FIFA 19

J4MES OX4D

Hopefully a few people on here get it and we can get some clubs going [emoji3]
I'm tempted purely for the lolz of Pro Clubs. Phil would probably hate me for life though [emoji23]

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I tried the FIFA 19 demo yesterday and it's more of a kid-friendly version of football. The gameplay is basic, the matches are frantic and you can score some crazy goals. The ball physics look very unnatural and the animations are wonky as hell. There is literally no tactics or midfield battle - you can go from defence to attack in 3 seconds because of the fast pace nature of the game and the very simple mechanics which are heavily assisted. It's a step back from even FIFA 12 and barely any different from last years game despite some claimed radical changes.   

I tried the FIFA 19 demo yesterday and it's more of a kid-friendly version of football. The gameplay is basic, the matches are frantic and you can score some crazy goals. The ball physics look very unnatural and the animations are wonky as hell. There is literally no tactics or midfield battle - you can go from defence to attack in 3 seconds because of the fast pace nature of the game and the very simple mechanics which are heavily assisted. It's a step back from even FIFA 12 and barely any different from last years game despite some claimed radical changes.   
I watched some FIFA Twitch streams. What a shit game. It's like pinball with the passing and interceptions, the players all turn on a sixpence in a really unnatural way, still looks like it's being played on rails and I laughed my arse off.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

6 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I thought the tactics were better tbh, especially with the inclusion of the customisable UD, D, O and UO modes

17 hours ago, Dan94 said:

I thought the tactics were better tbh, especially with the inclusion of the customisable UD, D, O and UO modes

It does look like they done a lot of work on the back-end nitty-gritty elements which is good. Can't fault the depth in that respect. Just wish there were more sweeping improvements to the general gameplay, mechanics and physics because a lot are overlooked due to the dated nature of the game as seen. 

I need to watch some of this Pro Clubs is such a winner of a game mode, regardless of how dodgy the gameplay looks. Working as a group of people on a pitch really is satisfying.

When you've seen crazy goals, have you also seen if they have managed to conquer the age old Cross, Header, Goal routine? That shit got annoying in FIFA 14

48 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Pro Clubs is such a winner of a game mode, regardless of how dodgy the gameplay is. Working as a group of people on a pitch really is satisfying.

You just died a little in my eyes there Lee :lol:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Oh come on, we can make the shittiest games amazing when we all buy the game and group up. Isn't that what happens with CoD each year? [emoji39]

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I need to watch some of this Pro Clubs is such a winner of a game mode, regardless of how dodgy the gameplay looks. Working as a group of people on a pitch really is satisfying.

When you've seen crazy goals, have you also seen if they have managed to conquer the age old Cross, Header, Goal routine? That shit got annoying in FIFA 14

People are asking for headers to be nerfed already from corners

Apparently if you can master the new 'timed finishing' feature, its pretty OP. Seen many videos of people scoring 30 yard screamers if you get it right

I've watched quite a few matches of the final game and it looks like they've toned down a lot of the erratic mechanics that were present in the beta and demo. The ball physics don't look quite as farcical either. The shooting still needs to be nerfed - some dude playing a career as Macclesfield with youth players only in his team managed to score a string of blinding goals and so did the AI. If they tone that down then we'll be getting closer to a reasonable representation of football.  

PES is still way ahead in gameplay, ball physics and animations for me but the very outdated presentation and pathetic AI is severely dragging down that brand where they desperately need to overhaul that as much as they have the gameplay in recent years. If only there was a game with FIFA's authenticity and PES's gameplay....

I’m quite enjoying this game although I really, really struggle to defend myself even against AI on the "professional" difficulty. FUT is interesting this year as it seems they are leaning more towards rewarding the ppl who put time into playing divisions and squad battles. 

Pro clubs is loads of fun, not had too many issues with people crossing the ball in, although that’s what everyone tries. 30 yard screamers are rare, but will happen. 

All in all, I like it.

(Pro tip for FUT: Buy Aubameyang and Davinson Sanchez)

22 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Yeah I'm enjoying it too.

@ChaosGladiator have you seen an error with when a match finishes on pro clubs it says "Online stats could not be saved" or something like that, seen a few people reporting it online, has happened before with new FIFA's

The guys I was playing with and I myself experienced it on friday. Seemed to go away after updating players and such in settings. Not a big issue :P

I'm tempted. Glad I haven't got funds atm or it would be mine already. I've been itching for us to have a proper FG Pro Clubs team here, especially because we have quite a lot that enjoy footy games and others that could bring some newbies into the FG fold.

10 hours ago, Dan94 said:

Does anyone on here have Fifa 19?

@phil bottle will hate me but I got it from a mate dirt cheap last month. Its the only reason I have it this early as i wouldn't pay top dollar for it. Would be nice to try it sometime - I also know @ChaosGladiator and a number of others do too.

However, I own the mighty PES also.