Official FIFA World Cup 2018 Thread

J4MES OX4D

Rakitic and Modric are a dream to have in that midfield. I already had them as a dark horse for the whole tournament. This is pretty much their Golden Era of Croatian players.

This world cup and nice weather is pretty much contributing to the destruction of my liver. Ended up on the rum and cokes last night after day too many pints of Stella.
My lunchtime pint is hair of the dog.

Come on Brazil and continue to mesmerise us all by living off past glories. As that's all they are now, flash haircuts and egos :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So is Brazil going to win this one?

I just turned it on my radio and am not sure what the deal is yet.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

7 minutes ago, Sennex said:

So is Brazil going to win this one?

I just turned it on my radio and am not sure what the deal is yet.

Just turned on myself so don't know the score yet. Brazil should cruise past Costa Rica tbh, can't see another Argentian collapse happen to Brazil.

31 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Depends on who is having a bad hair day.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

me, I am, I need a haircut something fierce. I look like that one dude from Croatia, Domagoj vida

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Did not expect Serbia to lose that. They were looking good but they switched off 2nd half and to let that lazy Shaqiri run half a pitch and score they probably deserved to lose in the end.

10 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Did not expect Serbia to lose that. They were looking good but they switched off 2nd half and to let that lazy Shaqiri run half a pitch and score they probably deserved to lose in the end.

Certainly makes the final round of games interesting in the group - even Brazil can still go out despite being top now. Serbia just can to hold on for an easy draw but one loss of concentration from literally the whole team and now the group is wide open. 

Sounds like Alli is likely to be out for the Panama game. Possibly a straight swap for Loftus-Cheek. What do you guys reckon?

Makes sense to me. I'm also 50/50 on Sterling/Rashford. If I'm honest, I'd rather Rashford started ahead of Lingaard but if we keep the same team I'm cool with that. Remember, we did win and dominated the game.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sounds like Alli is likely to be out for the Panama game. Possibly a straight swap for Loftus-Cheek. What do you guys reckon?

Makes sense to me. I'm also 50/50 on Sterling/Rashford. If I'm honest, I'd rather Rashford started ahead of Lingaard but if we keep the same team I'm cool with that. Remember, we did win and dominated the game.

I was a bit surprised Southgate kept Alli on for so long against Tunisia as he was clearly struggling very early on. Resting him entirely would be a good idea and I'll be thankful if the injury wasn't made worse by keeping him on the pitch so long Monday.

I'm 50/50 about starting Sterling - he needs confidence and playing the likes of Panama could be a great opportunity however he may have another bad game which could be a major problem for him personally and even worse for England as a whole especially if he's a costly inclusion at the expense of another promising player.  

I'd like to see Rashford or Vardy start and possibly bring on Lingaaaard or Sterling as impact players. We may have won Monday and missed a shitload of chances but there were parts of the game we were a bit below par so any changes would be forgiven. 

2 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Walk in after a day driving, switch on the TV and ...Germany 0 Sweden 1...what?!?!

Love it 😅

Norwegians and swedes have always been "enemies" and smack talked each other but tonight I support Sweden. 

Have to support Die Mannschafft in this one. Quality team. Would be different if Zlatan was still on the Sweden team and doing shit like he did against England with that bicycle kick 😜

Belgium looked good yesterday, like really good. On balance however, Tunisia seemed to not give Belgium the same hard tackles and high energy tempo that they did against England. Looks like Lukaku is looking a real threat. The last England game is going to be a great game to watch.

England Day today! COME ON ENGLAND!!