Cayde's.......Dead. Destiny 2 Story Reveal Trailer

GazzaGarratt

What in the fuckity fuck fucking is this?!?! Anyone but Cayde...

And for the record, he is dead. Uldren kills his Ghost with the first shot. The best way to get you to really hate a villian!

Please. Let. It. Be. A. Shower. Scene.....

Can’t believe they’ve done this but it’s had the desired effect....it’s definitely a Day 1 purchase for me now!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

It does make you want to know more now about the story when before I was just bothered about us having good solid missions to play.

The fact he shoots him with Ace of Spades, Cayde's own gun, which we know will be available to us at a point in the game makes you wonder will we actually have to face off against Uldrin?! Now that would be awesome.

Also, they've made it clear the raid and location are entwined to the story of Forsaken so we may not defeat the boss behind all this at the end of the campaign, Uldrin or whoever, more so could be the actual raid boss. Similar to Oryx and the Taken King.

Good

Its about damn time we stopped with the My little Pony shit show we have been playing and got back to a gritty Post apocalyptic story with consequences. Now they just need to kill Zavala, Hawthorne, Failsafe, and the cock womble on Io.

This game should be like Game of Thrones goddamnit

(also I fully expect BungHole to bring him back as Cayde 7 and as an agent of Rasputin. Nothing is ever permanent in this game, you guys know that)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

Good

Its about damn time we stopped with the My little Pony shit show we have been playing and got back to a gritty Post apocalyptic story with consequences. Now they just need to kill Zavala, Hawthorne, Failsafe, and the cock womble on Io.

This game should be like Game of Thrones goddamnit

(also I fully expect BungHole to bring him back as Cayde 7 and as an agent of Rasputin. Nothing is ever permanent in this game, you guys know that)

Well said!

Caydes dead oh dear nevermind moving on, what would be better is if you killed them after some big betrayal, you went on some John Wick style revenge massacre and was then hunted as an outcast by loyal gaurdians too.

I think its 100% the best answer for the poor storyline that they keep getting messed up.

Based on how what Byf said he can't come back as Cayde 7 like people think - however knowing them, some 'space magic' could allow it to happen.

One thing I'd say though is they really REALLY have to nail thr story on this one. Taking Zavala out would've been big but to take the only one guy that brings a funny good side to this game and take him out is bold and hats off to them.

I don't like bad endings, but for some reason this one excites me cos I want to fuck Uldrin up so bad now!

Which is funny as I would totally join Uldrin, even before this, if ever given the chance.

His, and the queens, story is far more interesting. Honestly I think Destiny fucked up by not giving us factions.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

https://www.pcgamer.com/bungie-on-why-cayde-6-must-stay-dead-and-how-the-raid-will-be-the-ultimate-culmination-of-destiny-2-forsaken/

Some snippets of an interview with game director Christopher Barrett and project lead Scott Taylor. Though, you should read the whole thing, very insightful.

In reference to Cayde's death.

And you can't put it out there only to take it back.

Taylor: He's dead. He is dead. I will 100 percent confirm Cayde's dead. We want people to understand the stakes here. You should really hate the people who did this.  

Interesting raid bit.

In past Destiny expansions, the big bad usually ends up in a raid. Would you consider a raid possible with that kind of character rather than some enormous creature?

Taylor: I'll tell you something about the raid. I'll tell you that the raid is connected story-wise to all of this. The raid is directly related to the story of Forsaken. It's not a side thing. It is an ultimate culmination of everything that you've learned, but that doesn't mean the obvious thing. 

I'm excited. The trailer was phenomenal, the atmosphere and sense of dread they are creating for the next expansion is amazing.
The song during the trailer 👌👌👌

20 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Well, it’s worked then, As I said before, Day 1 purchase...I want to nail that S.O. B. 😡

giphy.gif

oh yea, and kill Brother Vance..... How the hell he went from this enigmatic interesting sort, to the guy that jerks it over finger paintings of him and osiris in a field of daises that we have now is fucking bizarre

Well, it’s worked then, As I said before, Day 1 purchase...I want to nail that S.O. B. [emoji35]
You beautiful S.O.B
oh yea, and kill Brother Vance..... How the hell he went from this enigmatic interesting sort, to the guy that jerks it over finger paintings of him and osiris in a field of daises that we have now is fucking bizarre
You sick S.O.B.
I don't have any feelings for anyone in the game. Still gonna get it though. 
You cold S.O.B.

[emoji16]

A little interview with Scott Taylor with Playstation had this info in it:

Playstation: This feels like a pretty big shift for Uldren — in the first game we knew he was kind of a jerk, then he kind of disappeared after the events of The Taken King… now he’s made quite the reappearance. How long has the team been planning for this to be where he returns?

