Football Transfers Completed 2018

D4rk_Uprising01

18 hours ago, phil bottle said:

How about this then? ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-44807281

Made me chuckle.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw that, you have to laugh. Im also seeing some things about arsenal's new sponsor recieving aid from the UK. 

(CNN)Change is afoot at Arsenal Football Club. Arsene Wenger is gone. Long-term defender Per Mertesacker has hung up his boots. Unai Emery has been announced as the new manager and, to top it off, the club has signed a new shirt-sponsorship deal with the central-east African nation Rwanda. 

The deal between Visit Rwanda and Arsenal is for three years.

The deal between Visit Rwanda and Arsenal is for three years.
The three-year deal with the English Premier League club will be its first ever sleeve sponsorship, the Rwanda Development Board (RDB) said in a statement.
The "Visit Rwanda" logo will be emblazoned on the left sleeve on all first team, Under-23 and Arsenal Women's shirts from the beginning of the new season this summer.
"We're thrilled to be partnering with Arsenal and showcasing the vibrancy and beauty of our country," said Clare Akamanzi, CEO of RDB.
The deal aims to highlight Rwanda's tourist hotspots, like the national parks, rainforests and wildlife
Last year 1.3 million people visited Rwanda, the RDB reports, and tourism is the country's largest foreign exchange earner.
Rwanda will hope to attract visitors by being visible on one of world football's most popular clubs.
"The Arsenal shirt is seen 35 million times a day around the world," said Vinai Venkatesham, Arsenal's Chief Commercial Officer, in a statement on the club's website. They haven't disclosed the financial details. 
Arsenal is the sixth largest football club in the world, according to Deloitte. Manchester United have the top spot, followed by Real Madrid. 
Earlier this year the IMF stated that Rwanda is the third fastest growing economy in Africa, although human rights groups report restricted freedom of speech.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

(CNN)Change is afoot at Arsenal Football Club. Arsene Wenger is gone. Long-term defender Per Mertesacker has hung up his boots. Unai Emery has been announced as the new manager and, to top it off, the club has signed a new shirt-sponsorship deal with the central-east African nation Rwanda. 

180523083428-arsenal-football-shirt-rwanda-africa-exlarge-169.jpg   The deal between Visit Rwanda and Arsenal is for three years. The three-year deal with the English Premier League club will be its first ever sleeve sponsorship, the Rwanda Development Board (RDB) said in a statement. The "Visit Rwanda" logo will be emblazoned on the left sleeve on all first team, Under-23 and Arsenal Women's shirts from the beginning of the new season this summer. 180511150335-arsenal-number-one-fan-medium-plus-169.jpg   Arsenal superfan shares favorite Wenger moments "We're thrilled to be partnering with Arsenal and showcasing the vibrancy and beauty of our country," said Clare Akamanzi, CEO of RDB. The deal aims to highlight Rwanda's tourist hotspots, like the national parks, rainforests and wildlife.  Last year 1.3 million people visited Rwanda, the RDB reports, and tourism is the country's largest foreign exchange earner. 180523105713-unai-emery-04-medium-plus-169.jpg   Unai Emery succeeds Arsene Wenger as Arsenal manager Rwanda will hope to attract visitors by being visible on one of world football's most popular clubs. "The Arsenal shirt is seen 35 million times a day around the world," said Vinai Venkatesham, Arsenal's Chief Commercial Officer, in a statement on the club's website. They haven't disclosed the financial details.  Arsenal is the sixth largest football club in the world, according to Deloitte. Manchester United have the top spot, followed by Real Madrid.  Earlier this year the IMF stated that Rwanda is the third fastest growing economy in Africa, although human rights groups report restricted freedom of speech.   https://edition.cnn.com/2018/05/23/africa/arsenal-football-shirt-rwanda-africa-intl/index.html
Well that's some sponsorship deal. Never thought I'd see a Country try and boost tourism via a football team. I suppose it's quite a smart move. Definitely gets a large Marketing base.

I wonder if Thomas Cook will offer deals to Rwanda now [emoji848]

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Liverpool have signed Switzerland forward Xherdan Shaqiri from Stoke City on a five-year deal, after triggering his £13m release clause.

The 26-year-old was Stoke's top scorer last season with eight goals as they were relegated from the Premier League.

