Faction Rally 2.0 (Season 3)

GazzaGarratt

Faction Rallies are coming back after being took put of rotation because it didn't really have a purpose. The code was deployed with the May 29 patch and later today we get more news on when it is and how it will work.

However, in the database people have found some new detail and wording that gives a little away and sounds more promising.

- A progression system to rank up to level 50.

- Exotic ornaments and specific Exotic Catalysts at level 50

- You can commit to only one faction per account, not all 3 on different characters

- Looks like faction tokens are no more (maybe). Renown looks like the new currency.

- There will be some kind of debuff to make activities harder.

- The more faction specific armour you wear, the more 'renown' you are under (don't know what that means yet)

Here's hoping they've realised that you have to make something worthwhile ad not just hand you the rewards. The progression system looks way better than before.

I think the grind is very real as each faction has an Exotic Catalyst at Level 50 but you can only be connected to one for a period of time.

This needs to be engaging as it will help the wait for September.

1 hour ago, Bluebear said:

I'm not so sure about the faction pledge being account-wide. Three character, three factions made sense and allowed people to unlock all the ornaments etc.

Via the FG App

Probably a mechanic to drag the content out, 3 faction rallies spread over season 3 perhaps, do 1 faction at a time?

14 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Probably a mechanic to drag the content out, 3 faction rallies spread over season 3 perhaps, do 1 faction at a time?

Not sure now though Bob as 50 ranks is quite a lot.

I think the one faction per account is great. We should be forced into choices. You can't have it both ways of wanting challenging and critical decisions and then the next moment want access to everything as easy as clicking your fingers. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Tbh, you can switch allegiance each faction rally so grind to level 50 each week with each faction. It also doesn't say yet if your faction rank resets at the end of Season 3.

The grind is real for sure.

Also more news came out yesterday which I'll get up later but if anyone else can that would really help out a bunch.

The only trouble is, it's instantly got rid of any roleplaying/headcanon that people had about their characters. My hunter has always been DO, my lock NM, my Titan FWC.

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

4 hours ago, Bluebear said:

The only trouble is, it's instantly got rid of any roleplaying/headcanon that people had about their characters. My hunter has always been DO, my lock NM, my Titan FWC.

Via the FG App

Same here, in fact that exact split as well. Also if you miss an event or part of it and fail to max out its then impossible to get everything. Not a great move. Although I suspect getting to level 50 won’t be that tough unless you don’t have much game time

5 hours ago, Bluebear said:

Via the FG App

In D1 we had no problem with it so I don't get the issue. The principle of an allegiance is you ally with a faction. Plus you're in the minority having 3 characters.

41 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

Same here, in fact that exact split as well. Also if you miss an event or part of it and fail to max out its then impossible to get everything. Not a great move. Although I suspect getting to level 50 won’t be that tough unless you don’t have much game time

Its okay to do it, but I just don't agree with doing 2nd and 3rd characters for extra drops. No doubt I'll miss out on something but people will start looking unique again. Its better you have to make a choice than it just given to you over time. The idea of having to grind for a week is great. Gives some incentive back in the game and we've all been moaning that we need something to do and play for.

I wouldn't worry about whats on offer. I'll bet a tenner on most of this stuff won't be locked to seasons. They wouldn't do that for Exotic Ornaments and Catalysts.

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I wouldn't worry about whats on offer. I'll bet a tenner on most of this stuff won't be locked to seasons. They wouldn't do that for Exotic Ornaments and Catalysts.

I would bet they are locked for season 3 though, to encourage participation in the event. 

I would bet they are locked for season 3 though, to encourage participation in the event. 
Not seen an answer to this Bob but based on how many tokens you can get in a week I don't forsee it being an issue - the catalysts are part of free updates so won't be locked down. I suspect you may be asked to grind from Level 0 again if you don't make it?

After playing a bit last night, it does make you engage in a different grind cycle. To get your renown upto rank 5 it is best to due to do a public event, make it Heroic and complete a nearby patrol.

You can't fast travel without losing all your banked renown so for ease, fast travel to a place which has a public event and a lost sector.

The debuff from renown active is pretty strong. More so the health regeneration but some enemies drop health orbs to combat that. You'll get 10 tokens from a Lost Sector cache with a full 5 renown active.

