Official FIFA World Cup 2018 Thread

J4MES OX4D

Germany looked void of ideas.
From my middle son to my oldest who works for BMW Mini... Don't rub it in too much at work in case we "England it up" against Tunisia!

England it up....[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Via the FG App

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Fine performance from the Swiss - made Brazil look very ordinary. 

43 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Anyone else think ITV’s commentary team and the pundits are distinctly second rate?

I thought it was bad when they had Andy Townsend, Jim Beglin and Robbie Earle but it's even more atrocious now!

28 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

7:10am, 12 hours of optimism left👍

This is what would happen if England win the World Cup......😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football (you meant to say soccer, didn't you) (you meant to say soccer, didn't you) (you meant to say soccer, didn't you)/44515740

Bloody phrase changer! Visit the BBC website World Cup section if you want to look at it

Edit 2...The link still works!…made a mess of this post though

This is what would happen if England win the World Cup......[emoji23]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football (you meant to say soccer, didn't you) (you meant to say soccer, didn't you) (you meant to say soccer, didn't you) (you meant to say soccer, didn't you)/44515740

Bloody phrase changer! Visit the BBC website World Cup section if you want to look at it

Edit 2...The link still works!…made a mess of this post though
That's a pretty good effort [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Cardiff is a place in Hell reserved for the f.ootball supporting peoples of countries who don’t qualify for the World Cup where they can vent their frustrations on their neighbours who did qualify.

Your invite is in the post and you can support Germany, Sweden and South Korea...you’ll probably meet Euan wearing a “#anybody but England” tee shirt 😘

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Cardiff is a place in Hell reserved for the f.ootball supporting peoples of countries who don’t qualify for the World Cup where they can vent their frustrations on their neighbours who did qualify.

Today i learned that I currently live in Cardiff

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

It's not Netball. VAR used again to just show how it can still be the wrong decision even after a technical review.

And don't argue his arms are up, his elbow just over 4 foot in the air.

That was hard bloody work!

Started well, scored and had other chances but then there was a real lack or urgency for a good hour after the bright start. Not sure why Ali was left on the pitch as he was clearly struggling the majority of the game. The passing was far too sloppy at times and we allowed ourselves to be bullied so easily. Ref didn't help either. Rashford and Loftus-Cheek added some spark but I was very disappointed with Lingaard throughout. 

Raheem Sterling and the rest of the Manchester City contingent were average - it's amazing how ordinary those players are when they aren't being carried by world class ones on the same team. Jordan Pickford had the game of his life though by only conceding one goal! 

15 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

That was hard bloody work!

Started well, scored and had other chances but then there was a real lack or urgency for a good hour after the bright start. Not sure why Ali was left on the pitch as he was clearly struggling the majority of the game. The passing was far too sloppy at times and we allowed ourselves to be bullied so easily. Ref didn't help either. Rashford and Loftus-Cheek added some spark but I was very disappointed with Lingaard throughout. 

Raheem Sterling and the rest of the Manchester City contingent were average - it's amazing how ordinary those players are when they aren't being carried by world class ones on the same team. Jordan Pickford had the game of his life though by only conceding one goal! 

Ignoring the result being a win this would be the dictionary definition of how to england a game up

It was hard but not from a negative place by any stretch.

I think my only question would be Sterling lacking a little confidence. Other than that, what else do you want?

It's unusual isn't it? Watching a team, take their time and not panic even past 90 minutes. Kept going to the final whistle. Did well against 11 Lorries and 3 Ice Cream Vans in front of the goal.

Forgot to mention, never been a fan of Lingaard so add him to Sterling as the only ones that played average tonight.

Yeah, the defence lost a few balls in awkward positions but they tried to play going forwards for a change.