He joined the Potters from Inter Milan in August 2015 for a club record fee of £12m.

Shaqiri scored against Serbia at the World Cup as Switzerland reached the last 16, where they lost to Sweden.

In June, he was reported as saying he wanted to leave Stoke and sign for a Premier League club.

Liverpool have already strengthened their squad this summer with the £39m signing of Monaco midfielder Fabinho, and the arrival of Naby Keita from RB Leipzig.

Shaqiri, who will wear the number 23 shirt, was linked with a move to Anfield in 2014 but Bayern Munich reportedly blocked the transfer.

"As a player you always want to be on the biggest stage in football," he said.

"A few years ago I wanted to come too but it didn't happen. I'm really happy that now I'm finally here. I want to improve myself too, I want to be with the best and I want to win titles.

"It's a huge club with big history, big players and a fantastic coach. So I'm really glad and happy to be here."

Shaqiri won the Champions League with Bayern in 2013, and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: "I think the English phrase to explain the decision to sign Xherdan is a 'no-brainer'.

"I know him well from his time in Switzerland and especially Germany - I have been a long-time admirer. But the added bonus now is that he knows the Premier League and what it takes to perform in this uniquely intense environment.

"He has speed and ability, has the right amount of arrogance on the football pitch, real bravery to want the ball and influence things. 

"He is someone who makes a big difference to the squad and team, because he can fit in so many positions in our system."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44818207

Maybe Shaqiri will do better at a bigger club. Not sure what to think of him tbh. Decent player but his strength and desire is wanting sometimes.

Shaqiri is a strange signing for Liverpool - he's a good player but not of the standard they should be targeting. It would be like Man Utd signing Shane Long for instance. A 5 year deal is a bit much too especially as he's already 26 and isn't going to have any added value going forward.  Shakira is worth more😎

Chelsea have signed Italy international Jorginho from Napoli after Manchester City pulled out of a £50m deal.

Jorginho, 26, has signed a five-year contract to join former Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri at Stamford Bridge.

On Thursday, City were assured by Jorginho's agent that the midfielder still wanted to join them, despite Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis saying the player favoured Chelsea.

"I am absolutely ecstatic to be here at Chelsea," Jorginho said.

"It is not easy to become part of such a big team so I am very, very happy. I am excited to play in such an intense league for a team that gives everything to play and win."

Brazil-born Jorginho had been at Napoli since 2014 and scored four goals in 36 appearances for the side last season as they finished second in Serie A.

He scored a penalty in Napoli's 4-2 Champions League defeat by Manchester City in November and also played for Italy in a 1-1 draw with England in March.

Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia described him as "one of the most coveted midfielders in Europe".

Manchester City are not very impressed at all at how this has worked out because they thought an agreement was in place.

They are of the opinion that part of the fee Napoli will receive from Chelsea - likely to be about £57m - will be considered compensation for Sarri's departure.

Their view is that it was made clear to Jorginho that Napoli would only do business with Chelsea - and with the player desperate to move to the Premier League, City lost out.

City have walked away from deals before when the fees involved got too high, notably with Alexis Sanchez and Riyad Mahrez. And they feel Mahrez's subsequent arrival from Leicester this summer for a club record £60m - much less than they were quoted in January - proved the wisdom of that approach.

Manager Pep Guardiola had viewed Jorginho as a replacement for Yaya Toure and he is now assessing his options.

The return of left-back Benjamin Mendy after missing most of last term means it is possible Fabian Delph could be used in a central midfielder role instead, meaning there would be no need to bring in an additional signing.

Who is Jorginho?

Jorginho - full name Jorge Luiz Frello Filho - was utilised primarily as a deep-lying midfielder by Sarri at Napoli and has been likened in style to former Spain international Xabi Alonso and ex-Italy midfielder Andrea Pirlo.

Having been born in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina, Jorginho qualified for Italian citizenship through his grandparents and rose through the youth ranks at Hellas Verona before making his Serie B debut in September 2011.

He played a key role in helping Verona win promotion to Serie A in May 2013, which prompted Rafael Benitez to bring him to Napoli for £9m in January 2014, and won the Coppa Italia and Supercoppa Italiana in his first year in Naples.

Jorginho has won eight caps for Italy having made his international debut in a 1-1 friendly draw with Spain in March 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44430551

Here you go James, one for you....

