Resident Evil 2 - Remake

Possibly the best one I played...and watched because certain parts scared the crap out of me. This looks like a whole new game! Excited muchly.

This is definitely a new game even if its centered around the same story. It effectively takes the best gameplay bits from Resident Evil 4 and puts it on RE2.

Ready for another playthrough together like old times @Findmartin?

This game is looking phenomenal as a remastered version. There is some talk too of a mid-December playable demo which I really hope we get.

They've developed more of the cutscenes and story plus you get to explore some new areas, alongside playing Ada Wong and Sherry (the little girl).

A few screenshots show how good this is.

IMG_20181201_075458.jpeg

IMG_20181201_075701.jpeg

Old Mister X
IMG_20181201_075837.jpeg

New Mister X
IMG_20181201_075834.jpeg

The talking over it a little annoying but still, the gameplay below is quality to see it's not just a port.

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Can not wait for this. I love how they've done this remake.

There's now talk of some DLC being created for this too - great news.

The demo has been a hit with over 2 million people taking it up and around a quarter of those fully completing the experience.

Still planning to get around to this...apparently there's a brand new cutscenes to go with the game as well (like most have been reworked or/and completely remade differently).

Played the demo on PS4 but I'll probably get this on PC. There's no rush though and it'll be cheaper to wait a while.

I'm holding back on buying games at launch this year, I have too many I haven't started/finished and it's time to deal with them.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

IGN review has been re-published and gone from an 8.8 to a 9.0. Having seen the original video review 'factual error' is putting it lightly..

Editor's Note: This review has been updated to correct a factual error regarding the way you unlock the 2nd Game mode, and as a result, the score has been increased from 8.8 to 9.0. We regret the error and really like Resident Evil 2.

51 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

A summary of the IGN review debacle in detail

I was going to say they could seriously damage a games reputation, then watched this video and they basically have. Idiots. Waaaa the game’s too hard, fucking hell. Get better or shut up.

21 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

A summary of the IGN review debacle in detail

Love the fact that video is sponsored by a razor company and the sponsors deal is read out by a hairy man! 😂😂

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork