Destiny 2 - Year 2 Reveal

GazzaGarratt

IMG_20180601_141204.jpeg.dfaffefaff98b4f306ef2dfcc28873e2.jpeg

This was unexpected! We're getting quite abit of Destiny news now with E3 coming. It pretty much confirms that the Reef is where the next expansion is, which we've known for some time.

If I remember rightly the Summit that youtubers and streamers went to, we heard that they are proposing a brand new activity never seen before alongside the usual missions, quests and a brand new full raid.

Unknown Player did a really good video today linking some lore in-game that may indicate Prison of Elders could be used as a raid spot. (Btw, i don't think PoE would come back. Not in its D1 state anyway).

https://youtu.be/Mz6DZ1xnBDQ

On Tuesday we may also hear more about the weapon randomisation and slot changes they've indicated as this was something that people have wanted since Day 1.

What's everyone hoping to hear and see?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I hold out hope they will do something with armour. The best grind in D1 was aiming for tier 12 stats with perfect perks for the play style you wanted. Bringing that back would be immense but it’s not even talked about. 

Sadly i I think they have been pushed to focus on random rolls for weapons but TBH for PvE no god roll is going to be better than a masterwork weapon. The orb creationi is too good a perk to be replaced by anything else. Obviously you can masterwork a god roll so it does add something but not a huge amount over and above orb creation. 

So that leaves god rolls for PvP in my opinion and just tips the balance towards good players who spend ages in PvP. Not sure that’s exactly what is needed (the gap between quickplay and competitive is already huge, this makes it huger).

On 6/3/2018 at 3:34 PM, Baabcat said:

I hold out hope they will do something with armour. The best grind in D1 was aiming for tier 12 stats with perfect perks for the play style you wanted. Bringing that back would be immense but it’s not even talked about. 

Sadly i I think they have been pushed to focus on random rolls for weapons but TBH for PvE no god roll is going to be better than a masterwork weapon. The orb creationi is too good a perk to be replaced by anything else. Obviously you can masterwork a god roll so it does add something but not a huge amount over and above orb creation. 

So that leaves god rolls for PvP in my opinion and just tips the balance towards good players who spend ages in PvP. Not sure that’s exactly what is needed (the gap between quickplay and competitive is already huge, this makes it huger).

I think they don't have to do too much for random rolls. If they had a much more varied mod system then I can see a way forward.

Armour wise, they have random rolls now (if you masterwork them over)  however I don't believe those stats make much of a difference to gameplay. They need to make masterworking armour much more of a critical decision.

11 minutes ago, TigerBurge said:

Finally Destiny 2 is being released in September 

And I finally get SUPER excited!! :D

Seriously though, you are correct. It's just so refreshing to hear good communication and content for a number of months now. The 9 minute video they tweeted sums it up nicely. We can post it in words shortly (anyone can tbh!)

2 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

600 power level?! 

And somewhat excited about that bow. Especially if it's similar to the best bow in Warframe. 

Tbh it could be a million power level as it means nothing 

4 hours ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

Im a little behind on d2 so is it any better right now or pass on it

You need more than just me to answer this but from an objective and factual viewpoint, there is more content and stuff to find and complete in Warmind.

The level and Power grind is more akin to what we'd expect and Mars is possibly the best planet to explore stuff on.

For me, its not huge changes (that's September) but 4 weeks in, I have plenty to do, 2 other characters to work on, raids and activities to learn and complete, guns to find, masterwork and challenges to complete. There's also July 17 free update drop to look forward to.

I have plenty of fun stuff to play in Destiny til September. That's the key though - its fun again.

31 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

Pass and wait until September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate why Rob?

There's not a right or wrong answer here but it helps Justin make an informed choice if he understands your reasoning.

What feels right so far is there is a little more than I would've expected in September, which maybe is a fair deal because I don't expect any of this to be free (devs should be paid to make games), the dubbed 'free updates' on Sept 4th are more than I expected.

The Dreaming City is fantastic to hear as an end game location dedicated to end game activities and secrets. Secrets is what keeps the game going and to have an explorable world that is the a combination of the Dreadnought and Vault of Glass that this can happen on really excites me.

Gambit, a new PvEvP activity looks and sounds fantastic. There initially sounds like you could get sucked into that non-stop in different engaging battles.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Can you elaborate why Rob?

There's not a right or wrong answer here but it helps Justin make an informed choice if he understands your reasoning.

This expansion has one month on content at a casual pace and behind time gates. Its a lazy model that will hopefully be corrected in The Forsaken. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

8 minutes ago, The3rdWalker said:

This expansion has one month on content at a casual pace and behind time gates. Its a lazy model that will hopefully be corrected in The Forsaken. 

Not completely true. I have became extremely casual with this game. Playing maybe five hours a week. I’m still miles away from max level. Haven’t completed many of the quest. 

I was always one one of the fastest to max level and completing quest. It’s a matter of opinion at the amount of content and worth in the dlc. 

2 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

Pass and wait until September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus you have to have both CoO and Warmind to play Forsaken so may as well do it now

the thing with Destiny that you have to consider when it comes to playing or not is this:

In its present state has bungie earned not only your money, but also your time.

For me, its a resounding NO.