Oxford United have signed Crusaders winger Gavin Whyte for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract.

The 22-year-old former Northern Ireland U21 international scored 23 goals as Crusaders secured a third Premiership title in four years in April.

Whyte only signed a new deal with the Seaview side earlier this week.

"He is quick, skilful and has an eye for goal and we knew that so many other clubs were looking at him" boss Karl Robinson told the club website.

Whyte capped an outstanding season by winning the Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year at the Northern Ireland Football Awards.

"I wanted to make sure it was the right move for me and as soon as I found out Oxford were interested I knew this was where I wanted to come," he said. 

"I have heard a lot of good things about both the manager and the club and now I am determined to work hard, keep progressing and be part of a really successful season."

Whyte was in the Northern Ireland squad on the Central American tour in early summer although he has yet to win a senior cap.

West Ham have signed Paraguay defender Fabian Balbuena from Corinthians on a three-year deal.

The 26-year-old joins the Hammers for an undisclosed fee after two years with the Brazilian top flight side.

Balbuena, who captained Corinthians and has seven international caps, becomes West Ham's sixth summer signing.

"I'm really excited for this new challenge and my target is to meet the demands of the Premier League," said the centre-back.

"Obviously to be at West Ham is an extra motivation and I want to do my best to help the team."

Manuel Pellegrini took over as manager at the London Stadium club in May and signed England midfielder Jack Wilshere and Ukraine winger Andriy Yarmolenko last week.

The Hammers have also recruited France Under-21 defender Issa Diop for a club record fee of £22m, as well as Poland goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski from Swansea and English defender Ryan Fredericks from Fulham.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44833663

West Ham have been busy....

West Ham have signed midfielder Felipe Anderson from Lazio for a club record fee on a four-year contract.

The 25-year-old, who has been capped once by Brazil, scored 34 goals in 177 appearances for the Italian club.

The deal eclipses the £22m West Ham paid Toulouse for France Under-21 defender Issa Diop last month.

Anderson was part of Brazil's Olympic gold medal-winning squad in 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44810938

12 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

West Ham have been busy....

West Ham have signed midfielder Felipe Anderson from Lazio for a club record fee on a four-year contract.

The 25-year-old, who has been capped once by Brazil, scored 34 goals in 177 appearances for the Italian club.

The deal eclipses the £22m West Ham paid Toulouse for France Under-21 defender Issa Diop last month.

Anderson was part of Brazil's Olympic gold medal-winning squad in 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44810938

Never heard of the guy. West Ham are such a strange club, always think where do they get their money from too @phil bottle. Funnily enough I never really see them spend good money either. I think the best signings they've ever had were the free Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano for a brief period (actually think tehy were loans but you know what I mean).

21 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Never heard of the guy. West Ham are such a strange club, always think where do they get their money from too @phil bottle. Funnily enough I never really see them spend good money either. I think the best signings they've ever had were the free Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano for a brief period (actually think tehy were loans but you know what I mean).

They got the deal of the century on the Olympic Stadium only having to pay £2.5m in rent per year https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36043808 on a 99 year lease. There are second hand clothes  shops and meat wholesalers in that area that pay more rent for their business premises that the Hammers pay for their entire stadium. 

Man City had a similar deal with the Commonwealth Stadium which they basically got given to them for free from the council then they went and sold the naming rights for £400m to their sister company allowing them to launder that money into the club without breaking the fair play rules meaning they could buy the league. They pay the council £2m a year to keep them sweet for their original stadium gesture but it allows City to launder money whenever they need it and make money off something that cost them nothing. If it weren't for that deal; they'd be Championship Club again by now. It was only 10 years ago they lost 8-1 against Middlesbrough!

West Ham wont exactly go the same way as City but they have a very generous lease that allows them to invest heavily in playing personnel and this is after Brady and Gold pocketed the profits off the Boleyn sale. 

On 7/13/2018 at 11:25 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

Liverpool have signed Switzerland forward Xherdan Shaqiri from Stoke City on a five-year deal, after triggering his £13m release clause.

The 26-year-old was Stoke's top scorer last season with eight goals as they were relegated from the Premier League.

He joined the Potters from Inter Milan in August 2015 for a club record fee of £12m.

Shaqiri scored against Serbia at the World Cup as Switzerland reached the last 16, where they lost to Sweden.

