Destiny 2 - Year 2 Reveal

GazzaGarratt

Moral of story, buy Density a year after release. Unless you're Leeeeee[emoji3]

The AAA games releasing lately have been either incomplete or buggy, and are pretty much Early Access on the sly.

State of Decay 2 had a patch this week that was actually larger than the base game.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sennex said:

No part of my post was anything other than my opinion, I don't think I presented it as anything but that.

Warframe is a comparison game.

The Division is as well

You really dont want me to compare them though. Purely for the cash we all spend, Warframe wins

I agreed with your opinion plus I really don’t want to spend 40-60 bucks on a game I may not play

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

Moral of story, buy Density a year after release. Unless you're Leeeeeeemoji3.png

The AAA games releasing lately have been either incomplete or buggy, and are pretty much Early Access on the sly.

State of Decay 2 had a patch this week that was actually larger than the base game.

Man I saw that, WTH

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

No part of my post was anything other than my opinion, I don't think I presented it as anything but that.

The Division is as well

You really dont want me to compare them though. Purely for the cash we all spend, Warframe wins
I'll take that Warframe as a comparison so good shout (not Division though it doesn't have enough activities that compare imo) but it would be a good separate thread about why doesn't more people play it. I've tried it but if I'm honest it just doesn't excite me and it is too convoluted with not many prompts to help the core player like me find a way around it.

Maybe the new upcoming update to Warframe may help it but from all the FGers I know it sits low in the pecking order currently.

9 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'll take that Warframe as a comparison so good shout (not Division though it doesn't have enough activities that compare imo) but it would be a good separate thread about why doesn't more people play it. I've tried it but if I'm honest it just doesn't excite me and it is too convoluted with not many prompts to help the core player like me find a way around it.

Maybe the new upcoming update to Warframe may help it but from all the FGers I know it sits low in the pecking order currently.

The division does though

It has PVP, exploration, collection, better global events, survival maps, raids, etc.

It actually has more to do than Destiny. when it was released it did not, but in its current state it actually does

1 more edit: the Division isn't for everyone, it takes a lot longer to get through the story to open up the command center below the post office, or get to World tier 5, so you have to really enjoy the grind for this to be an option for anyone. Destiny passes you through the intestinal story tract about as quickly as bad fish through a fat man. So its much less of a time investment (destiny less | division more)

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

25 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The Division has almost triple the content D2 has with monthly events that are free.

Division and Warframe are what Destiny as a franchise could have been. Warframe especially is the huge comparison that dismantles the Destiny vision.

29 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Moral of story, buy Density a year after release. Unless you're Leeeeeeemoji3.png

100%, we now know for a fact you don't touch a Destiny game until about 15 months in. Saying otherwise is lying to yourself. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

The division does though
It has PVP, exploration, collection, better global events, survival maps, raids, etc.
It actually has more to do than Destiny. when it was released it did not, but in its current state it actually does

1 more edit: the Division isn't for everyone, it takes a lot longer to get through the story to open up the command center below the post office, or get to World tier 5, so you have to really enjoy the grind for this to be an option for anyone. Destiny passes you through the intestinal story tract about as quickly as bad fish through a fat man. So its much more of an investment
I did say I would revisit it as i don't know the new updates. Raids as grand as Destiny?

We can agree to disagree based on preferences, as I just can't put Division in the same bracket for me. It doesn't excite me the same. Destiny has always hit the sweet spot for the large majority of gamers on consoles because it has different enemies and progression systems that aren't too difficult to work out but just enough depth for hardcore players. Space magic always helps too.

The depth hasn't been there before Warmind DLC so I'm just happy that we get some form of grind back now and into September most definitely.

9 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I did say I would revisit it as i don't know the new updates. Raids as grand as Destiny?

We can agree to disagree based on preferences, as I just can't put Division in the same bracket for me. It doesn't excite me the same. Destiny has always hit the sweet spot for the large majority of gamers on consoles because it has different enemies and progression systems that aren't too difficult to work out but just enough depth for hardcore players. Space magic always helps too.

The depth hasn't been there before Warmind DLC so I'm just happy that we get some form of grind back now and into September most definitely.

Destiny raids always follow the same formula, one new mechanic put into ever single encounter. It's not really as grand as you make it out to be. The challenge to every Destiny raid is always the gear score in the first week then they instantly become farm able. They are beautiful raids, can't say they aren't but it's like building a mansion with nothing in it. 

(gate opening encounter, jumping puzzle/ gauntlet, an item that is needed to progress (sword, relic, ball))

New enemies are always re-skins. 

The depth 'before warmind' is just 'destiny 1 shit that should have been here at the beginning'. We need to start calling a spade a spade when it comes to Bungie. Game is beautiful, game is fun at first. The game is not innovative, not difficult and poorly designed.  Depth among the hardcore community has always been a concern and a problem. 

Bungie games take 2 steps back, then 1 step forward a year. So by two years in you have what should have been the base game. 

Yeah, clearly I enjoy the game Phil [emoji23] at least i know there's some proper closet gamers who don't voice their opinions but do love the game for what its worth.

I just find it really interesting that Destiny feels like it pulls more players into their Universe than Division or Warframe does. Maybe a check on the numbers playing it may help understand where it sits now.

Back to the actual content in September, its difficult not to get excited if you enjoy the world of Destiny.

Yeah, clearly I enjoy the game Phil [emoji23] at least i know there's some proper closet gamers who don't voice their opinions but do love the game for what its worth.

I just find it really interesting that Destiny feels like it pulls more players into their Universe than Division or Warframe does. Maybe a check on the numbers playing it may help understand where it sits now.

Back to the actual content in September, its difficult not to get excited if you enjoy the world of Destiny.
I'll play Division and Warframe if you like[emoji8]

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The thing about Destiny vs Warframe vs Division for folks is this:

Destiny has zero depth, all you need to do is find a gun you like, and get your Light Level as high as possible. In d2 you can look at anyone else in the open world, see their LL and you will know what that person can and cannot do in the game.

Warframe has so much to keep track of that its actually daunting. No one is exactly the same, ever, fucking EVER in the game. There are 851 mods in the game, each frame has 10 (i think), each weapon has another 8 (maybe 10? its not equal), each companion (pet) also has another 10. There is so much customization for the player to think/ worry about that spreadsheets exist

Now these are two extremes of the game depth scale,  rain puddle (destiny) to Marianas trench (Warframe).

Division lies somewhere in the middle. Plenty of build options, plenty of weapon mods, plenty of "supers/ equipment", so that you don't really know what another player is capable of until you see them in action for 20 or so minutes. (some times not even then).

That being said though, I don't think you, Lee, will like either game. Which is fine, but like Rob said, we need to be really honest here with enthusiasm and our willingness to forgive Bungie for fucking all of us over the last months. The company that brought us Halo is gone, it has been replaced by an activision clone, that is also now taking money from a chinese company (NetEase) in the form of $100 Million to explore new gaming options...... I can theorize what that means, but i dont think I should. I will leave that to you guys

I'll play Division and Warframe if you like[emoji8]

I'll play them again too, as long as you try Destiny as well [emoji8]

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Bungie forced the sites that tracked this to shut down back in March I want to say. so we wont really know

Steam tracking for Warframe shows 53,011 logged in as of 24 minutes ago. I have no idea about console.

I need to look into how to sort out #'s for Division, Ubisoft is vague on that like bungie has become

30 minutes ago, Sennex said:

Destiny has zero depth, all you need to do is find a gun you like, and get your Light Level as high as possible. In d2 you can look at anyone else in the open world, see their LL and you will know what that person can and cannot do in the game.

Warframe has so much to keep track of that its actually daunting. No one is exactly the same, ever, fucking EVER in the game. There are 851 mods in the game, each frame has 10 (i think), each weapon has another 8 (maybe 10? its not equal), each companion (pet) also has another 10. There is so much customization for the player to think/ worry about that spreadsheets exist

Now these are two extremes of the game depth scale,  rain puddle (destiny) to Marianas trench (Warframe).

Division lies somewhere in the middle. Plenty of build options, plenty of weapon mods, plenty of "supers/ equipment", so that you don't really know what another player is capable of until you see them in action for 20 or so minutes. (some times not even then).

That being said though, I don't think you, Lee, will like either game. Which is fine, but like Rob said, we need to be really honest here with enthusiasm and our willingness to forgive Bungie for fucking all of us over the last months. The company that brought us Halo is gone, it has been replaced by an activision clone, that is also now taking money from a chinese company (NetEase) in the form of $100 Million to explore new gaming options...... I can theorize what that means, but i dont think I should. I will leave that to you guys

Bart sums it up really well. Nothing for me to say on all points. 

25 minutes ago, Sennex said:

I appreciate the breakdown. As you know me, I'm a person that will always listen and always do my best to accomodate whatever games I can that my life allows.

I actually liked The Division. Funnily enough, I just think I have more patience and lower expectations of games full stop than others here. That's completely acceptable too. We as gamers get bored very quickly these days and attempt to do different stuff with games.

Its the tiny details that I care more about which others will not care at all. The Destiny Universe is such wonderful to play and chill whilst exploring. I love when you get a drop, how the engram shows on screen and the sounds.

Warframe is too complex of a game for me unless I dedicated many hours to learn it. Always willing to try but you just need hand holding on it which the game doesn't support.

For me, why can't all 3 games live side by side.

Last point I'd make is that whilst i agree with depth terminology, it has more depth than a puddle (well, it will have in September).

You ask me how much shit I have to now explain about how Destiny works to people like @Diddums and @crispymorgan.

Tldr - Imo its worth the hours of time I sink into it for the simple stuff it has.

P.P.S. Raids were great with both of you @Sennex and @The3rdWalker. I think that fun is still there if people are willing to try it.

Also, in the interests of fair game and all that jazz, I would try Division and Warframe more if people talked about them more and I see more people on it.

Tried ‘em both....Division left me cold...Warframe was ok for a few levels but was a bit too complicated for the few brain cells I have left working. After seeing the latest CoD comments and trailers on here, I shall probably give BO a wide berth as well.

Perhaps we could say Destiny is the opium of the people 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I just watched dattos video, I don't need to watch loads of videos as they're all pretty much the same but he seems more concise. My thoughts are I like what I saw tbh, I know there are other games out there but they really don't interest me, fps type easy to jump into is where my interest lies and like @GazzaGarratt Id like to see this game get turned around. 

I like the idea of the separate tracking age of triumph type stuff I gives me something to aim for and I can see where my time goes easily and feeds my challenge fix. Ive also just run one guardian but im considering moving upto 2 after what I heard. I'd love it if bungie allowed you to skip the story after running it once or maybe shortcutting it a little to maybe just unlock sub classes. 

I know there's a cost involved but I've found even in its present state I've got value for money, so I'll definitely be jumping on this and hoping there's enough of us to start running regular stuff.

2 hours ago, Sennex said:

The Division is as well

Got to remember that the Division is in its third year and most felt like it was a massive let down until the year two updates that made it a ton better. Warframe is a different animal. Has some great,I mean really great things in it now. Key word is now. This is a game that’s been in development for over five years. They have figured out what works for them and continue to improve on it. However when Jason and I started playing it that wasn’t the case. It was fun yes but was lacking most of what people love about it now. There was no lore,no direction. RNG wa fucking horrible. The grind was absolutely horrible. I mean hours and hours grinding for a helmet to drop or even longer to get a mod that you wanted. 

I by no means am forgiving or forgetting what bungie has done with D2. I have been probably their biggest critic. However it’s a game that I know I can put in play for a hour or five and enjoy every minute of it. What makes it even better is when we do it together. 

Thats exactly my point here,and what i advised above.

The game is shit right now, by year 3, it should be amazing.

Thanks man, you said exactly what i had been trying to but failed at.

Thats exactly my point here,and what i advised above.

The game is shit right now, by year 3, it should be amazing.

Thanks man, you said exactly what i had been trying to but failed at.
But it isn't shit. Not in my eyes. Warmind turned the corner imo. Its now on the right road for better days.

As long as they deliver the changes they outlined in the Vi Doc and the Roadmap.

17 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

But it isn't shit. Not in my eyes. Warmind turned the corner imo. Its now on the right road for better days.

As long as they deliver the changes they outlined in the Vi Doc and the Roadmap.

But it is. In my eyes. Warmind could have fixed it, but instead you all wait another 3 months.

(see what I did there? 🤣)

My point, again, is Better days are not here. Why not play other, better, more deserving games, until after the better days have arrived. Lets be honest, for the next 3 months you will be doing the exact same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

But it is. In my eyes. Warmind could have fixed it, but instead you all wait another 3 months.

(see what I did there? 🤣)

My point, again, is Better days are not here. Why not play other, better, more deserving games, until after the better days have arrived. Lets be honest, for the next 3 months you will be doing the exact same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
We agree to disagree again dude. [emoji12]

Better days are here for me. I always play games alongside each other. I'm 370 which isn't bad going on the hours I've put in so far and there isn't better more deserving games that I see that serves my PvE itch like this does.

This game now hits a spot where I can play many nights, not get bored and then still have nights on other games and have fun.

We, as a community and family, have done had many enjoyable nights on here. And i have recently too. Just like 10/12 people I've grouped up with.

The break did us good. Thats what nearly all of bar one has said who has played it with me recently.

I think the difference here is merely personal, Bart sees better more deserving games which is fine 'if'' those games actually interest you. As you say Lee destiny scratched your pve itch and why you'll defend the game, like me it's merely personal preference. 

This is just my observation. 😉

I think the difference here is merely personal, Bart sees better more deserving games which is fine 'if'' those games actually interest you. As you say Lee resting scratched your pve itch and why you'll defend the game, like me it's merely personal preference. 
This is just my observation. [emoji6]
Oh totally Gary. I'm actually enjoying the discussion. Its good to know how others think of the state of the game. It is preference. Like all of our opinions.