Wall of text, dont bother reading if you rush to gobble bungie dick if you dont have time

• I can somewhat forgive the fact that our guardians are flat fucking stupid mutes, that can only make noises when jumping or shot.
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that the dialogue was written for and by 5 year olds. (Mute being the best option)
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that they absolutely ignore EVERYTHING that happened in Destiny 1. (somewhat makes sense since D1 was last console, but why let me import then?)
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that the writers think its edgy and cool to constantly kill gods, while shitting on the guardian. (Honestly we have killed what? Three? Oh and thats not counting the Cabal dude. Why the fuck are we still taking orders from ANYONE IN THE GODDAMN TOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that there are zero repercussions or consequences for anything in the story. (E.G. 1 - OMG MOM We are all out of Light!!!!!!!!!! Silly guardian, it was hidden behind the peanut butter) (E.G. 2 - OMG GUYS the vanguard 3 are almost dead at the top of some building, CAYDE lost his arm, they might die!!!!!! Silly guardian, they all have speaking roles, they won't die. However we might drop them from the story before Destiny 3 comes out, that way you can just easily forget about them, and we don't have to worry about new contracts)
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that all of the QoL things we had at the end of d1 were removed from the game, and only in September of this year will we have them back, a full year after the games 100$ Beta Phase started.
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that armor is absolutely meaningless, and is only a new barbie outfit
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that they continually move the turn in amount for tokens higher and higher.
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that Eververse exists at all
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that PVP is shit
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that fireteams break up after every goddamn thing you do together.
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that guided strikes and raids is a huge heaping pile of shit that wasn't thought out at all
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that the only reason I am cutting this list short is because I have work to do, and a release to plan.

Individually none of these things are a big deal, on the whole (hehehehe) though, its a game breaker for me. Better studios with better games are out there and are more deserving of money.

Destiny 2 is a prime example of why being a patient gamer is a good thing.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

1 minute ago, VGon_BGon48 said:

@Sennex thank you I agree with all of those points I think I will give destiny 2 a pass

Wait until the end of year 2, when its on sale for really cheap.

Games that are more deserving of your time:

• assassins creed origins + season Pass
  • Horizon zero dawn + season pass
  • witcher 3 + season pass
  • Far cry 5 (IDK about the season pass yet)
  • GTA 5

(just off the top of my head)

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

the thing with Destiny that you have to consider when it comes to playing or not is this:

In its present state has bungie earned not only your money, but also your time.

For me, its a resounding NO.
Wall of text, dont bother reading if you rush to gobble bungie dick if you dont have time

• I can somewhat forgive the fact that our guardians are flat fucking stupid mutes, that can only make noises when jumping or shot.
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that the dialogue was written for and by 5 year olds. (Mute being the best option)
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that they absolutely ignore EVERYTHING that happened in Destiny 1. (somewhat makes sense since D1 was last console, but why let me import then?)
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that the writers think its edgy and cool to constantly kill gods, while shitting on the guardian. (Honestly we have killed what? Three? Oh and thats not counting the Cabal dude. Why the fuck are we still taking orders from ANYONE IN THE GODDAMN TOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!)
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that there are zero repercussions or consequences for anything in the story. (E.G. 1 - OMG MOM We are all out of Light!!!!!!!!!! Silly guardian, it was hidden behind the peanut butter) (E.G. 2 - OMG GUYS the vanguard 3 are almost dead at the top of some building, CAYDE lost his arm, they might die!!!!!! Silly guardian, they all have speaking roles, they won't die. However we might drop them from the story before Destiny 3 comes out, that way you can just easily forget about them, and we don't have to worry about new contracts)
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that all of the QoL things we had at the end of d1 were removed from the game, and only in September of this year will we have them back, a full year after the games 100$ Beta Phase started.
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that armor is absolutely meaningless, and is only a new barbie outfit
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that they continually move the turn in amount for tokens higher and higher.
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that Eververse exists at all
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that PVP is shit
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that fireteams break up after every goddamn thing you do together.
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that guided strikes and raids is a huge heaping pile of shit that wasn't thought out at all
  • I can somewhat forgive the fact that the only reason I am cutting this list short is because I have work to do, and a release to plan.
Individually none of these things are a big deal, on the whole (hehehehe) though, its a game breaker for me. Better studios with better games are out there and are more deserving of money.

Destiny 2 is a prime example of why being a patient gamer is a good thing.

Lol. You forgiven not much then.

Some things you pulled out I can understand and fully support, guided games for an example. Others are just your opinion. Many games won't kill off major NPCs and why should they. Makes it interesting to a degree but I actually enjoy stopping at Cayde every now and again and hearing the dribble he says. He's funny.

This will boil down to whether or not you hold the grudge on how poor the game was for many months. I was dissapointed to say the least and the quick answer is if you don't like what they did, just don't play it anymore.

However, the only reason I keep in discussions like this is because they are just games, not lives. At the same time, I would love it if my friends picked this game back up again. I wouldn't have known about FG without Destiny, full stop. Yeah, sometimes we dont get our moneys worth. Sometimes we do. The Destiny universe is engaging for me and people that look at the next payment as 'we should get it for free' are just deluded.

We haven't got a comparison game out there right now, otherwise we'd be playing the shit out of it so whatever games are out there I'd argue they can't compare to Destiny.

That's why imo that Bungie were let off the hook big time as there wasn't a big enough game this year to fill the void of shooting Cabal in the face over and over.

[mention=159]Sennex[/mention] thank you I agree with all of those points I think I will give destiny 2 a pass
Remember what Chris@TigerBurge said. You need to buy CoO and Warmind sepatately to play Forsaken.

No part of my post was anything other than my opinion, I don't think I presented it as anything but that.

Warframe is a comparison game.

The Division is as well

You really dont want me to compare them though. Purely for the cash we all spend, Warframe wins