Man City shirt - I know he gets carried by World Class players there but I would expect better from him with his experience now. I fear he may go the same way as Walcott and simply never improve or maximise his potential. 

Rashford had several opportunities when he came on but vanished a bit after that. Kane was totally rubbish.

Club and country is so different. Just look at Messi. Utter crap on Argentina. That's why he will never leave Barca. People would then see that he isn't all that without his world class teammates. 

I don't really want to think or have much talk about what could've been better. We over analyse things in England far too much and are very critical 99% of the time. No one is perfect and the team that wins the World Cup won't be perfect either.

For once, I just want people to leave it where we got to, be proud and get behind the team again.

Also, at the same time we mustn't go stupid with our predictions and say 'we'll win the next 3 tournaments otherwise its a disgrace'.

I'm going to watch the 3rd place play-off and cheering them on.

Belgium 2-0 England in the Brexit derby. 

We played well second half and the result was somewhat flattering although Belgium can turn their brilliance on in an instant whereas we really had to grind to create opportunities. Got off to a bad start and the first half was extremely flat. Surprised to see Sterling selected once again but it was great to see Loftus-Cheek get another run and he looks dangerous throughout.  Kane looked knackered and he really could do with a playmaker like Eriksen behind him - shame we don't have someone like Scholes or Gerrard right now as he doesn't carry the same threat from open play and has to sit back a bit too much. He's had a good tournament all round though and still on for the golden boot. Pickford had another fine game and could be the player of the tournament for us.