ST: We’ve been working on this direction with Uldren for awhile. I don’t want to spoil anything, but there’s more going on with him than meets the eye. He’s the hero of his own story. You learn a lot about what’s motivating Uldren, and where he’s been, as you play Forsaken.

I like the fact that this story is going somewhere with Uldren and that it will be linked directly into the endgame raid and location. For all we know they could've took a leaf out of Marvel and realised that they needed to make a seriously good baddie that people hate but also really dig at the same time.

Uldren is actually pretty badass. Everyone in the Reef has reason to absolutely hate the Vanguard though, which is one of the reasons I wish we could choose a faction to play in this game.

One theory amongst many:

Nutshell. After Oryx Vs the Reef Fleet and Mara Sov's apparent death, Uldren crashed on mars. His whole group, the Crows, started trying to find him, as well as any fragment of the Queen they could (This last part is theory).

Uldren knew the only people he could count on were the fallen however, because he could beat them at their own game, and they also hated the vanguard as much as the reef does.

So he set himself up to take over the biggest house of Fallen he could, the House of kings. He set a really elaborate trap over weeks, and then allowed himself to be tortured for days/ weeks, knowing that eventually when they felt they had broken him, they would take him before the Kell.

They did, and the Kell of the Kings kneeled to him, which caused the others to do the same.  The lore is spotty why the Kell did this, with some theories about a fragment of Mara being in Uldren, or even the Traveller, or just because Uldren was basically Conan with a spaceship and a gun. Dude(Uldren) aint bowing to shit, but he is going to do everything it takes to find his sister, and protect his people. 

Mara Sov is basically the Traveller for the Reef. Uldren knows his people can't survive without her.

So yea, keep in mind the vanguard screwed the reef over, multiple times. The reef is denied the Light of the Traveller, they are denied ghosts and resurrection,  they are denied anything recognizable as a safe home, they are constantly fighting everyone and everything, right up until the player walks in and is all "Hey Bros, I need a gate lord eye ball, cause a scary vex flower patch is bad!"

He let his captors drag him through the dirt.

His arms ached. Two hands wrapped around each bicep like iron bands. He slumped, and the toes of his scuffed boots bumped over the stones and left trails in the dust. He kept his eyes low, a ragged and stained cloak hanging over his face. It was not a position to which he was accustomed.

They debased him. They abused him. He bit the inside of his cheek until the blood filled his mouth. He struggled not to resist.

They needed to believe he was broken. That he wasn’t a threat.

It was the only way they would bring him before their kell.

He’d spent weeks weaving the illusion that led the Fallen to him. He’d left bits of his trail where they couldn’t help but find them. He skulked from planet to planet—Mars, then Venus, then Mercury, then back again—following rumors and whispers. He’d hid from the Guardians, from his own people. He’d let everything they had built fall apart, while those still loyal to him searched every inch of this forsaken system.

Now it was time to stop searching and start building.

He would need soldiers who answered to him and no one else. Bodies to shape with will and magic and tech to his needs. These would serve.

He thought they would take him to a ketch. But they were deep underground. Not near the Cosmodrome, but... it didn’t matter. He’d never been particularly concerned with the geography of this blasted world. It was not his home.

So he bent his head low, and listened to the guttural string of hisses and clicks issuing from the maw of a would-be king in yellow. A broken ruler of a broken house, and the last of his kind.

They were more alike than he cared to admit.

When the creature’s anger had burnt itself out, he raised his head to look at it. He did not need to speak.

One kell rises, and another bends its knee.

And the prince felt the little hum of starlight ripple through him. The one that let him know she would be pleased with what he had done.

Two things that i think should be being asked in all this:

1.  Where is Savathun? (Is she influencing Uldren, or even the Vanguard?
  2. Where is Eris Morn? IDC what anyone says, this lady is a Hive creature now.

It would be really funny, and a nice story, to see Uldren go through all this shit, further the divide between Reef and Vanguard, only to pull his sister back from the void, and have it be Savathun instead.

That was a good read Bart. I must say most of it seems plausible, however I believe Petra Venj is on our side so I can't work out whether the Queen is on our side or her Brother's side.

Maybe she's on both and she is looking to take over as the new Speaker as she indicates she can read the future (when you think she dies, Mara Sov says it was all part of the plan).

Bungie confirmed he is dead and not coming back in this article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/18/destiny-2s-cayde-6-is-really-truly-dead-says-bungie

Does that actually mean anything? Not really.

Personally I am excited to see how many folks stop playing over this move on their part. Reddit, bungie forums, and most comment sections in articles about this are filled with people who got their jimmies rustled.