GTA FG Friday Ideas

GTA FG Fridays have been going really well so thank you for being around and enjoying the fun!

In the interests of keeping it fresh so the large parties enjoy coming back each week I need to hear some good ideas we can try.

Nascar has served us well and lets be honest, it is the best races to a) keep people together and b) accomodate a large party (30 max).

However, we can still play 1 or 2 races but want to hook up a loose plan so people know that we're experimenting.

So let's hear what you got people!

1 hour ago, tronic44 said:

I’ll try and have a look today at what there is, as I’m not too sure.

I’d love to try the target one but not sure what the max size is.

Yeah, sounds good mate. We really do need to pick something that can accomodate at least 16.

8 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

I’d rather sack racing all together for a night. Experiment with some new game types we haven’t played yet 

Fine with me. We need suggestions before we get on though otherwise it will be a car crash waiting for somebody to find something to play. Before you know it we've spent 2 hours in the lobby area. What do you suggest?

Actually I’m going to find it hard to find the time to look through this today, will try after work but it might be a bit late by then.

Hopefully i’ll get a bit of a lunch break today so will try and look then.

17 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

I’d rather sack racing all together for a night. Experiment with some new game types we haven’t played yet 

I like this idea, we could even start with races and i’ll duck out and find us some other things to do 👍

I remember playing a mode called rockets and cars or something like that. One group sits on a platform with rocket launchers, the other is driving those armoured vehicles. The players in vehicles have drive up ramps and try to hit the people on the platform. The people on the platform obviously have to try and destroy the cars with the rocket launchers. It seemed pretty good.

fart.gif

The problem is group size. NASCAR allows up to 30 players, the next ones down are 16 iirc which are the jetskis, and some others I cant think of right now. Given we're almost always 12+, it limits our options. 

I'll do a bit of research later on.

banlol.png

2 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

For this comment alone I recommend a night of jetpack racing just for Thomas.

banlol.png

38 minutes ago, Diddums said:

For this comment alone I recommend a night of jetpack racing just for Thomas.

Die

but I’ll go on tonight if anyone wants to join we can fanny around on random game types 

cba

9 hours ago, dreamcast said:

Yo, stoaty1983, tee hee johnson, craig, etc. here! 

I do like the races and have enjoyed the NASCAR like ones. 

The stunt races are also good, no custom, catchup and slipstream on seems to keep groups together enough!  

Hey Craig! Catchup and slipstream is a must. You gotta keep the playing field as close as you can.

@igotmollywhopped and @Horrible_Hector said there was some good custom races other people have made. Maybe we need to dip into there?

The last person blowing up each lap was fun for a few races. I suggest that gets put on the shorter races.

8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hey Craig! Catchup and slipstream is a must. You gotta keep the playing field as close as you can.

@igotmollywhopped and @Horrible_Hector said there was some good custom races other people have made. Maybe we need to dip into there?

The last person blowing up each lap was fun for a few races. I suggest that gets put on the shorter races.

Last person blowing up my races would all be 1 lap long 😃