Dead orbit of course, there is only 1 faction!

i think the key to this is making sure you do the daily faction rally challenge to get the bonus tokens. I did it on 2 characters this morning, got over 100 tokens which is 5 levels. Might be tougher on fewer characters though

At Lee , I’m pretty sure the progress you make on a faction will carry forward to the next rally during season 3. I think anything else would be massively unpopular with the player base 

Dead orbit of course, there is only 1 faction!

i think the key to this is making sure you do the daily faction rally challenge to get the bonus tokens. I did it on 2 characters this morning, got over 100 tokens which is 5 levels. Might be tougher on fewer characters though

At Lee , I’m pretty sure the progress you make on a faction will carry forward to the next rally during season 3. I think anything else would be massively unpopular with the player base 
Sorry Bob, I meant not sure the rank would carry over to next Season. I agree , it'll definitely stay there for the next 2 rallies.

Oh Bungie how could you....anyone running multiple characters has got a horrible grind to come, all the ornament unlock challanges are not account wide , they are character specific. And you can’t start them until you have earned a full set of armour through token grinding for RNG engram drops. Uugh 

(Not sure the grind will be much better for people running only 1 character, different issue but must be tough)

18 hours ago, Baabcat said:

Oh Bungie how could you....anyone running multiple characters has got a horrible grind to come, all the ornament unlock challanges are not account wide , they are character specific. And you can’t start them until you have earned a full set of armour through token grinding for RNG engram drops. Uugh 

(Not sure the grind will be much better for people running only 1 character, different issue but must be tough)

This is what people wanted Bob, differences in what Guardians look like. I think its a good move, you have to make a choice now and considering its more about style, you should focus on what you want rather than everything.

What I will say is that you may have a point IF the collections and triumphs update has milestones for these. You would need to have a way of getting them then I suppose as they have impact on scores and other rewards.

The grind is real! Only up to Rank 7, I need a proper night to run through renown and lost sectors.

Best way is when you full Faction armour, stick it on and you get one extra renown for each activity e.g.

Public Event = 3 Renown without armour, 4 with armour

Patrol = 1 Renown without armour, 2 with armour.

I'm not focused on challenges tbh, just to get the Sunshot catalyst at rank 50. If i have time I'll check out some of them.

Which planet is everyone grinding? Titan is a good option due to how small it is (as you can't fast travel).

22 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I am soooooo glad I don’t really worry about what my characters look like!! Die like a king, die like a tramp, I always die so why worry? 😉😎

I want to die like a SUPER TRAMP!

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

16 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This is what people wanted Bob, differences in what Guardians look like. I think its a good move, you have to make a choice now and considering its more about style, you should focus on what you want 

It’s very hard to say this is what people want Lee, Cos they all want different things. So best Bungie can do is design the event to give reasonable rewards for reasonable efforts for the hardcore who care about collecting, and they have missed the mark with faction rallies

I consider myself hardcore (although with limited time) and out of this event I want 3 guardians each to have a full set of ornamented gear, each guardian to be a different faction , and all 3 catalysts. The event design makes this pretty much impossible especially running over the summer holidays

3 hours ago, Baabcat said:

It’s very hard to say this is what people want Lee, Cos they all want different things. So best Bungie can do is design the event to give reasonable rewards for reasonable efforts for the hardcore who care about collecting, and they have missed the mark with faction rallies

I consider myself hardcore (although with limited time) and out of this event I want 3 guardians each to have a full set of ornamented gear, each guardian to be a different faction , and all 3 catalysts. The event design makes this pretty much impossible especially running over the summer holidays

Where I am with you on this is the time factor. Now with a Rank up to 50, maybe faction rally should be 3 x 2 week events, however I've just seen some videos and it seems in a few hours you can get up to 1000 tokens pretty easily if focused.

Also, if you got literally everything this week, whats the point in faction rally coming back in the next 2 times?

What I would add is they have confirmed any ornaments that are not linked to Renown can be earned all of next week too so you can just focus on token grinding til Tuesday reset.

So how arepeople getting on with this?

Im level 40 but struggling to see how I will get the time to hit level 50 (need really easy daily milestone please Bungie). Have actually got fully armour for all three characters and about 6 of the possible 15 ornaments