Fuck the summer games drought!

Every single year it's the same shit: we get to summer and no new games come out. It absolutely does my head in.

I've had to resort to looking through my library on my PS4 just to see if there's something I've bought previously that I want to play. Luckily The Witch 3 was on sale on PSN so I've bought that.

Why has no publisher capitalised(spell check wants me to spell this word CAPITALIZED but I refuse to use a Z like an American (fuck yeah!)) on the fact that no games get released at this time to release a big game? Instead they'll wait til after the summer so we get 60 fucking games at once and then they moan when one doesn't sell well.

fart.gif

Every single year it's the same shit: we get to summer and no new games come out. It absolutely does my head in.
I've had to resort to looking through my library on my PS4 just to see if there's something I've bought previously that I want to play. Luckily The Witch 3 was on sale on PSN so I've bought that.
Why has no publisher capitalised(spell check wants me to spell this word CAPITALIZED but I refuse to use a Z like an American (fuck yeah!)) on the fact that no games get released at this time to release a big game? Instead they'll wait til after the summer so we get 60 fucking games at once and then they moan when one doesn't sell well.
Yeah man, between 12 and 26 October we get COD, Battlefield and Red Dead. Think I'll save some hols for October.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Agreed its shit. However, I'd argue there tons of stuff we can do around this time of the year.  GTA friday idea was such an easy one, it was more making it clesr we're gonna stick to it that's got it going. Perfect opportunity to explore different and funny challenges.

Otherwise we all just get lazy and stuck in a rut - our favourite hobby!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Summer is always shit and then towards the end of the year 10 games come along at once and it becomes a nightmare to fit them all in. Thank god for the World Cup I'd say! I think developers and publishers don't think it's viable to release major games in this season due to the downturn in players because they are under the age old assumption that sun equates to people going outside at all times. 

This is a great period to start a big game or one that lasts weeks. I did The Witcher 3 last year which was an incredible experience and people should try God of War as that's one of the finest games ever created. I've only got Detroit Become Human on my shopping list and that may only do me a week for £50 so I'm a bit hesitant in getting it. Just wish more companies would take advantage of this quiet window as they underestimate how many people still rely on new games and wonder why their games sell poorly at peak times when there's too much on offer.