Forever Gaming Half Year Update - 2018

I thought it would be a good time to do a quick update as we are heading into one of the biggest weeks of gaming next with E3.

It's been a funny old year so far this year. Some real positives seen early in the year however, games have took a serious dive into Spring which has been felt around the community. We continue to say hi to new people coming in and old veterans coming back and saying hi. Great to see a few stick around of late too.

We should be proud that we've still managed to do quite a lot and have a lot of fun along the way. Over recent weeks we have:

- Loads of video montages, thanks to @tronic44 and @Greboth

- The born of GTA FG Friday - how epic have they been?!?

- The creation of the Forever Gaming Feel Good Fund with a bunch of people wthat now feel good :)

- New quizzes made for the community

- A bunch of new members and a few old regulars have come back

That being said, I feel like we've lost a bit of drive of late. It does happen as it is Summer and for once, the UK is having decent weather, but with the hope of what comes next week, let's get back on track. I can't do this on my own and we all know how this is the best place to be when its buzzing.

Share what news you can from E3, get involved and support the new FGers feel at home. I want to push this place and all of us to have way more fun and get more complete a shed loads of activities together - from messing about in quickplay games, completing hard raids and joining up to do some charity streaming and real life meeting.

We can do this people!

GGFG

Nice FG update Lee, pretty sure we can make this an epic 6 months for us. 

You always have to take E3 with a pinch of salt but just getting an idea of what the games will be like is great. Looking forward to some be titles being revealed 🙂

21 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

Arcade club meet to be arranged!

Agreed :D

From what I've seen at E3 so far I'm now looking to overhaul FG to show more. Even for a trial period. There'll be lots of info out there and some really good looter shooters to play all at the same time. Future is bright!

I want to hear about any improvements or game sections you want to see moving forward. Always want to keep this place moving and improving it for all of us.

So as it is the summer and I appreciate a lot of people making the most of the weather and their holiday plans but its hugely important and significantly helpful if we get any feedback or ideas of what to focus on in the next few weeks and months whilst you sunning yourselves.

I want to know what you'd love to see or want to get involved in across the following:

• Forum sections
  • Meet Ups
  • New events
  • Quizzes
  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Discord
  • Youtube
  • Twitter
  • Merchandise
  • Statistics
  • Anything Else

Even if you just want to come here and look at things, it would be helpful to know what you want to come to FG for. It may be a struggle at times and I know that i'll feel it more than you guys but lets keep the FG train moving people.

I have the FG Unread Content as my home page/open page so I check it whenever I go on the Interweb.

I like the forums/posts best including non-gaming ones, political threads, music, etc. The videos can be pretty good (Waldorf Salad!😂😂) and it’s been fun meeting up with you guys.

I don’t have a single shred of interest in Instagram/FaceAche/Twatter...I presume Discord is for PC games?...Twitch has given me a few laughs in the past. Haven’t delved too deeply into the quizzes yet.

Merchandise? Possibly but it would depend on quality....we don’t need people falling out over merch...

I think you’ve done a wonderful job to date Lee and I’ve loved every minute!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 6/27/2018 at 11:08 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

I have the FG Unread Content as my home page/open page so I check it whenever I go on the Interweb.

I like the forums/posts best including non-gaming ones, political threads, music, etc. The videos can be pretty good (Waldorf Salad!😂😂) and it’s been fun meeting up with you guys.

I don’t have a single shred of interest in Instagram/FaceAche/Twatter...I presume Discord is for PC games?...Twitch has given me a few laughs in the past. Haven’t delved too deeply into the quizzes yet.

Merchandise? Possibly but it would depend on quality....we don’t need people falling out over merch...

I think you’ve done a wonderful job to date Lee and I’ve loved every minute!

On 6/28/2018 at 6:49 PM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

We need more League of Legends players! :)

Great job, Lee. I wouldn't sweat it too much. Things always get a little slow in the summer. Thanks again for all of your hard work here.

Thanks for your kind words both.

Yep, it's Summer for sure. That's why I wanted to ask the question and get feedback. If I know we have a month or two before people get their heads back in the game after their summer holidays, it would be nice to have the place ready and raring to go again.

Just know that I can't do it on my own. It will require help, even if it's mentioning FG when you're with new people. All for one and One for all and that jazz 😛

Any further ideas are always gratefully received. ❤️

Definitely more meet ups!

I also think we should start venturing into the world of pc more, the PS4 games are getting pretty stale at the moment. I know new titles are coming out soon but I don’t want them going the same way.

I also think that we should do more twitch and YouTube but it takes time and dedication and being slightly serious about it.