Cayde's.......Dead. Destiny 2 Story Reveal Trailer

GazzaGarratt

8 hours ago, Sennex said:

Bungie confirmed he is dead and not coming back in this article:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/18/destiny-2s-cayde-6-is-really-truly-dead-says-bungie

Does that actually mean anything? Not really.

Personally I am excited to see how many folks stop playing over this move on their part. Reddit, bungie forums, and most comment sections in articles about this are filled with people who got their jimmies rustled.

I don't look at reddit so can't comment on that. However, I usually see Twitter, youtube comments and the few bungie forums i seen in the early stages tell me that 98% people although they hate they miss him, its completely the right call.

I hope those few do leave if thats the case. They must see through it that itd the best thing to happen as they must be emotionally connecting to the story.

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Cayde is a joke/cliche that wears thin, in my opinion. That section where he's moaning he hasn't got a tank. Get a grip pal.

As much as I say its the best thing for the game and story, Cayde-6 will be the best character they've had since the start. He has been the best part of most missions over both games for me. His sarcasm just worked.

I can't argue with him being fun in certain missions. Mainly anything in D1

In D2, the first time I heard his dialogue i enjoyed it, the second time, not so much, now he is on par with Failsafe, Ashen Mir, Hawthorne, and Tess. Personally I really wanted all three vanguard to die, and then for new ones to take its place. Or at least for them to all head to the various shards of the traveler and get their abilities back, so as to explain why they didn't' die.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Or at least for them to all head to the various shards of the traveler and get their abilities back, so as to explain why they didn't' die.

That sounds like it would've been a great idea. I personally don't think killing off everyone is the way to go. Yeah, keep it unpredictable but you have to have some attachment to existing characters that make you want to find out more.

For that reason they could've kept the Osiris story going a whole lot longer and found him much later into Destiny 2.

The only attachment you need:

• your avatar (character)
  • faction as a whole, not the NPC's quest givers
  • The villian(s)

You have to feel like your decisions matter, you have to feel like you are accomplishing things. You have to feel like you are defeating the bad guy

World of Warcraft drove this point home pretty well as the largest video game . Every expansion there was at least 1 new continent, with at least 5 new zones, with at least 2 new towns in each zone. With at least 3-6 new quest givers in each town.

None of us gave a flying fuck about why the walrus jackasses in northrend were fighting with the giants. We only cared that if we did their dailies, and regular quests we built up faction to where we could get that sweet purple gear.

Why are pirates near the alliance capital city? IDGAF, Let me farm them so I can get more faction!

etc.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

1 hour ago, Sennex said:

The only attachment you need:

• your avatar (character)
  • faction as a whole, not the NPC's quest givers
  • The villian(s)

You have to feel like your decisions matter, you have to feel like you are accomplishing things. You have to feel like you are defeating the bad guy

World of Warcraft drove this point home pretty well as the largest video game . Every expansion there was at least 1 new continent, with at least 5 new zones, with at least 2 new towns in each zone. With at least 3-6 new quest givers in each town.

None of us gave a flying fuck about why the walrus jackasses in northrend were fighting with the giants. We only cared that if we did their dailies, and regular quests we built up faction to where we could get that sweet purple gear.

Why are pirates near the alliance capital city? IDGAF, Let me farm them so I can get more faction!

etc.

Those pesky pirates, LOLZ!

I get that and as they've confirmed with the Season Pass, we should expect less cinematics and less storylines that you run through once and never played again. This should allow for more questlines and secrets to find along the way. This is a really good move.

However, I think we should see it a great positive that the world of Destiny has dragged in many people that enjoy the lore and background of what the Destiny universe brings. A game that has managed somehow to gain a huge following of people that care about the world we play in has to matter to some degree now, whether Bungie like it or not - as they would lose a serious amount of playerbase if there didn't feel like there was no attachment.

MyNameIsByf has nearly 1 million subscribers, purely based on the way he can describe the Destiny Universe in a way that captivates people. So I think all things considered, I now want to see Zavala go absolutely bat shit crazy, leave the Tower in chase of Uldrin, help us in story missions with Fist of Havocs and then clearing the way for us to smash the Awoken cockwomble's head in. With the Ace of Spades ofc. After that, give me a dozen quests that send me backpacking off with Zelda's backpack.

For me, I don't want to ever see any quest giver outside of the tower/farm/ planet hub.

I don't need zavala for shit.

I fought crota, where the fuck was he?

I fought Atheon, where the fuck was he then?

Skola's? Yep, done it without Zavala's help

I fought Oryx... yea, keep your lame ass in the tower Zavala

SIVA..... Not only did I kill it, I even killed the legendary guardians that it had taken over.

Yea, Zavala can lick my ass. He isn't a badass, he shouldn't be considered one. He is just a dude that yells at people every now and again, and helps Holiday deal with her Daddy issues.

EDIT:

On second thought, Zavala, shake a leg and get me another tank or 3. I am tired of fighting gods for you fucks without some useful artillery