In June, he was reported as saying he wanted to leave Stoke and sign for a Premier League club.

Liverpool have already strengthened their squad this summer with the £39m signing of Monaco midfielder Fabinho, and the arrival of Naby Keita from RB Leipzig.

Shaqiri, who will wear the number 23 shirt, was linked with a move to Anfield in 2014 but Bayern Munich reportedly blocked the transfer.

"As a player you always want to be on the biggest stage in football," he said.

"A few years ago I wanted to come too but it didn't happen. I'm really happy that now I'm finally here. I want to improve myself too, I want to be with the best and I want to win titles.

"It's a huge club with big history, big players and a fantastic coach. So I'm really glad and happy to be here."

Shaqiri won the Champions League with Bayern in 2013, and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said: "I think the English phrase to explain the decision to sign Xherdan is a 'no-brainer'.

"I know him well from his time in Switzerland and especially Germany - I have been a long-time admirer. But the added bonus now is that he knows the Premier League and what it takes to perform in this uniquely intense environment.

"He has speed and ability, has the right amount of arrogance on the football pitch, real bravery to want the ball and influence things. 

"He is someone who makes a big difference to the squad and team, because he can fit in so many positions in our system."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44818207

Why is he joining Liverpoo if he wants to win titles? 😂

Pretty controversial move but Adam Rooney left Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen to join National League side Salford City signing a 3 year deal at £4,000 a week. Bloody ridiculous Salford spending that sort of money at that level. The credibility of a player is destroyed when they are wanting to depart European football and facing the likes of Celtic and Rangers to play against teams like Maidstone, Maidenhead and Harrogate Railway. 

3 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Wolves sign Adama Traore for £18m from Middlesbrough

Newcastle sign Solomon Condom on a season long loan from West Brom and have sent Dwight Gayle the other way in the same deal. I would've rather kept Gayle in all honesty. 

Condom....😂...sorry!

Wolves sign Adama Traore for £18m from Middlesbrough
Newcastle sign Solomon Condom on a season long loan from West Brom and have sent Dwight Gayle the other way in the same deal. I would've rather kept Gayle in all honesty. 
Yep, I agree with you on Gayle. I thought he was their top goalscorer?

They need as much help as they can get because they've just sold the mighty Adam Armstrong to Blackburn on a 4 year deal! I'm extremely happy right now that we got him.

We just need to get back Harry Chapman from Middlesbrough and it'll be a super Transfer Window for us!

Chelsea target Kepa Arrizabalaga has paid his release clause of £71m to La Liga, which allows him to leave Athletic Bilbao and clears the way for a transfer to the Premier League.

The deal would be a world record for a goalkeeper, surpassing the £66.8m Liverpool paid for Alisson in July.

Spaniard Kepa, 23, is being brought in as a replacement for Thibaut Courtois.

Real Madrid and Croatia midfielder Mateo Kovacic, 24, is also set to join Chelsea on a season-long loan.

Kovacic will have a medical on Wednesday.

He has spent the past three seasons at Real after joining from Inter Milan, and played in Croatia's run to the World Cup final in July.

Real boss Julen Lopetegui said he "expressed his desire" for the player to stay, after his team's 2-1 friendly win against Roma on Tuesday.

Courtois, meanwhile, has not reported for training and is being linked with Real Madrid.

The Belgium international, 26, was due at Chelsea's Cobham training ground on Monday, following his involvement at the World Cup.

Courtois has been a Blues player since 2011, when he signed from Belgian club Genk, and was loaned to Atletico Madrid from 2011 to 2014.

"I always say that I'm not talking about players who're not at Real Madrid," said Lopetegui, who added current number one Keylor Navas is "phenomenal and an extraordinary goalkeeper".

Kepa buys his way out

In Spain, a player must buy himself out of his contract. This is usually done by depositing the amount of the buyout clause with La Liga - Spain's equivalent of the Premier League - to release the player from his contract. The league then passes the money to the selling club.

Kepa is Spain's number two behind Manchester United's David de Gea and has one international cap.

He has spent the past two seasons in Bilbao's first team, making 53 La Liga appearances.

In January, he signed a new long-term contract with Bilbao until 2025, amid interest from Real Madrid.

Kepa is the second big-name player to leave Bilbao this year, after Manchester City signed French defender Aymeric Laporte for £57min January.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45113124